AU picks up new commitment

Tigerdog

If CTT likes him, that's good enough for me. Overall, I'd say he has been a pretty good judge of talent.

Besides, we could use a solid, consistent kicker. Hopefully this guy fits the mold!

tigerdawg, why not to give this guy a "scholly"? is there some other punter/kicker better available? if so, how about making a comparison before short changing the guy?

When are we going to get a commitment from a stud running back? It would be nice if we could get Antone Smith, I heard that Miami was in the lead, but it would be nice if we could steal him from the canes.

aww...you got me excited only to see that we got a kicker. thanks a lot!

I just hope hes good because we haven't had the greatest kicking game lately. the only thing that they have done well is PATs

When are we going to get a commitment from a stud running back?  It would be nice if we could get Antone Smith, I heard that Miami was in the lead, but it would be nice if we could steal him from the canes.

132484[/snapback]

"Stud" running backs generally wait until late in the recruiting season to make their decisions. "Stud" players in general usually come in late. Patience, grasshopper.

Zach Kutch - Rivals

Scout.com

Do we need to waste a scholly on this guy?

Guess CTT feels good about him.

132479[/snapback]

Tigerdog, I know you probably didn't mean this the way it comes off, but let's not talk about players who choose to come to Auburn and say things like "waste a scholly" on them. That doesn't sound right and certain isn't going to endear us to any potential recruits that may run across Auburn boards to get a feel for our fan base.

aww...you got me excited only to see that we got a kicker. thanks a lot!

I just hope hes good because we haven't had the greatest kicking game lately. the only thing that they have done well is PATs

132485[/snapback]

well, in reality this year was the worst season in a long time for PATs. They missed one. Haven't done that in a long time.

Kicker is one of the most important positions on the team. Besides your 2 leaders/captains on offense and defense, I would say kicker in next important.

It just isn't a very glamorous position.

In his senior year the kid was 100% on his FGs inside 49 yards and had a 43.5 punting average. Know a better kicker somewhere? A guy who has coached him says he id=s a great athlete and a good kid.

When are we going to get a commitment from a stud running back?  It would be nice if we could get Antone Smith, I heard that Miami was in the lead, but it would be nice if we could steal him from the canes.

132484[/snapback]

"Stud" running backs generally wait until late in the recruiting season to make their decisions. "Stud" players in general usually come in late. Patience, grasshopper.

132488[/snapback]

"The big dogs walk late."

Pat Dye

How many scholarships will we offer this year--the whole 25?

132523[/snapback]

AU has 20 this year. They may sign a couple extra if there are any they know will not qualify and must be placed in JUCO or Prep school.

Zach Kutch - Rivals

Scout.com

Do we need to waste a scholly on this guy?

Guess CTT feels good about him.

132479[/snapback]

Tigerdog, I know you probably didn't mean this the way it comes off, but let's not talk about players who choose to come to Auburn and say things like "waste a scholly" on them. That doesn't sound right and certain isn't going to endear us to any potential recruits that may run across Auburn boards to get a feel for our fan base.

132489[/snapback]

Yeppur...I concur. If this kid wants to come to AU, and the coaches want him, good for him. They obviously see something good in him. And if it's a question of the NR, don't worry about that...had he gone to Bamar he would've been a 5 Star!!! :big::au:

Well, as John Wayne would say, I'm ready for the BIG DOGS to do some walking! There are too many of the BIG DOGS who seem to be waiting too long for committing to a program that has obviously found its way into the BIG time again. WDE!

132484[/snapback]

132488[/snapback]

"The big dogs walk late."

Pat Dye

132533[/snapback]

You gotta love Pat Dye.

But seriously, kickers are a very important part of a good team. Close games are won and lost by the kickers, in my opinion. One point here - one point there makes all the difference in an undefeated season and maybe not even making it to the championship game.

If the kid can kick, give him a scholarship.

And an Escalade. (JUST KIDDING!)

Archived