Update: Lance Thompson hired as new LB coach

slipadeedoodah

Sounds to me that he is unfaithful. It'll be a matter of time before he screws Auburn over.

Coaching is a business and leaving for a better offer is no more "screwing over" a company, or being "unfaithful" than a businessman taking a job at another company. A couple of generations ago people went to work for a company for life, but those days are over.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly think he left so many times is because Saban is extremely hard to work for (obviously) and LT is such a great coach and recruiter that Saban offered him a job back each time after he left. But this time in particular, I think it was all Kiffin. From their last little fallout at Tennessee, he has hated his guts. LT wanted out, bad. And now he can't wait to beat up on Bama. Kiffin is the reason why everyone wants to jump ship. He burns bridges everywhere he goes.

Sounds to me that he is unfaithful. It'll be a matter of time before he screws Auburn over.

uat much?

uat much?

He raises a good question. I don't think it's something to worry about though. Could very well be he's positioning himself to be a DC at Auburn in a few years.

uat much?

WarTim, I know you revel in being the homer's homer, but that doesn't even make sense.

I often make no sense and have no point. Ask anyone here..... :dunno:

uat much?

He raises a good question. I don't think it's something to worry about though. Could very well be he's positioning himself to be a DC at Auburn in a few years.

It's possible. I personally think T-Rob is being groomed for that.

uat much?

It's possible. I personally think T-Rob is being groomed for that.

Good point.

TRob could very well turn out to be a very good DC for us is coach Muschamp gets another head coaching job down the road. I hope coach Craig is also being groomed to become our OC should Rhett leave us some time in the future.

TRob could very well turn out to be a very good DC for us is coach Muschamp gets another head coaching job down the road. I hope coach Craig is also being groomed to become our OC should Rhett leave us some time in the future.

That is likely but it's not a critical as the defense. The offense belongs to Gus first and foremost and will, for as long as he's here, be run by him.

Why (regarding Craig)? Gus is our OC. Craig is a recruiter first and foremost up until now at every school he has coached at. That is his most valuable role to our football program.

wde

Even if Craig doesn't get the OC job whenever Lashlee gets a head coaching job, we'd still need an OC/QB coach. Malzahn needs 5 offensive assist coaches.

Or that while he admires Saban's coaching acumen, a guy can only take so much of him on a personal level before he has to get out.

The pessimistic, "go negative or go home" shtick of yours has played itself out.

Or that while he admires Saban's coaching acumen, a guy can only take so much of him on a personal level before he has to get out.

The pessimistic, "go negative or go home" shtick of yours has played itself out.

Agree

Agree

+1

"unfaithful" ? :-\/>

It's a coaching job, not a romantic affair.

Lol, seriously.

the "unfaithful" was ambiguous about the rumors of him cheating in his marriage... I'd like to do the eyeroll as well.. Seriously

Agree

+1

Hahaha, nicely done

^^^^ I imagine working for Saban would be somewhat like working for Hitler.

Honestly think he left so many times is because Saban is extremely hard to work for (obviously) and LT is such a great coach and recruiter that Saban offered him a job back each time after he left. But this time in particular, I think it was all Kiffin. From their last little fallout at Tennessee, he has hated his guts. LT wanted out, bad. And now he can't wait to beat up on Bama. Kiffin is the reason why everyone wants to jump ship. He burns bridges everywhere he goes.

I think instead of burning bridges, it should be he blows the whole bridge out and erodes both sides of the river to the point where it is impossible to build any kind of bridge in the old bridges place.

If I was a defensive position coach at Auburn, I would work my tail off so that if and when the day comes where CWM gets another HC job, I would be at the top of my game and would make a seamless transition to the DC position. There would be no drop off whatsoever, and Auburn would remain the best defense in the conference.

If I was a defensive position coach at Auburn, I would work my tail off so that if and when the day comes where CWM gets another HC job, I would be at the top of my game and would make a seamless transition to the DC position. There would be no drop off whatsoever, and Auburn would remain the best defense in the conference.

Archived