2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Wow. I relay information that I saw on another site, and someone assumes I am a troll, and I have someone else who suggests not listening to anyone with less than 1000 post count.

It was first the FSU guy who changed his CB to Florida, then it was Shannon Terry

then others followed. There is no link for this stuff, you can look it up yourself.

Good god people this site does have a reputation for sunshine pumping, and now I see why.

Call me a troll because I dont post a link to Twitter blowing up? And Doc, I just came here to read and not post for the longest. While I understand your premise behind a minimum of posts, seems to me that what one posts should mean more than how much one posts. I mean, sure I could start making a bunch of one and two word posts just to up my post count...

Guys, I never said he wasn't going to sign with us, I never said he was going to sign with UF. What I said is that SOMETHING happened in the previous 12 hours, and it had. Cowart had talked to a FSU writer. I just was relaying info I saw somewhere else.

Back to Cowart, I REALLY hope he signs with us. We really need him, and he could compete for PT early, as well as being in competition for championships with us. I doubt he ever sees a SEC Championship game at UF.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I relay information that I saw on another site, and someone assumes I am a troll, and I have someone else who suggests not listening to anyone with less than 1000 post count.

It was first the FSU guy who changed his CB to Florida, then it was Shannon Terry

then others followed. There is no link for this stuff, you can look it up yourself.

Good god people this site does have a reputation for sunshine pumping, and now I see why.

Call me a troll because I dont post a link to Twitter blowing up? And Doc, I just came here to read and not post for the longest. While I understand your premise behind a minimum of posts, seems to me that what one posts should mean more than how much one posts. I mean, sure I could start making a bunch of one and two word posts just to up my post count...

Guys, I never said he wasn't going to sign with us, I never said he was going to sign with UF. What I said is that SOMETHING happened in the previous 12 hours, and it had. Cowart had talked to a FSU writer. I just was relaying info I saw somewhere else.

Back to Cowart, I REALLY hope he signs with us. We really need him, and he could compete for PT early, as well as being in competition for championships with us. I doubt he ever sees a SEC Championship game at UF.

I don't think you did anything wrong. I don't think you're a troll, either. I also think anyone who said you were is mistaken. And I couldn't agree more that what you post should count more than how many posts you happen to have.

Also totally agree that we need Cowart to sign with the good guys!

War Eagle!

Much like when we offered Markell Boston last year. That is when I thought we would lose Rashaan Evans and look what happened, so don't hop on the "Cowart to FL" bandwagon just yet.

Boston had 0 to do with Evans. He was a take on his own and we had space.

Can someone please tell me what has happened the last 48hrs for this tread to escalate as quickly as it has?

An FSU recruiting site writer switched his CB from FSU to UF after Cowart decided not to visit FSU. He made it sound as if Cowart's camp had given him reason to believe Cowart would not sign with Auburn.

Then, the gathering at the edge of the cliff began to grow.

If his previous CB was FSU , how credible is he?

My thoughts exactly.

Definitely think he could be a factor next fall in our rotation, at a minimum (more if Lambert is still recovering). I'm of the opinion that no single recruit ever makes or breaks a signing class or program. History sides with that view because you just never know who is going to be the game changer. Not many predicted Sen'Derrick Marks would be the best player in the 2005 class (over Tray Blackmon or Gabe McKenzie). In 2011, Christian Westerman looked a lot more important than Tre Mason and Greg Robinson, but we all know how that turned out.

So Cowart isn't going to make or break this class, but he is a potential impact player at a position of need.

As for the championships thing, we're definitely closer than UF, but the East kinda sucks. It wouldn't shock me to see UF in Atlanta next year.

Why should we care what a FSU recruiting site writer says or CBs on Cowart? Does this person have magical sources that no one else has?

He was talking to Cowart because Cowart thought about visiting FSU Saturday. Even though he didn' does not matter. Newberg changed his pick either based on talks with Cowart or with a close family member. I'm not saying Byron will choose UF but don't crap on the FSU guy. He has a reason for his pick and to this point was the last known reporter to talk to Byron or someone in his family..

I'm still saying AU but the info the FSU mod got could be real. Time will tell.

Well, crap on the FSU guy, but don't do it just because he's doing his job. Crap on him because he's associated (loosely) with FSU. Screw all things FSU.

Dont worrry about the "troll" thing dude, that's the default, go to generic response for something folks don't want to hear or believe. The real trolls are obvious to all and usually handled quite well.

Why should we care what a FSU recruiting site writer says or CBs on Cowart? Does this person have magical sources that no one else has?

He was talking to Cowart because Cowart thought about visiting FSU Saturday. Even though he didn' does not matter. Newberg changed his pick either based on talks with Cowart or with a close family member. I'm not saying Byron will choose UF but don't crap on the FSU guy. He has a reason for his pick.

Did he have a solid reason for CBing him to FSU in the first place?

Well, crap on the FSU guy, but don't do it just because he's doing his job. Crap on him because he's associated (loosely) with FSU. Screw all things FSU.

Fair point.

He was talking to Cowart because Cowart thought about visiting FSU Saturday. Even though he didn' does not matter. Newberg changed his pick either based on talks with Cowart or with a close family member. I'm not saying Byron will choose UF but don't crap on the FSU guy. He has a reason for his pick.

Did he have a solid reason for CBing him to FSU in the first place?

A number of people CB'ed Byron to FSU given the fall at UF this year. And FSU was a major player through December.

Dont worrry about the "troll" thing dude, that's the default, go to generic response for something folks don't want to hear or believe. The real trolls are obvious to all and usually handled quite well.

Indeed. I actually find it amusing that AU Family has a 'bad' reputation for sunshine pumping. A20, don't fall into that trap, even if it will score you points on other AU boards. Lots of refugees filled with resentment for various reasons out there.

War Eagle!

I don't think you did anything wrong. I don't think you're a troll, either. I also think anyone who said you were is mistaken. And I couldn't agree more that what you post should count more than how many posts you happen to have.

War Eagle!

Thanks Britt. Wednesday cant get here fast enough, LoL

War Eagle!

Thanks Britt. Wednesday cant get here fast enough, LoL

No worries! I know not living in Auburn country can be rough. I can imagine living in Eugene would make things even rougher for a true Auburn fan. Speaking for myself, it helps to have an online connection to other Auburn folks. It can get trying, however -- especially this time of year!

Indeed. I actually find it amusing that AU Family has a 'bad' reputation for sunshine pumping. A20, don't fall into that trap, even if it will score you points on other AU boards. Lots of refugees filled with resentment for various reasons out there.

War Eagle!

I think the sunshine pumping reputation for this board had a lot to do with the AE (that site was clearly a sunshine pumping mess) merger. Sunshine pumping is a good thing though and is needed to counter balance the 100% gloom and doomers. The problems start when you have folks like yourself that post a straight forward post that contains not good news and you get jumped on by the sunshine pumpers because you are posting bad news. FWIW, every other AU board is the same way. There will always be a certain segment of a message board population who will attack you for posting things that are not positive, whether it is the truth or not. This board is no better or worse than all of the boards out there in terms of this. You will always have your sunshine pumpers and doom and gloomers. It is far easier to be a sunshine pumper on message boards though.

wde

You didn't know(low post count = stupid,high post count = genius).

Since you guys are still on this topic, there's a difference between posting "Cowart just received several crystal balls to UF on 247. Do these people have actual info or are they just guessing?" and "SOMETHING is going on. Something has changed in the last 12 hours!". It might be a tad unfair, but you get called a troll when you make a fairly alarmist post when you give no inclination of where your information came from.

I leave for 2 days and I come back to this. Lol. I still think we'll pull Byron.

So, all this is YOUR fault. Duly noted.

True. When in doubt -- or even when not -- it's always Clayton's fault.

Since you guys are still on this topic, there's a difference between posting "Cowart just received several crystal balls to UF on 247. Do these people have actual info or are they just guessing?" and "SOMETHING is going on. Something has changed in the last 12 hours!". It might be a tad unfair, but you get called a troll when you make a fairly alarmist post when you give no inclination of where your information came from.

Never mind the other posts almost RIGHT under mine who basically said the same thing. See at the time, I didnt know that the SOMETHING was Cowart talking to a FSU insider. Otherwise I would of said as much. By the time I found out what the SOMETHING was, it was already on this board that he had talked to the FSU insider. And I try not to just regurgitate information to up my post count. But whatever, I'm not here to please anyone. I am here because I love MY university. I just tried to relay information. If you dont like my posts, as I understand it there is an ignore feature.

Anyway, I hate that we are trending down for Cowart. While he wont actually make or break this class, I do believe that most (fans anyway) will look at it as an overall bad day if we dont sign him.

I leave for 2 days and I come back to this. Lol. I still think we'll pull Byron.

Nice try but,,,,,,,,,,,NO. It's ALWAYS YOUR Fault.

Never mind the other posts almost RIGHT under mine who basically said the same thing. See at the time, I didnt know that the SOMETHING was Cowart talking to a FSU insider. Otherwise I would of said as much. By the time I found out what the SOMETHING was, it was already on this board that he had talked to the FSU insider. And I try not to just regurgitate information to up my post count. But whatever, I'm not here to please anyone. I am here because I love MY university. I just tried to relay information. If you dont like my posts, as I understand it there is an ignore feature.

Anyway, I hate that we are trending down for Cowart. While he wont actually make or break this class, I do believe that most (fans anyway) will look at it as an overall bad day if we dont sign him.

Go back to TOS, you troll!

:poke:

Nice try but,,,,,,,,,,,NO. It's ALWAYS YOUR Fault.

:laugh::crossed arms:

Has been noted earlier, but just because an FSU writer CB'd him to UF doesn't mean a thing. If his mom wants him close, then by all means let mom have what she wants. I'd rather him be happy playing for UF so he's close to mom, than him being unhappy playing at AU because his mom isn't happy for him. Byron has been nothing but a class act up until this point. Excited to watch him play wherever.

Archived