Update: Lance Thompson hired as new LB coach

slipadeedoodah

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys know that there are people that will believe the idea of him being a spy.

There were multiple tin foil hat, REC black helicopter conspiracy morons on ITAT that said so the day he was hired.

wde

Just asked a Bama friend what he thought about Lance to AU, immediate response: "He is going to get y'all on probation, that's why Saban let him go".

Gotta love these people. Bammers the gift that keeps on giving.

You guys know that there are people that will believe the idea of him being a spy.

There were multiple tin foil hat, REC black helicopter conspiracy morons on ITAT that said so the day he was hired.

wde

Do they also think Brother Bill was a saboteur?

I just met two bama friends of mine to watch NFL, and while I didnt bring it up, Lance Thompson came up. They said the d was not ever as good since Thompson came back. I stared at them for a little while and then gave them a "come on guys" and went to the bathroom. They looked ashamed when I came back, but maybe it was because they did something to my drink.

wde

Do they also think Brother Bill was a saboteur?

Some do. They also conveniently forget that Pat Dye worshiped Bear Bryant until the day the Bear died and modeled our program on EVERY way both on and off of the field the way the Bear ran spuat's program. They also forget that Wayne Hall as a spuat player and was brought up through Pat Dye to coach (on and off of the field) the way the Bear ran spuat's program.

wde

wde

I just met two bama friends of mine to watch NFL, and while I didnt bring it up, Lance Thompson came up. They said the d was not ever as good since Thompson came back. I stared at them for a little while and then gave them a "come on guys" and went to the bathroom. They looked ashamed when I came back, but maybe it was because they did something to my drink.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, though -- you might want to get another drink to replace that one.

We are all aware of the "Sour grapes" psychological process learned from our days in college or other schooling. This is what is happening to the bammer nation. If a bammer could go back in time a month or more, they would be praising CLT as a great coach and recruiter.

The minute that CLT went off of the reservation and became an Auburn coach, the bammer nation degraded CLTs stock from blue chip to penny stocks. I guarantee you if you could administer truth serum to a typical bammer fan, they would say that they lost a very good coach and recruiter.

That's right Doc. I spoke with a Turd I work with on friday. He brought up the coaching changes at Bama. I tried to explain to him it was a big deal to lose Thompson to AU and Steele to LSU. His response was that there are way better coaches out there that they will get and that those who leave aren't good enought to stay. He said that if they couldn't get Bama to the top of the mountain, they weren't wanted. OMG flippin idiot...

Yeah, Thompson is so mediocre, Saban has now hired him on three different occasions: once at LSU and twice at bama. He's hired Steele at least twice at Bama. :rolleyes:

That's right Doc. I spoke with a Turd I work with on friday. He brought up the coaching changes at Bama. I tried to explain to him it was a big deal to lose Thompson to AU and Steele to LSU. His response was that there are way better coaches out there that they will get and that those who leave aren't good enought to stay. He said that if they couldn't get Bama to the top of the mountain, they weren't wanted. OMG flippin idiot...

bammer logic.

Does this sound like lil nicki is a little butthurt?

Aaron Suttles@AaronSuttles 57m57 minutes ago

Asked abt how he felt about Lance Thompson going to Auburn, Saban said: Lance has been with us several time & he's done same thing each time

I am sure that CLT has to pinch himself at least 50 times a day just to make sure he isn't dreaming. He can finally work for a coach who will give him the freedom to do his job. We are well under way to an era of Auburn football that has never been seen. Great things are ahead of us no doubt!

Asked abt how he felt about Lance Thompson going to Auburn, Saban said: Lance has been with us several time & he's done same thing each time

This doesn't sound anything like LT was asked to leave.

This doesn't sound anything like LT was asked to leave.

It contradicts Suttles' earlier tweet. Some source. :D

Lance Thompson coming to Auburn is eating uat alive. They are scared they he will flip some of their commits to Auburn. In time, hopefully that will be the case. Their also scared that Kevin Steele with do the samething since he's LSU's DC.

From AL.com

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/01/alabama_not_rushing_to_fill_co.html#incart_story_package

"Thompson made his second move to one of Alabama's SEC rivals. Back in 2009, he landed in Tennessee after two years on Saban's staff. This time, he's headed to Auburn.

"We've had several opportunities and given Lance several opportunities through the years and this same circumstance has occurred several times before and I can't really tell you why coaches do what they do," Saban said. "I think the best thing you can do is ask him, not me. We'll do the best we can to find the best replacement for him. The guy did a good job when he was with us and we wish him well. We've always wished him well and we'll continue to have the best program we can have for our players and get the best coaches and teachers for our players."

This doesn't sound like Nicky fired him. ;D

The bottom line is that Saban lost one of his best defensive coaches. I feel certain that this was a loss to Saban's staff that will not be easy to replace.

Archived