2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Find it interesting that Deon Cain and Ray Ray McCloud both visited AU this weekend. Both Team Tampa 7on7 guys along with Byron Cowart. Is Byron recruiting for us? Why else would they visit since both are committed to Clemson? LOL at my tea leaf reading skills.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good reading of tea leaves. Good catch on that angle. Maybe BC wanted his friends to visit where he will be going to school.

No link or inside information.

Find it interesting that Deon Cain and Ray Ray McCloud both visited AU this weekend. Both Team Tampa 7on7 guys along with Byron Cowart. Is Byron recruiting for us? Why else would they visit since both are committed to Clemson? LOL at my tea leaf reading skills.

Not a bad observation actually.

Nice observation.

It's a great observation.

I would put more weight on CDC recruiting those guys hard til the end, and we got the visits.

Probably right, just also find it interesting that CDC and CGM spent all day Saturday at Terry Godwin's in-home and Bball game while we had 2, 5-star receivers on campus for "official" visits.

I would put more weight on CDC recruiting those guys hard til the end, and we got the visits.

Probably right, just also find it interesting that CDC and CGM spent all day Saturday at Terry Godwin's in-home and Bball game while we had 2, 5-star receivers on campus for "official" visits.

I bet Gus met with them Sunday before they left

Has been noted earlier, but just because an FSU writer CB'd him to UF doesn't mean a thing. If his mom wants him close, then by all means let mom have what she wants. I'd rather him be happy playing for UF so he's close to mom, than him being unhappy playing at AU because his mom isn't happy for him. Byron has been nothing but a class act up until this point. Excited to watch him play wherever.

Just saying... When I chose a college, my mother encouraged me to go where I most wanted to be... Not trying to dog on anyone and I understand a mother's worry, but should she not be pushing her son to go where he wants to the most?

Has been noted earlier, but just because an FSU writer CB'd him to UF doesn't mean a thing. If his mom wants him close, then by all means let mom have what she wants. I'd rather him be happy playing for UF so he's close to mom, than him being unhappy playing at AU because his mom isn't happy for him. Byron has been nothing but a class act up until this point. Excited to watch him play wherever.

Just saying... When I chose a college, my mother encouraged me to go where I most wanted to be... Not trying to dog on anyone and I understand a mother's worry, but should she not be pushing her son to go where he wants to the most?

The only difference is a lot of parents aren't coming to campus every weekend for home football games and aren't going to all the away games when they say that.

When you don't know what resources a family might working with and you know the family wants to see their kids play, it changes things some

This is the same conversation that we shouldn't have had about Burt. Second hand information from recruiting sites can very quickly turn into Auburn fans questioning how a mother- whom we don't actually know anything about- conducts her family business. That hasn't happened yet in this thread and I'm not suggesting that you are doing such, but I would strongly encourage all not to let the conversation go down that path.

And before anybody lets me know, I'm already well aware of how much weight my strong encouragement carries- or, more appropriately, doesn't carry- around here. :)

This is the same conversation that we shouldn't have had about Burt. Second hand information from recruiting sites can very quickly turn into Auburn fans questioning how a mother- whom we don't actually know anything about- conducts her family business. That hasn't happened yet in this thread and I'm not suggesting that you are doing such, but I would strongly encourage all not to let the conversation go down that path.

And before anybody lets me know, I'm already well aware of how much weight my strong encouragement carries- or, more appropriately, doesn't carry- around here. :)/>

well understood and I agree; just posing a question that could probably be taken as such.

We don't know how our young guys will play at DE. Kennion, Thornton and Williams may turn out to be good players. Also, President may improve so while Cowart is a special talent and he would almost certainly be in the rotation, I think DT is a far greater position of need.

Andrew Williams will be an inside guy, along with Monty, Elijah, Russell, and Lawrence. We have depth at the position.

Williams is listed at 251# and Daniel at 263# on the AU roster so I don't have the confidence you do, primarily for 2016, especially if Adams leaves early.

And before anybody lets me know, I'm already well aware of how much weight my strong encouragement carries- or, more appropriately, doesn't carry- around here. :)/>

well understood and I agree; just posing a question that could probably be taken as such.

:cheers:

Looks like Byron Cowart deactivated his twitter account. Good for him, he was probably getting tired of reading all the messages from the crazy fans.

Looks like Byron Cowart deactivated his twitter account. Good for him, he was probably getting tired of reading all the messages from the crazy fans.

I think he said something about doing that earlier in the year.

We don't know how our young guys will play at DE. Kennion, Thornton and Williams may turn out to be good players. Also, President may improve so while Cowart is a special talent and he would almost certainly be in the rotation, I think DT is a far greater position of need.

Andrew Williams will be an inside guy, along with Monty, Elijah, Russell, and Lawrence. We have depth at the position.

Williams is listed at 251# and Daniel at 263# on the AU roster so I don't have the confidence you do, primarily for 2016, especially if Adams leaves early.

I wouldn't put a lot of thought at what they're listed at. Just relaying what I've heard from people around campus. Andrew Williams definitely doesn't look 251.

Makes complete sense. Once he signs, he will (sadly) get a LOT of negative reaction from one fan base. Probably a lot more negative reaction from the FL fan base since that is closest to his place of abode.

Makes complete sense. Once he signs, he will (sadly) get a LOT of negative reaction from one fan base. Probably a lot more negative reaction from the FL fan base since that is closest to his place of abode.

I'd imagine he'll probably keep it deactivated for awhile after NSD.

I'd imagine he'll probably keep it deactivated for awhile after NSD.

good for him.

Different ways for different guys, I prefer this one

It's been known for awhile that Cowart slacked off a good bit his senior season and played completely different in the UA game. Cowart's high school lost twice in the state championship game and both games Cowart did little to nothing in both games. A lot of coaches that coach top tier DL talent say that they just wish they could get more out of the guys they're coaching.

Archived