Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been a lot of twitter chatter about Muschamp being named DC tomorrow. Some of it coming from outside the AU fan base.

One guy tweeted a coach's brother told him Muschamp, T Rob, and Randy Shannon were going to be announced any time.

That would be STOUT!

If Clark, bad hire. Not only will we be disappointed but do will our recruits.

One thing I can tell you for a fact from knowing him well from his days at Prattville is the man can flat out sell which is what recruiting is, Now if he can do that at the SEC level remains to be seen but given how highly respected he is by most HS coaches in Alabama I am fully confident he can recruit in state and give Bama fits.

If it's true that he is still undecided I just don't think that's favorable for Au. Seems by all accounts Au has put it's best foot forward and CWM just must not be overly taken with the idea of coming back. Always seemed to me that the Headcoach mentality and ego might make the step backward less appealing especially now that there may be a HC offer. Clark may be the real deal but he will cost us the couple of years it will take to prove himself. Top shelf guys ain't takin the risk on an unknown, not these days with the kind of money the league is payin.

If it's true that he is still undecided I just don't think that's favorable for Au. Seems by all accounts Au has put it's best foot forward and CWM just must not be overly taken with the idea of coming back. Always seemed to me that the Headcoach mentality and ego might make the step backward less appealing especially now that there may be a HC offer. Clark may be the real deal but he will cost us the couple of years it will take to prove himself. Top shelf guys ain't takin the risk on an unknown, not these days with the kind of money the league is payin.

Yeah, but all this time he's been on vacation with his family.....a very well earned vacation after the year he has had. He may have just wanted to focus on them for a week. This situation cannot be easy on his wife and children.....we have to keep in mind those are considerations he has, and from everything I have heard he is a strong family man.

PM stating decision by Muschamp Friday and Houston might be a consideration. according to tigerdropping forum

Tigerdroppings is not the most reliable of outlets. It's one of the least actually.

I was the one who summed that info from PM thank you very much. Be careful what you say if you don't know who you are talking about.

The feud between Bartow and Bryant Jr. cost Clark the job at UAB.

ellitor...Clark is known as a 3-4-4- guy. The NT and LB positions appear to be a problem in us transitioning to that defense.

FWIW it looks like Boom is trying to decide between the Houston HC and AU DC jobs. A decision one way or another looks to be expected tomorrow.

Having lived in Houston for three years, it is a nice city. And they just built new additions onto the stadium. I'd like him at AU but Houston isn't a bad gig either. You see where it got Kevin Sumlin.

a nice city except for the whole sweaty hell-hole thing.

Lol. Can't argue there. The spring and summer time is brutal. Walk outside and you immediately start to sweat.

the concrete,asphalt,glass and desperation put houston over the top.

As for Muschamp, how long are the good guys willing to wait for Muschamp to make up his mind? Would you freak if we ended up with Tracy Rocker as DC? Does he even want to be a DC?

BTW, the USCe fans at cockytalk are melting down over the Muschamp business and are showing no sense of humor at all.

Please can Gus just bring Muschamp back on the plane with him when he heads back to Auburn from Florida??????

He'd have to make a detour to Rome, Ga to get him.

We'll easily set the record for a coaching thread. I wonder what the all time record is for all boards?

I think the Seastrunk thread on AE was 900 pages before it was deleted.

I was the one who summed that info from PM thank you very much. Be careful what you say if you don't know who you are talking about.

Good...good...

Star-Wars-7-Rumor-Emperor-Returning.jpg

I like your sense of humor. Lol.

Lol. I just read some of the Cockytalk posts. They seem like they feel they have a good chance. Almost identical to reading our posts.

They'll be let down soon enough. They were having a full blown meltdown 15 mins ago.

Archived