2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cox is already a monster. Imagine what he will l like in 3 years. Wow!

Jay Prosch (plus some extra receiving skills) in the making!

#Auburn commit Chandler Cox (@chandlercox10) and top target #Rivals100 OL Martez Ivey (@tezivey) after their visit.

@Allie_Davison

BtvB0UyCQAAezO0.jpg

HE HAS ON AN AUBURN SHIRT!!!! ITS ALL OVER!!! =)

247 has an article today that suggests that AU and FL are even for Ivey after his 4 day trip to AU. It is premium but that was the title. I hope this is not true. Someone quoted Smurthy who said Ivey's visit was perfect. So,someone is wrong here, either 247 and their interview or Smurthy.

#Auburn commit Chandler Cox (@chandlercox10) and top target #Rivals100 OL Martez Ivey (@tezivey) after their visit.

@Allie_Davison

BtvB0UyCQAAezO0.jpg

HE HAS ON AN AUBURN SHIRT!!!! ITS ALL OVER!!! =)

247 has an article today that suggests that AU and FL are even for Ivey after his 4 day trip to AU. It is premium but that was the title. I hope this is not true. Someone quota Smurthy who said Ivey's visit was perfect. So,some is wrong here, either 247 and their interview or Smurthy.

Well dang, I thought we had a slight lead if not already even.

Everything has been kept quite.........no tweets no emails. imo I believe its going very well but we shall see. When Tez does commit if it's UF or AU it will be final once again only my opinion

It's an opinion shared by the Apopka HC FWIW. He does not let his players continue the recruiting process or tak visits to schools besides the committed school after a player commits.

Yes Rick runs a pretty tight program

:-\

If you were thinking he would commit today don't despair. He was practically a UF commit prior to his first visit. We are in great shape and IMO, he is also keeping the Gator folk occupied. Otherwise he would be bombarded by them on social media.

Everything has been kept quite.........no tweets no emails. imo I believe its going very well but we shall see. When Tez does commit if it's UF or AU it will be final once again only my opinion

It's an opinion shared by the Apopka HC FWIW. He does not let his players continue the recruiting process or tak visits to schools besides the committed school after a player commits.

Yes Rick runs a pretty tight program

:-\

:uf: :uf:

This one will go back and forth and down to the wire on NSD. I believe we had 3 NSD decisions this past Feb. Signed 2 out of 3. Hope we do that well next Feb.

Guest jojo1515

pretty sure a hs coach could never enforce a rule like that. If a kid changes his mind, the HS coach can't force him to go to said school. Also, a coach has no control on whether a kid can visit a school or not. I am not saying he doesn't have the rule, but is not enforceable and probably, if enforced in any way, would open the high school up to a lawsuit.

If you were thinking he would commit today don't despair. He was practically a UF commit prior to his first visit. We are in great shape and IMO, he is also keeping the Gator folk occupied. Otherwise he would be bombarded by them on social media.

Best case scenario is UF tanks again this year. I think if there is another lackluster year, even something like 7-5, I think Muschamp gets the axe.

This one will go back and forth and down to the wire on NSD. I believe we had 3 NSD decisions this past Feb. Signed 2 out of 3. Hope we do that well next Feb.

I do not agree here. IMO we are leading and like Dixie said, Ivey is being careful not to tee off the Gator faithful. I bet he comes to AU.

Im fine with not having any NSD decisions. Get'em early and have a drama free Feb.

I have a good friend who went to UF and loves UF football, no scoop but in his opinion they lose recruits to AU this year. He told me if his way, he actually hopes UF tanks just to get rid of Muschamp this year. He's been hinting at this for two years...this is how bad they think of him. Apparently his animated style is a huge turn off, big time.

Anyway, Ivey is a stud and he see's an opportunity, I think this past weekend was huge and we sway him to the good guys. With a little help.

WDE

Would love to have him along with a few defensive line players too….

pretty sure a hs coach could never enforce a rule like that. If a kid changes his mind, the HS coach can't force him to go to said school. Also, a coach has no control on whether a kid can visit a school or not. I am not saying he doesn't have the rule, but is not enforceable and probably, if enforced in any way, would open the high school up to a lawsuit.

Never said nor implied the kid could not change his mind. Just said the process of visits and calls are over after an Apopka player commits to a school. All calls through Apopka go through the HC. And it damn sure is enforcable on both ends. Not sure if the HC would make an example out of Ivey but with a lower caliber recruit he could take away PT or kick the kid off the team and let him be free to play at another school. On the college side the HC can ban a college from visiting the high school for future prospects if they break his no communication with a recruit rule after the kid is committed. I have seen a number of schools or coaches banned from high school campuses over the years for different things. So if a College wants to cross the Apopka coach he can damn sure do something about it.

Never said nor implied the kid could not change his mind. Just said the process of visits and calls are over after an Apopka player commits to a school. All calls through Apopka go through the HC. And it damn sure is enforcable on both ends. Not sure if the HC would make an example out of Ivey but with a lower caliber recruit he could take away PT or kick the kid off the team and let him be free to play at another school. On the college side the HC can ban a college from visiting the high school for future prospects if they break his no communication with a recruit rule after the kid is committed. I have seen a number of schools or coaches banned from high school campuses over the years for different things. So if a College wants to cross the Apopka coach he can damn sure do something about it.

E is right about this. When Ivey commits thats it. Going to be interesting to see what kind of start UF has this year.

Best case scenario is UF tanks again this year. I think if there is another lackluster year, even something like 7-5, I think Muschamp gets the axe.

The tanking scenario would be worse in this case if Will is then fired. New staffscan have an initial rallying efect on the first class in state kids, especially at a school like Florida who can pretty much get any coach they want.

The tanking scenario would be worse in this case if Will is then fired. New staffscan have an initial rallying efect on the first class in state kids, especially at a school like Florida who can pretty much get any coach they want.

I would rather Ivey just decide soon he wants to commit to AU and get all this over with.

Main thing Martez has to ask himself is if UF has another less than stellar year then Muschamp is definitely gone. Gus is here to stay so to me it would be a no brainer to come to AU where we just had the #1 OL get drafted this past season.

Guest jojo1515

[quote name=jojo1515' t

imestamp='1406678736' post='2076655]

A good example of attempting to enforce these kinds of rules.

http://articles.chic...es-mail-college

Edit: Not saying you are wrong E, just that this type of policy, while having good Intentions, is idiotic and open to legal repercussions should a kid be benched for taking a visit after committing and in return having scholly chances decrease.

Main thing Martez has to ask himself is if UF has another less than stellar year then Muschamp is definitely gone. Gus is here to stay so to me it would be a no brainer to come to AU where we just had the #1 OL get drafted this past season.

The right thing for Recruits to do is to commit to schools and not coaches. Coaches come and go. It is impossible to determine if we can keep our staff intact year after year. That just does not happen if your school is successful. Sometimes because they find another job they want to take for whatever reason. It would be best if Tez fell in love with AU and wanted to be an AU man.

Archived