Braxton Miller Interested in LSU

Texan4Auburn

I had forgotten that but as far as I know it's still in effect. That would rule out LSU. I think it's a stupid rule to begin with. They don't mind HS players coming in for one year for basketball and then going to the NBA. They don't mind JC players coming in for one year and then leaving but let a guy actually get his degree at another school and decide he wants to play his last year somewhere else and that's unacceptable.

Masoli rule was lifted last May.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24577149/sec-lifts-ban-on-accepting-graduate-student-transfers

Now the SEC will allow schools to accept grad student transfers without a waiver if the transfers meet certain standards. Among the criteria for the transfer: always stayed eligible as an undergrad; no significant disciplinary issues at the old school; and earned all possible APR points. If a player doesn't meet those standards, a school can still go through the current process of seeking a waiver from the SEC office.

http://www.cbssports...udent-transfers

Now the SEC will allow schools to accept grad student transfers without a waiver if the transfers meet certain standards. Among the criteria for the transfer: always stayed eligible as an undergrad; no significant disciplinary issues at the old school; and earned all possible APR points. If a player doesn't meet those standards, a school can still go through the current process of seeking a waiver from the SEC office.

Good for them. The possibility of losing really good football players was too much for them. Never made sense to begin with.

Good for them. The possibility of losing really good football players was too much for them. Never made sense to begin with.

Interesting prospect...LSU sure needs a QB and he would almost certainly go there as a starter. Otherwise, he will be fighting it out with 2 pretty good guys at OSU. Do you think Urban is OK with the transfer after watching his #3 QB in the playoffs?

Interesting prospect...LSU sure needs a QB and he would almost certainly go there as a starter. Otherwise, he will be fighting it out with 2 pretty good guys at OSU. Do you think Urban is OK with the transfer after watching his #3 QB in the playoffs?

don't know. Not anything he can do about it. Somewhere I saw that Jones is considering turning pro.

He would probably like to keep him, but it doesn't appear to be a tremendous loss considering how the other two have played.

after two games????

re Jones....after 3 perhaps...but if they win that one too his star may never be brighter.

No team in the NFL would touch him with only 3 games under his belt. That's just my opinion, but good grief the risk.

Not in the early round anyway. Someone might take a flyer in the 6th or 7th round.

No team in the NFL would touch him with only 3 games under his belt. That's just my opinion, but good grief the risk.

Not in the early round anyway. Someone might take a flyer in the 6th or 7th round.

I don't think so, but its a moot point. He's not going to the NFL.

I don't think so, but its a moot point. He's not going to the NFL.

Good for him. I didn't think he would but I did see somewhere that he had thought about it.

He would be wise not to go to LSU. He needs to try to go to a school with the HUNH offense. Ole Miss would be a better fit for him. If he only has one year left to play, why not just leave early for the NFL draft.

He would be wise not to go to LSU. He needs to try to go to a school with the HUNH offense. Ole Miss would be a better fit for him. If he only has one year left to play, why not just leave early for the NFL draft.

Spent the majority of the year injured. Perhaps feels that he wouldn't perform well enough in combine and still needs to prove himself on the field. That is my guess. Looking to raise his draft status.

Archived