2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest on Byron is both AU and UF staffs are now confident. Most recent note though is from someone close to Byron and says he will pick Florida. TIFWIW.

The one thing that gives me hope is as of now there are no reports of us looking to offer a DE. Knowing we need 2 DEs in this class I would think the staff offers a replacement DE.

If we get to the point where the AU staff starts losing confidence then I'm outta here. I can't handle the epic melt that would be sure to come.

Oh, it would be "rashaan evans style" i'm sure. that was a ton of fun.

I think more than anything the best recruiter for Cowart to come to Auburn has been a now former Florida player. Dante Fowler Jr. told Cowart that everything Muschamp had ever told him came true. Cowart has mentioned that a few times and he is now a firm believer in Muschamp. I hope this is enough. We will know in about 48 hours.

I think more than anything the best recruiter for Cowart to come to Auburn has been a now former Florida player. Dante Fowler Jr. told Cowart that everything Muschamp had ever told him came true. Cowart has mentioned that a few times and he is now a firm believer in Muschamp. I hope this is enough. We will know in about 48 hours.

^^THIS^^ is what I hung my hopes on...

Whatever happens good luck to Mr Cowart, I would love to see him at my beloved Auburn University because he appears to be an excellent young man. But, having gone through very serious situations in my life there will be no meltdown here if he goes with the Gators, after all this is a game and should be fun, unfortunately its turned in to a win at all cost pressure cooker.

I swear you guys are just like Cowart! One day I'm on reading and it's Cowart is going to Florida. The next day it's Cowart is going to Auburn. I sort of feel the same emotional tension as an Auburn Football game. I can not wait for Wednesday.

You know, I don't anticipate there being much of a meltdown here like in the past if he chooses Florida. His recruitment has lacked the drama of some guys we missed on in the past. Maybe I'm naive though. Either way, I think we are all going to be pretty darn pleased with our class come Wednesday night.

I agree and I think the coaches have done a great job selling au. They have made it interesting going down the home stretch. Just check out how many times cowart uov uf compared to other schools.

I agree and I think the coaches have done a great job selling au. They have made it interesting going down the home stretch. Just check out how many times cowart uov uf compared to other schools.

He's closer to UF than the other schools. Like, way closer.

Isn't his mom moving? Only reason they moved to Florida was for Cowart to play big time high school football. So I'm told.

Isn't his mom moving? Only reason they moved to Florida was for Cowart to play big time high school football. So I'm told.

I remember reading somewhere that his mom really likes Auburn and would like to move that way.

I think he said he was original from GA if I'm not mistaken

I remember reading somewhere that his mom really likes Auburn and would like to move that way.

I read that too. I really don't think the distance between Auburn and UF from his home will be a deal breaker at all. One good thing for us is that Holland came unofficially this past weekend. I think that's a really good sign. And I do think him and Cowart will play together.

I think he said he was original from GA if I'm not mistaken

Maybe. I dunno. I just see "Seffner, FL" next to his profile. That's about as deep as I care to get into any recruit's personal life, lol.

And Muschamp and Trob themselves as well. He will have an outstanding career wherever he goes which I believe will be AU, and as so many have said before, he has done the recruiting process very respectfully.

You know, I don't anticipate there being much of a meltdown here like in the past if he chooses Florida. His recruitment has lacked the drama of some guys we missed on in the past. Maybe I'm naive though. Either way, I think we are all going to be pretty darn pleased with our class come Wednesday night.

Well you are correct - our class will be very good no matter what, but make no mistake - the coaches (and fans) will be very disappointed if we do not land Cowart. Very disappointed. I think you will see a pretty good melt if he chooses UF - not like when the guys flipped to alabama in the past, but a good melt none the less. Our future DE rotation depends on him specifically, and as you can see from this past year - we need a pass rusher badly. Without him (and Prince) we will have missed on our biggest position of need other than corner.

That being said I am just going to remain optimistic as I still hold out hope that he chooses the Tigers.

We don't know how our young guys will play at DE. Kennion, Thornton and Williams may turn out to be good players. Also, President may improve so while Cowart is a special talent and he would almost certainly be in the rotation, I think DT is a far greater position of need.

We don't know how our young guys will play at DE. Kennion, Thornton and Williams may turn out to be good players. Also, President may improve so while Cowart is a special talent and he would almost certainly be in the rotation, I think DT is a far greater position of need.

Andrew Williams will be an inside guy, along with Monty, Elijah, Russell, and Lawrence. We have depth at the position.

Archived