Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

From war blogle: "More moves are being made in the Muschamp thing than just an offer on the table. Other arrangements being made. That's all I'll say."

What I take from this is new assistant coaches that WM is bringing in. I think that's what he means. By other than offer on the table I think that means he's signed. Don't know if that's a credible source, but that's what I take from the tweet.

first tweet of that sort from him that I've seen this week. I hope it means Boom and others coming to the plains.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From war blogle: "More moves are being made in the Muschamp thing than just an offer on the table. Other arrangements being made. That's all I'll say."

What I take from this is new assistant coaches that WM is bringing in. I think that's what he means. By other than offer on the table I think that means he's signed. Don't know if that's a credible source, but that's what I take from the tweet.

That's How I read it too...

That's How I read it too...

Let me be clear: I have zero sources, so no information. But it seems like last week some were saying one of the things to be hashed out was the status of assistants--both on our current staff and those Muschamp left behind at UF. Whether that's the case or not, I know do both Malzahn and Muschamp want to take care of the assistants that have been loyal to them and will do as much as possible to see they land on their feet.

But I also know that they both want to field the very best defense possible wherever they coach, and will make that their #1 priority.

I had a dream last night that CWM was a Marine Corps Captain fighting along side CGM & CRL against an infiltration of bammers trying spray paint the front of JHS. CWM had this special kind of weapon that was a navy blue & orange color. When he fired it, bammers in every direction blew up and came back to life as hard core Auburn fans that started a mission to rid Alabama of bammer fans.

This was actually my dream last night. I remember it plain as the day. This could be the good omen we have been waiting for this week.

Whatever you've been prescribing to yourself, you should share.

Yep, stop hiding and start dividing! Happy Friday, here's to today being THE day! WAR EAGLE!

He must be getting his info from PM.

"Muschamp may or may not take the job. We could know tomorrow or some other day after that."

Really tieing it down there.

So when a new DC is announced, what will be the procedure? A simple press release, a press release followed by a press conference later, or a press conference with a "surprise" announcement?

I guess I'm getting old, but I can't remember how Gus handed it in the past.

If Clark, bad hire. Not only will we be disappointed but do will our recruits.

One thing I can tell you for a fact from knowing him well from his days at Prattville is the man can flat out sell which is what recruiting is, Now if he can do that at the SEC level remains to be seen but given how highly respected he is by most HS coaches in Alabama I am fully confident he can recruit in state and give Bama fits.

Id rather have odom

I am not denigrating anyone of our insiders or their sources. I am sure they trust them. I just don't ever believe anything until it is actually done. Have seen too many sure things fall through.

I feel (and I think most do by now) like we need to get someone hired. I want Muschamp badly and had no problem waiting a bit for him, especially when someone like 23 says we are in the hunt, and I do not mind waiting a few more days if we are really close to getting him. But there comes a time where you have to move on. For me its Muschamp by a large margin but that does not mean we cant get a guy to come and coach as well as him. The biggest thing for me with Muschamp is I think there will a slight boost in recruits from the moment he is hired that no one else can give us, but in overall D improvement I think we could do just as well with someone else. It just might take alittle longer.

When i saw the thread renamed i thought muschamp was out.

I thought the same thing and have sent message to other family members saying don't know who, but not Muschamp.

I will not name any sources, but I have strong info suggesting an announcement of sorts coming this morning. Keep your eyes and ears open. Word is it is Muschamp. I was hearing also earlier this week that it would take time to sort out staffing issues so TIFWIW. War Eagle folks!

If Muschamp is not announced today, I believe we move on and someone else is hired tomorrow. It makes sense that nothing was announced earlier in the week with Muschamp on vacation or yesterday with Coach out of town. No reason for an announcement not to be made today. If one is not made, I think time has run out on Muschamp and we go another direction.

Gus is waiting for this thread to reach 300 pages before he announces that Rodney Garner has been promoted to DC and Rhett Lashlee will be the new linebacker coach so he can get some OJT on that side of the ball.

Muschamp to TCU as quality control assistant.

When i saw the thread renamed i thought muschamp was out.

Relax folks. The thread was renamed because it morphed into a catch-all defensive coordinator discussion thread a lot time ago. That's all.

We should make the tiebreaker for the touchdown auburn bowl, "at what time will Auburn's new defensive coordinator be announced?"

10:23 CT is my guess

Archived