Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

This is hard to believe!! Why would Houston want a coach that has no NFL HC experience?? This sounds like another hoax like the USC HCIW episode. We need to get this done one way or another with or without CWM. Where did the Houston HC information come from???

Houston. The school. The commuter college.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is hard to believe!! Why would Houston want a coach that has no NFL HC experience?? This sounds like another hoax like the USC HCIW episode. We need to get this done one way or another with or without CWM. Where did the Houston HC information come from???

Not the Texans the college team.

FWIW it looks like Boom is trying to decide between the Houston HC and AU DC jobs. A decision one way or another looks to be expected tomorrow.

The Houston HC position would be a horrible decision for him. I don't see how he improves that program or really makes steps in the right direction.

Nobody has really talked about it much, but this decision is probably more important for Muschamps future than either of the teams involved. Coach needs a couple of years of success to re-establish himself and find his identity. 2-3 years of mediocrity at a place like Houston could kill his chances of ever being considered for a head coaching gig again. I am biased, but I think the best move for his future is to get back to his roots as the DC at AU.

It is funny in that there never was any substantial evidence about CWM going to USC. This has to be one of the funniest hoax that somehow grew legs and took off like the large spiders in the Harry Potter 2nd flick. Kind of like a house of cards.

I have a feeling that there are those out there that cannot let this one go and let it die a horrible death.

FWIW it looks like Boom is trying to decide between the Houston HC and AU DC jobs. A decision one way or another looks to be expected tomorrow.

Having lived in Houston for three years, it is a nice city. And they just built new additions onto the stadium. I'd like him at AU but Houston isn't a bad gig either. You see where it got Kevin Sumlin.

a nice city except for the whole sweaty hell-hole thing.

They actually give the Houston student body free tickets to their games just to get them in the gates. That's pathetic.

Plus, didn't they just fire their HC over offense problems? Same reason FL fired Boom? Doesn't seem like the right fit for either one of them.

It is funny in that there never was any substantial evidence about CWM going to USC. This has to be one of the funniest hoax that somehow grew legs and took off like the large spiders in the Harry Potter 2nd flick. Kind of like a house of cards.

I have a feeling that there are those out there that cannot let this one go and let it die a horrible death.

From my limited exposure it was primarily one guy pushing this rumor. I have no idea why??

Having lived in Houston for three years, it is a nice city. And they just built new additions onto the stadium. I'd like him at AU but Houston isn't a bad gig either. You see where it got Kevin Sumlin.

Lol. Can't argue there. The spring and summer time is brutal. Walk outside and you immediately start to sweat.

Lol. Can't argue there. The spring and summer time is brutal. Walk outside and you immediately start to sweat.

I've been to Houston in the summer, and I would have to say that AU isn't far off from the same thing.

Don't know how accurate it is but I am seeing some blurbs online that we may have hired Bill Clark.

If they have, then I will be VERY disappointed!!! He is a true bammer lover

Was. Their BOTs just cut his football program at UAB remember. Also Pat Dye was a Bammer before coming to AU and Dooley was an Aubie before going to UGA.

Can we change the name of the thread to just Muschamp Discussion. I feel like the finalized thing kinda fell off 100 pages ago.

Needs to be changed to Defensive Coordinator Search thread.

Late night coaching search nuggets is getting up votes, and fast, over on 247. Getting me riled up!

Eh....nothing new or earth shattering. Same stuff PM has been regurgitating over the past few days.

Don't know how accurate it is but I am seeing some blurbs online that we may have hired Bill Clark.

If they have, then I will be VERY disappointed!!! He is a true bammer lover

Was. Their BOTs just cut his football program at UAB remember. Also Pat Dye was a Bammer before coming to AU and Dooley was an Aubie before going to UGA.

How would we adapt to his 3-4-4 defense? He is a good coach. I just don't see how we make the transition.

Late night coaching search nuggets is getting up votes, and fast, over on 247. Getting me riled up!

Eh....nothing new or earth shattering. Same stuff PM has been regurgitating over the past few days.

Tell me this guy doesn't get paid to do this. He's been saying the same thing forever. If you don't have anything, wait.

I don't get why to continue making threads if he's just going to repeat himself over and over, ugh

The info was nothing new. The upvotes are for Phillip saying the Muschamp saga is expected over tomorrow one way or another.

OK, no evidence. But articles like this one on Sports Talk Radio Network do mention the possibility.

There's been a lot of twitter chatter about Muschamp being named DC tomorrow. Some of it coming from outside the AU fan base.

One guy tweeted a coach's brother told him Muschamp, T Rob, and Randy Shannon were going to be announced any time.

Also, many saying USC's Tanner WILL NOT accept any kind of "commitment" or "HCIW" promise to Muschamp.....does not want to commit to that.

That MAY have been what that guy on twitter was referencing as well.....think we will all find out soon!

There's been a lot of twitter chatter about Muschamp being named DC tomorrow. Some of it coming from outside the AU fan base.

One guy tweeted a coach's brother told him Muschamp, T Rob, and Randy Shannon were going to be announced any time.

Heard that earlier just didn't want to post it lol

Archived