Update: Lance Thompson hired as new LB coach

slipadeedoodah

Maybe it's just hopeful thinking but I have the feeling he is going to love it here and will work out great for us.

He already knows Muschamp and who wouldn't rather be living and coaching in Auburn compared to Tuskalooser? And the fact he is now recruiting against a place he knows so well has to be a positive.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been over there before (and wouldn't even consider joining), but y'all got me curious. I found a thread on the last time they re-hired CLT (back from UTk). It's pretty interesting to see their reactions to CLT returning after what many of them perceived as a 'traitorous' move to UTk (to work with Kiffin, no less).

There's also an old Scarbinsky article I read that contained some choice quotes from CLT about Kiffin. Suffice it to say that I suspect it didn't sit too well with CLT when Saban hired Kiffin.

As far as I can tell, despite lingering resentment toward CLT, the consensus seems to be that he was an ace recruiter and a good (or at least adequate) on-field coach.

Thank you for linking the article.

Sure thing -- had to go back and edit that in, but glad I did.

Folks, I could not give two craps about why Coach Lance Thompson left Turdtown. All I care about is the fact that he is now ours. Period. He'll be recruiting for us and coaching for us come spring. That is all I need to know. I don't listen to fools, therefore I could care less what any bammer has to say about it.

Folks, I could not give two craps about why Coach Lance Thompson left Turdtown. All I care about is the fact that he is now ours. Period. He'll be recruiting for us and coaching for us come spring. That is all I need to know. I don't listen to fools, therefore I could care less what any bammer has to say about it.

It's just funny to watch them spin this the way they do. Watching bammers be bammers is pretty entertaining.

It's just funny to watch them spin this the way they do. Watching bammers be bammers is pretty entertaining.

I find it frustrating at times. I live here in the Athens area, so I mostly have to deal with the leg humpers.

I've never been over there before (and wouldn't even consider joining), but y'all got me curious. I found a thread on the last time they re-hired CLT (back from UTk). It's pretty interesting to see their reactions to CLT returning after what many of them perceived as a 'traitorous' move to UTk (to work with Kiffin, no less).

There's also an old Scarbinsky article I read that contained some choice quotes from CLT about Kiffin. Suffice it to say that I suspect it didn't sit too well with CLT when Saban hired Kiffin.

As far as I can tell, despite lingering resentment toward CLT, the consensus seems to be that he was an ace recruiter and a good (or at least adequate) on-field coach.

Thank you for linking the article.

Sure thing -- had to go back and edit that in, but glad I did.

Me too.

I find it frustrating at times. I live here in the Athens area, so I mostly have to deal with the leg humpers.

It's about 75-80% bammer here where I live and I bet out of that you might get 0.5% that are members of the decent bama fans. The rest are charter members of the updyke fan club.

It's about 75-80% bammer here where I live and I bet out of that you might get 0.5% that are members of the decent bama fans. The rest are charter members of the updyke fan club.

I would suggest moving!

I would suggest moving!

All in due time. I've lived here all my life and I've learned to just ignore them or even just outright laugh at them. It actually is entertaining to watch them.

Well we hired a coach that was fired in Muschamp and now a coach that was suggested he leave in Thompson. We are very happy and know their loss is our huge gain.

I find that amazing. I was thrown off immediately for less than you have done.

LOL. Probably caught Earle in a foul mood. I stay as deferential as I can. They tolerate me. What was your handle?

And you are confused why you ate treated better than beege is here? Seriously. The dude is a smart aleck to put it as absolutely kindly as possible.

And you are confused why you ate treated better than beege is here? Seriously. The dude is a smart aleck to put it as absolutely kindly as possible.

I like BG. He's been contributing positively to this forum far longer than I have, he does go out of his way to be deferential, he's good for an Xs and Os discussion and he puts up with far more crap for being a Bama fan than he deserves.

I get razzed a bit over at Tidefans for being an Auburn fan, but it's nothing to the hostility he gets here. And I joined after the Iron Bowl last year.

I like BG. He's been contributing positively to this forum far longer than I have, he does go out of his way to be deferential, he's good for an Xs and Os discussion and he puts up with far more crap for being a Bama fan than he deserves.

I get razzed a bit over at Tidefans for being an Auburn fan, but it's nothing to the hostility he gets here. And I joined after the Iron Bowl last year.

:-\

LOL. Probably caught Earle in a foul mood. I stay as deferential as I can. They tolerate me. What was your handle?

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with that dialect.

Well we hired a coach that was fired in Muschamp and now a coach that was suggested he leave in Thompson. We are very happy and know their loss is our huge gain.

. I will try and get JJ to call you and get your approval of our next hires. Just for the record, Bear and Vince Lombardi are dead.

. I will try and get JJ to call you and get your approval of our next hires. Just for the record, Bear and Vince Lombardi are dead.

I think you misread mom2kid's post.

I think you misread mom2kid's post.

Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of message board posters, didn't you know?

:-\/>

Well, when he wasn't, it sure was fun to read.

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with that dialect.

Oh wonderful, the grammar/typo police have arrived. Get a life, or don't.

:-\/>

Well, when he wasn't, it sure was fun to read.

I was kind of proud to have a bammer on the forum. I think it's kind of classy. Course, you can't have strong or confrontational bammers, after all it is an Auburn forum.

Archived