Update: Lance Thompson hired as new LB coach

slipadeedoodah

When I was told that this staff would be epic, I didn't think it would be like this! WDE

That's because nobody, and I mean nobody, knew about this two weeks ago.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chief of Surgery in med school was one of the meanest, hateful intimidating SOBs with whom I have ever worked. However he trained good surgeons, and I never feared looking another doctor in the eye.

We have all said it is not 1968 and that it is a business. If we pay an assistant coach 500k and he underachieves then I do not mind if the devil makes his life insufferable.

However I would prefer Tony Dungee "this is as loud as I am going to talk you had better listen".

Little doc It's ok to be a SOB, but you better be a damned good one

First, I recommend full cavity search and retinal scan. Might have an implanted call home RFID chip.

If he's clean, War Eagle! Muschamp's staff is looking stronger.

Thompson did this once before when he left bammer for UT. From what bama fans say, he finds working with Saban something of a grind. It's not for everyone. You work with him because he's one of the best in the business and it's a highly visible platform for your career. But personalities don't always mesh.

Gus will be perfect for him. All the competitiveness and genius. None of the a**holeyness.

it should not surprise anybody that the bammers are saying that saban was ready for Thompson and Steele to go. It shouldn't surprise us because that is standard operating procedure for the bammers. I guarantee you that if saban announced tomorrow that he was leaving the bammers would say that he had lost his edge and motivation which is the reason he lost to Ole Miss and Ohio State. Saban is one of the best coaches in the game today (I just threw up a little in my mouth) and they would throw him under the bus and act like he wasn't wanted anymore if he was to leave. It's just what they do.

They loved this over at Tidefans:

5727854F-1342-4FED-AA56-3414B05E821C_zpsmqdkvuh1.png

Hey, a4e! You're famous! Lol

it should not surprise anybody that the bammers are saying that saban was ready for Thompson and Steele to go. It shouldn't surprise us because that is standard operating procedure for the bammers. I guarantee you that if saban announced tomorrow that he was leaving the bammers would say that he had lost his edge and motivation which is the reason he lost to Ole Miss and Ohio State. Saban is one of the best coaches in the game today (I just threw up a little in my mouth) and they would throw him under the bus and act like he wasn't wanted anymore if he was to leave. It's just what they do.

He's always famous.

Possibly the best point he's made. Speaks the truth and that is just the way they are.

When I was told that this staff would be epic, I didn't think it would be like this! WDE

That's because nobody, and I mean nobody, knew about this two weeks ago.

^^This^^

Don't know what's worse... The fact that someone was on their forum... Or the fact that they were on ours.

Don't know what's worse... The fact that someone was on their forum... Or the fact that they were on ours.

It's always entertaining to go over there and see what the latest delusion is. You can't linger long or go often but every once in a while it's ok.

It's always entertaining to go over there and see what the latest delusion is. You can't linger long or go often but every once in a while it's ok.

I have a handle and post over there. Believe it or not, I catch less crap for being an AU fan there than BG did here.

I have a handle and post over there. Believe it or not, I catch less crap for being an AU fan there than BG did here.

I don't mind bama fans as such but BG was over the top most of the time. Some of what was sent his way was over the top too. That board is the one out of all of them that is halfway worth the time. The guy that runs it cuts off all the nonsense from the idiots.

Bama fans are absolute MORONS. So, Saban thinks Thompson sucks as a coach and told him to leave? Saban has hired Thompson not once....not twice....but THREE times in his career. Once at LSU and twice now at Bama. Yeah, he must really suck.

Bama fans are absolute MORONS. So, Saban thinks Thompson sucks as a coach and told him to leave? Saban has hired Thompson not once....not twice....but THREE times in his career. Once at LSU and twice now at Bama. Yeah, he must really suck.

I love your Steve Spurrier quote lol

I was noticing that they couldn't spell "stupidity."

I find that amazing. I was thrown off immediately for less than what you have posted.

I find that amazing. I was thrown off immediately for less than you have done.

LOL. Probably caught Earle in a foul mood. I stay as deferential as I can. They tolerate me. What was your handle?

LOL. Probably caught Earle in a foul mood. I stay as deferential as I can. They tolerate me. What was your handle?

Same as here. (Maybe that's why I didn't last. ;D ) It was a while back.

I've never been over there before (and wouldn't even consider joining), but y'all got me curious. I found a thread on the last time they re-hired CLT (back from UTk). It's pretty interesting to see their reactions to CLT returning after what many of them perceived as a 'traitorous' move to UTk (to work with Kiffin, no less).

There's also an old Scarbinsky article I read that contained some choice quotes from CLT about Kiffin. Suffice it to say that I suspect it didn't sit too well with CLT when Saban hired Kiffin.

As far as I can tell, despite lingering resentment toward CLT, the consensus seems to be that he was an ace recruiter and a good (or at least adequate) on-field coach.

Same as here. (Maybe that's why I didn't last. ;D ) It was a while back.

You made it to 1 post!? :roflol:

I've never been over there before (and wouldn't even consider joining), but y'all got me curious. I found a thread on the last time they re-hired CLT (back from UTk). It's pretty interesting to see their reactions to CLT returning after what many of them perceived as a 'traitorous' move to UTk (to work with Kiffin, no less).

There's also an old Scarbinsky article I read that contained some choice quotes from CLT about Kiffin. Suffice it to say that I suspect it didn't sit too well with CLT when Saban hired Kiffin.

As far as I can tell, despite lingering resentment toward CLT, the consensus seems to be that he was an ace recruiter and a good (or at least adequate) on-field coach.

They've had a solid LB corp ever since he's been there. Some years were exceptional but they had exceptional talent there those particular years. They were always good, if not great.

Thank you for linking the article.

Archived