2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Ellitor, do you think AU was ever his school of choice or was it always FL regardless of the CB picks, etc.?

Yes and still do. Did you not read my post on the previous page where the staff feels we land him? Things may have changed but at last report also the Gator staff felt AU was the team to beat.

If our staff feels confident and the UF staff is worried we lead, why are we so concerned?

Seriously?

Spazzing out is tradition this close to signing day.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose this is a dumb question, but what does "CB" mean used in the recruiting context?

Crystal ball. Experts' predictions based on educated informative guess on most part.

UF just accepted a commitment from unranked 3-star DE prospect, Luke Ancrum. Granted this could just be them looking to fill the class with warm bodies. But taking two DE commitments in the last week certainly can't be bad news.

UF just accepted a commitment from unranked 3-star DE prospect, Luke Ancrum. Granted this could just be them looking to fill the class with warm bodies. But taking two DE commitments in the last week certainly can't be bad news.

Shhhhhh! Some of us are trying to watch the melt.

I suppose this is a dumb question, but what does "CB" mean used in the recruiting context?

Crystal ball. Experts' predictions based on educated informative guess on most part.

Well I'm glad I asked. :-\ ;D

Thanks

I briefly melted down last year, and I totally refuse to do it this year. Embarrassing! What we all need to make sure of is that we don't badmouth any of these kids for their decisions. It is their decision and their life and if they don't want to spend it at AU, then we should all feel sorry for them. haha That last part was a joke. We should wish them well in their future endeavors. Kids that want to be at Auburn and can picture their success there are the ones we want. :jossun:

Don't read anything into this commitment. They are up to, what, 12 commits now? They still have plenty of room for more.

Don't read anything into this commitment. They are up to, what, 12 commits now? They still have plenty of room for more.

^^this. They are so far behind in relationships they rely have no other choice but to take any viable commitment. It really doesn't matter though, they could take 5 OT and 5 DE and still make room for Ivey and Cowart. None of that really affects the decision of those 2 though.

On 1/29, Rivals experts (1 national, 7 regional) made their choices on the remaining uncommitted Rivals Top 100 .

Cowart- 7 Auburn, 1 Florida

Ivey- 3 Auburn, 5 Florida

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1730638

CeCe all ole miss huh. And ryan davis AU and UF.?

On 1/29, Rivals experts (1 national, 7 regional) made their choices on the remaining uncommitted Rivals Top 100 .

If there was anything to the FSU info, it's important to note these predictions were published Thursday 1/29, prior to that info on Saturday.

This is an interesting take on who goes where. The biggest miss for these gurus will be Ce&Ce Jefferson. He will shock the OM faithful into a bad case of dysentery when he pulls out an Auburn hat and firmly plants it on his head while cameras are rolling. You heard it here first from the Doc.

https://footballrecr...asp?CID=1730638

This is an interesting take on who goes where. The biggest miss for these gurus will be Ce&Ce Jefferson. He will shock the OM faithful into a bad case of dysentery when he pulls out an Auburn hat and firmly plants it on his head while cameras are rolling. You heard it here first from the Doc.

Doc, you the man

Appreciate your optimism....but can't say I agree with you...of

Course I don't know jack :D

The latest on Byron is both AU and UF staffs are now confident. Most recent note though is from someone close to Byron and says he will pick Florida. TIFWIW.

The one thing that gives me hope is as of now there are no reports of us looking to offer a DE. Knowing we need 2 DEs in this class I would think the staff offers a replacement DE.

If we get to the point where the AU staff starts losing confidence then I'm outta here. I can't handle the epic melt that would be sure to come.

I still think we get Cowart I think we heard all the right things for to long. I don't think UF came in at the last minute and got him. UF can't give him all the things he said he wanted in a program. If both staffs feel good about him I trust ours more.

The latest on Byron is both AU and UF staffs are now confident. Most recent note though is from someone close to Byron and says he will pick Florida. TIFWIW.

The one thing that gives me hope is as of now there are no reports of us looking to offer a DE. Knowing we need 2 DEs in this class I would think the staff offers a replacement DE.

If we get to the point where the AU staff starts losing confidence then I'm outta here. I can't handle the epic melt that would be sure to come.

Go to your safe place and let the storm pass. Your an old pro now!

I think Cowart is creating some drama before NSD...Holland is doing the same thing. Cowart has an awesome relationship with Muschamp and barely even knows the new Florida staff. He knows what kind of defense he will be getting with Muschamp and Florida is a bit of a question mark right now. The "home-state" school allegiance doesn't fly either, Cowart has said multiple times he didn't even grow up in Florida and feels no sentimental tug to the school. JMO, but I think he has been firmly AU ever since the visit.

Archived