Upgrades to Athletics Complex Auditorium

RunInRed

Looks awesome! Now about that carpet... :dead:/> :puke:/>

One would think we would have better looking carpet than a Hampton Inn room!

Fun fact about this room: about twelve years ago, I went to a football camp for kids that AU had. Good times were had by all and Tuberville was actually pretty involved as I recall. Anyway, we ended up having a big party in the auditorium and watching the film 'Stuck on You' on the big screen. Strange to remember.

I worked for the largest custom rug/carpet company in the US. We tried to get them to let us redo their interior carpets and locker rooms. We made samples that are sitting in Gus' office. Besides the one that didn't make it up there and is now in my bed room. Oh well my work is in the Turds stadium and Texas A&Ms bball locker room among others. My coworker did the big Hail State rug that's in Moo States stadium

I worked for the largest custom rug/carpet company in the US. We tried to get them to let us redo their interior carpets and locker rooms. We made samples that are sitting in Gus' office. Besides the one that didn't make it up there and is now in my bed room. Oh well my work is in the Turds stadium and Texas A&Ms bball locker room among others. My coworker did the big Hail State rug that's in Moo States stadium

That's great stuff!! I created all of the color matches for "The Zone" at Bryant Denny as well as the stain match for Saban's office renovations. The main stain color in "The Zone" is a mahogany color that I just had to use orange and blue colorant in. It was a little finger I could give Bama in my own way. Had just gotten on board with AU's facilities dept before I left the company.

That's great stuff!! I created all of the color matches for "The Zone" at Bryant Denny as well as the stain match for Saban's office renovations. The main stain color in "The Zone" is a mahogany color that I just had to use orange and blue colorant in. It was a little finger I could give Bama in my own way. Had just gotten on board with AU's facilities dept before I left the company.

2 great posts. It's always kind of neat to see how people here are involved in stuff like that. The orange and blue colorant is awesome. Nice little gig. . .

War Eagle!

Thanks. My wife graduated from Bama. She knew that me being an AU alum being able to do that kind of work for Turd U, that I would find a way to incorporate something "Auburn" in it. I still laugh about it to this day. I will say that Saban's desk is quite beautiful.

Hey my friends..... The carpet is not that bad at all. I would imagine it is a very good grade of Berber carpet with comfortable heavy padding underneath. I challenge anyone on campus to go and do a walk through the room and report back with your honest assessment of the carpet.

Just hit my 2800 post and counting. I want to hit 4000 by the start of the 2015 season.

Thanks. My wife graduated from Bama. She knew that me being an AU alum being able to do that kind of work for Turd U, that I would find a way to incorporate something "Auburn" in it. I still laugh about it to this day. I will say that Saban's desk is quite beautiful.

His office in general is probably the nicest I've seen and it isn't close.

with an ego that big, I don't doubt it.

$aban's ego is bigger then he is.

Wish I could still find the video of him getting laid out while playing high school football.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere. Might have to do a little digging.

From what I was told his complete office renovation cost upwards of $1mil. Crazy to think that, however info came from a facilities worker who would know. It blew my mind.

Archived