2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still OK with CC working on him. Tez will not give you any indication one way or the other. Apopka has already lost 2 games this year they are in panic mode to make the playoffs

Any news on Ivey?

He is going to FL this weekend.

Which really is not news but thanks for the reminder JFD.

Ivey is OVing there for the LSU game and wants to OV AU for the SCe game but may wait til the TAMU game.

Any news on Ivey?

This helps us imho. FL vs LSU is going to be the ugliest game in the SEC since FL vs UT, and Ivey will get to watch first hand as the fans boo driskel and Muschamp

Any news on Ivey?

This helps us imho. FL vs LSU is going to be the ugliest game in the SEC since FL vs UT, and Ivey will get to watch first hand as the fans boo driskel and Muschamp

If they yank the redshirt on the next kid and beat LSU- both distinctly possible- then it might not be as bad a scene as originally thought. That said, I'll be pulling for LSU- or, more appropriately, against UF- for many reasons.

Any news on Ivey?

Not sure about that. Ivey is on record saying he does not care if Florida has a coaching change and that if he chooses them it will be for the school itself. Time will tell but we'll see.

Any news on Ivey?

If they yank the redshirt on the next kid and beat LSU- both distinctly possible- then it might not be as bad a scene as originally thought. That said, I'll be pulling for LSU- or, more appropriately, against UF- for many reasons.

What next kid? Harris is suspended. not sure who would be next up after that?

Yeah, if they fire Muschamp and hire an Offensive minded HC like Mullins, which I expect they would after the past few years, that may work against us.

Any news on Ivey?

I believe Will Grier would be next in line.

http://247sports.com/Player/Will-Grier-15901

Either way, there's always a next kid. Situations like this are why teams need quality depth at QB, just like any other position. So grateful for our staff's recruiting and development at that position.

Any news on Ivey?

Currently red-shirted freshman Will Grier. I doubt they go to him this week because he had been dealing with some injury issues that have kept him from practicing or doing much of anything so far this season. But if Treon's suspension lasts a while, he could be an option for them.

Any news on Ivey?

Currently red-shirted freshman Will Grier. I doubt they go to him this week because he had been dealing with some injury issues that have kept him from practicing or doing much of anything so far this season. But if Treon's suspension lasts a while, he could be an option for them.

Will Grier is very talented to. i remember him from last years Elite 11 competition that tour own Sean White won. Grier definitely has potential.

I forgot about Grier. Thanks! I think he wont get it burned

I don't know, he might. I mean, ideally they wouldn't burn it of course. But Driskel has been a dumpster fire for them (and is injury prone), Harris may or may not ever rejoin the team, and other backup sophomore Skyler Morningweg just got sent to the hospital after getting into a fistfight with a teammate.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11659055/skyler-mornhinweg-gerald-willis-iii-florida-gators-fight-prompting-police-call

They may just need warm bodies at this point, haha.

I also think that fair or not, all of this starts to look like "lack of institutional control" on UF's part. Whether heads role because of it or not, I have to think it doesn't bode well for the Gators in terms of landing guys like Ivy and Holland (Holland more so if heads do end up rolling).

I hope Ivey chooses us. He seems to be a great kid. He is mature and I know he would love AU.

i really hope we get MI, but it is hard to get away from the favorite from childhood. UF is a dumpster fire of a program right now. AU is the class of the league. Seems like an obvious choice, but childhood favorite is a strong pull. UF will probably fire CWM after this year. I dont think that will matter to MI.

I think we'll pull him away. When he takes his OV for SCAR, and he experiences game day with his best friend, it should really make him think about going to UF. Gus will do everything he can for Tez. Hoping it's enough because Ivey is one of the best OL recruits I've ever seen.

I think we'll pull him away. When he takes his OV for SCAR, and he experiences game day with his best friend, it should really make him think about going to UF. Gus will do everything he can for Tez. Hoping it's enough because Ivey is one of the best OL recruits I've ever seen.

He's coming for the TAMU game not the S Car game. He will not be with Cox. Gus and co have already basically thrown everything including the metaphoric kitchen sink to get Ivey. They were surprised he did not commit after the 4 day visit to AU in July.

He's coming for the TAMU game not the S Car game. He will not be with Cox. Gus and co have already basically thrown everything including the metaphoric kitchen sink to get Ivey. They were surprised he did not commit after the 4 day visit to AU in July.

Whoops. Disregard everything I said.

It is crazy how important the Oline is for any offense to have success. Tez will only be a 3 year player IMO because he will be off to the NFL. Great kid...I hope he comes to AU.

We'll have to see how this one plays out, but I wish that Tez would have taken his official to UF this weekend when the Florida fans we're booing the players at halftime and chanting for Muschamp to be fired in the 2nd half. The LSU game would have also been the perfect game for him to visit Auburn, but hopefully we'll have another great atmosphere for the A&M game.

Archived