Update: Lance Thompson hired as new LB coach

slipadeedoodah

it should not surprise anybody that the bammers are saying that saban was ready for Thompson and Steele to go. It shouldn't surprise us because that is standard operating procedure for the bammers. I guarantee you that if saban announced tomorrow that he was leaving the bammers would say that he had lost his edge and motivation which is the reason he lost to Ole Miss and Ohio State. Saban is one of the best coaches in the game today (I just threw up a little in my mouth) and they would throw him under the bus and act like he wasn't wanted anymore if he was to leave. It's just what they do.

They loved this over at Tidefans:

5727854F-1342-4FED-AA56-3414B05E821C_zpsmqdkvuh1.png

Hey, a4e! You're famous! Lol

If you can piss off a Bama fan, come sit next to me.

That's not hard to do. I told a Bama fan I work with(he is actually from tuscalooser) that McElroy sucked and he quit talking to me for almost a week. Lol. I also told him that mark Ingram didn't deserve the heisman and that Trent Richardson was a better RB. I thought we were fixing to fight.

Richardson may have been better but not by much. They are both collossal failures in the nfl as we all knew they would be.

I thought TR would do well on the NFL. Not surprised that MI is a failure. I'm even more surprised that Eddie Lacy is killing it.

He won't be for long, as they were ALL overrated

LOL. Ist I don't care how any player, especially a spuat player performs in the NFL, I only care how they perform against us or for us. But, Eddie Lacy is the real deal in the NFL.

wde

I'm not impressed. But tre mason is one hell of running back

Offensive rookie of the year and you're not impressed. :rolleyes:/>

The guy can ball. What does Tre have to do with this conversation?

Take Aaron Rogers away and u will see just how good Lacey is. Although he is better than both Richardson and Ingram, which I've said to many bama fans while he was at that school. Now what tre mason did in his first year is waaaay more impressive to me. He is a threat to take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it should not surprise anybody that the bammers are saying that saban was ready for Thompson and Steele to go. It shouldn't surprise us because that is standard operating procedure for the bammers. I guarantee you that if saban announced tomorrow that he was leaving the bammers would say that he had lost his edge and motivation which is the reason he lost to Ole Miss and Ohio State. Saban is one of the best coaches in the game today (I just threw up a little in my mouth) and they would throw him under the bus and act like he wasn't wanted anymore if he was to leave. It's just what they do.

That's not hard to do. I told a Bama fan I work with(he is actually from tuscalooser) that McElroy sucked and he quit talking to me for almost a week. Lol. I also told him that mark Ingram didn't deserve the heisman and that Trent Richardson was a better RB. I thought we were fixing to fight.

Richardson may have been better but not by much. They are both collossal failures in the nfl as we all knew they would be.

I thought TR would do well on the NFL. Not surprised that MI is a failure. I'm even more surprised that Eddie Lacy is killing it.

LOL. Ist I don't care how any player, especially a spuat player performs in the NFL, I only care how they perform against us or for us. But, Eddie Lacy is the real deal in the NFL.

wde

Take Aaron Rogers away and u will see just how good Lacey is. Although he is better than both Richardson and Ingram, which I've said to many bama fans while he was at that school. Now what tre mason did in his first year is waaaay more impressive to me. He is a threat to take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

You still can't take away what he has done. I dislike every bammer as much as the next guy, but he is killing it in the NFL. As a Auburn and Cowboys fan it pains me to say that out loud. War Eagle

Lots of bias here lol

IMO:

Tre is good. Ingram had a very good year for the Saints. Lacy is a beast. Trent Richardson sucks. And for good measure Ben Tate has been on 3 teams this season and mediocre to say the least.

Lots of bias here lol

IMO:

Tre is good. Ingram had a very good year for the Saints. Lacy is a beast. Trent Richardson sucks. And for good measure Ben Tate has been on 3 teams this season and mediocre to say the least.

Ingram seemed to finally find his groove. He was healthy too. Once they leave turdtown, I don't care one way or the other. None of them are on teams I root for regularly. I like the saints ok but more ambivalent about them than anything else

wde

You still can't take away what he has done. I dislike every bammer as much as the next guy, but he is killing it in the NFL. As a Auburn and Cowboys fan it pains me to say that out loud. War Eagle

We will see Sunday! Go Seahawks

Lots of bias here lol

IMO:

Lacey is no beast, but marshawn lynch, that fellow is what u would call beast

Aaron Rodgers did miss something like 6 or 7 games last year with a broken collarbone.

Sorry, I thought this was a thread about us hiring LT, not NFL running backs.

Get back on topic, and post about NFL running backs where they belong. Many thanks.

Lots of bias here lol

IMO:

EL is the next Lynch, though!

Is there any chance CLT has any affect on any recruits this signing period? Or will we see the benefits from his hire start next season?

he'll definitely have an impact this year. Several of the top recruits have dealt with him. Check the recruiting forum and you'll see.

Is there any chance CLT has any affect on any recruits this signing period? Or will we see the benefits from his hire start next season?

If he is out recruiting, he will have an effect on some recruits. He isn't considered one of the top recruiters in the country for nothing. But, you ask a good question. I think we see the full effect next season.

If he is out recruiting, he will have an effect on some recruits. He isn't considered one of the top recruiters in the country for nothing. But, you ask a good question. I think we see the full effect next season.

Thanks. The reason I asked is because it seems like it could be counterproductive. If he has been negatively recruiting against us this whole time, then does a complete 180°, it seems to me like that could be off putting to some recruits.

Dont get me wrong, if you see the first few pages of this thread, I was/am STOKED about this hire. Just seems that if CLT has actively been negatively recruiting against us, he should wait until after NSD to recruit. That, OR just recruit players this go around that he didn't have too much of a basis with.

Does that make sense, or do I deserve to be stuck with the tinfoil hat group after asking?

Thanks. The reason I asked is because it seems like it could be counterproductive. If he has been negatively recruiting against us this whole time, then does a complete 180°, it seems to me like that could be off putting to some recruits.

Dont get me wrong, if you see the first few pages of this thread, I was/am STOKED about this hire. Just seems that if CLT has actively been negatively recruiting against us, he should wait until after NSD to recruit. That, OR just recruit players this go around that he didn't have too much of a basis with.

Does that make sense, or do I deserve to be stuck with the tinfoil hat group after asking?

I would prefer to assume that "negative recruiting" is not a tactic he would emphasize. But perhaps I am naive.

Regardless, it would obviously be awkward having to reverse your spiel.

Lots of bias here lol

IMO:

ok

No need for the tinfoil hat. It's a legitimate question but recruits build relationships with the coach that is recruiting them. It's the same thing with CWM. There are a number of players he had relationships built with while he was at UF. Those players are now giving serious consideration to Auburn whereas they really didn't even have Auburn high on their list before, if at all. CLT will do the same thing. It's already taking place. That's why we place so much emphasis on how good a recruiter a particular coach is.

And usually the better recruiters don't have to go the negative route. I think they more or less sell up there school and system. I guess when LT was with bama he could have sold the 3-4 defense as being closer to a NFL style system as opposed to the 4-2-5. But now that we're back to the 4-3 he wouldn't have to back pedal much.

If Saban wanted his two LB coaches gone, seems like he would have had hires to announce by now.

Right, Im sure that was part of the plan to let them go right before national signing day. I dont do yellow.

Lots of bias here lol

IMO:

Lol^^. NOT! Don't take it personal, it's just MY opinion on Lacey. I'm not impressed like everyone else. Lacey: 21att/ 53yds. Lynch: 25att / 157yds

If Saban wanted his two LB coaches gone, seems like he would have had hires to announce by now.

Right, Im sure that was part of the plan to let them go right before national signing day. I dont do yellow.

Oh come on, y'all -- get real! You know CLT would never have come to Auburn without Saban's official blessing!

Archived