2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

Keep doing more of the same, Florida.

Likely will not help with Ivey. He does not care who is coaching at Florida.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But when he shows for his visit to UF & the stadium is 50% filled with fans, then hopefully that will have an impact.

But when he shows for his visit to UF & the stadium is 50% filled with fans, then hopefully that will have an impact.

Any HC change would probably bring in a new position coach. That may be a factor as well.

He already took his OV to Florida for the LSU game. He gave the visit a 10 out of 10.

Any HC change would probably bring in a new position coach. That may be a factor as well.

Possibly but he's never mention his relationship with the UF coach as a big factor. At this point, Muschamp will be gone as I predict them to now miss a bowl appearance again. Flotida is a top 5 job in the country. Our best hope is that Foley somehow hires somebody underwhelming. Hiring guys like Freeze or Mullen would likely galvinize and revitalize this recruiting class for Florida. Foley and Mullen don't get along so hopefully that remains a sticking point that keeps Foley from hiring Mullen. As for Freeze, he is from Mississippi and may want to stay home. With that said, if he was to go to Florida and ultimately means we would not gfet Ivey than I would rather that happen. Freeze is one of the best coaches in the nation. I would rather only have to face him once every 6 years if it means losing a recruit than him stay at Ole Miss having to play him every year even if it means we get the recruit. Yes I know that is probably a very unpopular opinion.

Possibly but he's never mention his relationship with the UF coach as a big factor. At this point, Muschamp will be gone as I predict them to now miss a bowl appearance again. Flotida is a top 5 job in the country. Our best hope is that Foley somehow hires somebody underwhelming. Hiring guys like Freeze or Mullen would likely galvinize and revitalize this recruiting class for Florida. Foley and Mullen don't get along so hopefully that remains a sticking point that keeps Foley from hiring Mullen. As for Freeze, he is from Mississippi and may want to stay home. With that said, if he was to go to Florida and ultimately means we would not gfet Ivey than I would rather that happen. Freeze is one of the best coaches in the nation. I would rather only have to face him once every 6 years if it means losing a recruit than him stay at Ole Miss having to play him every year even if it means we get the recruit. Yes I know that is probably a very unpopular opinion.

Sounds logical!

I'd rather deal with Freeze annually at Ole Miss than (hopefully) meet him frequestly in the SEC championship game. UF has the setup and resources to make life difficult if the "wrong" coach gets there. Spurrier and Myer proved that.

I'd rather deal with Freeze annually at Ole Miss than (hopefully) meet him frequestly in the SEC championship game. UF has the setup and resources to make life difficult if the "wrong" coach gets there. Spurrier and Myer proved that.

No offense, but this is completely illogical.

I'm not commenting on whether or not I want to face Freeze, but we know we face Ole Miss annually. There is no given that either us or Florida make the SEC championship in any given year, much less that we'd both make it the same year.

I'm not commenting on whether or not I want to face Freeze, but we know we face Ole Miss annually. There is no given that either us or Florida make the SEC championship in any given year, much less that we'd both make it the same year.

It's not illogical. Our pathway to Championships (of the national variety) year in and year out will be through winning the SEC. That becomes much easier in a world where as many of the other traditional powers (i.e. Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and maybe aTm) are "down" at the moment as possible. If we are doing things the way we are supposed to, those should be the only programs built to compete with us annually. The next tier programs: MSST, Ole Miss, Arkansas, South Carolina, and MIZZOU will will have random years where everything clicks. But those will be few and far between. Mullen and Freeze have both likely hit the ceilings for their current programs, and I still don't expect them to e a threat except maybe once every 6 years or so.

Well Tez is being very quiet for now. I know he was impressed that Gus came down

Glad he was impressed. Golf, we expect you to deliver this one to us.

Freeze at Florida will be a much more dangerous animal than Freeze at OM. At OM he's beatable, at UF, maybe not and you can bet if he gets to Florida we'll be having to go through them to win the SEC.

Freeze at Florida will be a much more dangerous animal than Freeze at OM. At OM he's beatable, at UF, maybe not and you can bet if he gets to Florida we'll be having to go through them to win the SEC.

As bad as the East is right now, assuming that UF would be a shoe-in for Atlanta every year if Freeze was there would be a mistake. UGA's current recruiting class is looking like a monster, Mark Richt always fields a really good team, Mizzoo is 2 years removed from an SECCG appearance and UF still has to play LSU every season. UT still has resources and USC at least has had a taste of the big time. Even UK is getting less beatable.

Meanwhile, Freeze is "beatable" at Ole Miss, but Saban is "beatable" at Alabama, Mullen is "beatable" at MSU, Les is "beatable" at LSU, Sumlin is "beatable" at A&M, etc.. Doesn't mean we should assume a W in any given season as long as Freeze is there.

He is much more dangerous on a national scale and to win the SEC at Florida yes, but to the 6 SEC West teams that only have to play him 1 every 6 years no. They have to play him every year at Ole Miss. That is a definite. While it is probable that Florida would come out of the East most years if Freeze were at Florida it is not a definite. Logic dictates in that situation the choice would be take the probable option of seeing him in the SECCG and seeing him definitely 1 in 6 years over the definite option of facing him every year in the same division. Even though Ole Miss does not have the resources Florida does, if Freese stays at Ole Miss he can make Ole Miss a damn dangerous threat year in and year out given what he has already done on the recruiting trail and where he has taken the Rebs on the field from beginning to now.

He is much more dangerous on a national scale and to win the SEC at Florida yes, but to the 6 SEC West teams that only have to play him 1 every 6 years no. They have to play him every year at Ole Miss. That is a definite. While it is probable that Florida would come out of the East most years if Freeze were at Florida it is not a definite. Logic dictates in that situation the choice would be take the probable option of seeing him in the SECCG and seeing him definitely 1 in 6 years over the definite option of facing him every year in the same division. Even though Ole Miss does not have the resources Florida does, if Freese stays at Ole Miss he can make Ole Miss a damn dangerous threat year in and year out given what he has already done on the recruiting trail and where he has taken the Rebs on the field from beginning to now.

I think if Freeze went to FL, his offense would really benefit form the speed and skill position skill he could recruit from the state of FL. While on this discussion of Freeze, I imagine Gus would be lethal at FL too.

Back to Mr. Tez please

I'm holding you personally responsible for delivering him.

Well there you go and just jink it. Crap it was all set and now I got to start over with Tez.

Back to Mr. Tez please

Well there you go and just jink it. Crap it was all set and now I got to start over with Tez.

I'm just glad you're up to the job. ;)

Back to Mr. Tez please

Would you please tell my wife that...............she's a Hatfield from WV

Just be aware that until Ivey commits coach speculation will continue to derail this thread at various times as most coaching changes do affect recruits.

Back to Mr. Tez please

Would you please tell my wife that...............she's a Hatfield from WV

As long as you're not a McCoy, I don't see the problem.

:dunno:

I'm anxious to see what happens after Tez's official visit to Auburn.

Archived