2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

His HC is a stand up guy. He says Cowart is a good kid from a good family. Who showed what he had in the All Star game but also did not always give 100% in HS. When you have a good kid with that much talent if he gets around the right people (Our coaches I added that) he can be really good. It is all about work ethic.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His HC is a stand up guy. He says Cowart is a good kid from a good family. Who showed what he had in the All Star game but also did not always give 100% in HS. When you have a good kid with that much talent if he gets around the right people (Our coaches I added that) he can be really good. It is all about work ethic.

Pretty crazy that he can be as highly touted as he is if there are work ethic issues present.

Pretty crazy that he can be as highly touted as he is if there are work ethic issues present.

He's shown what he can do when he wants to. That's why he's rated so high. Boom won't allow any of that to go on.

I was thinking the same thing. Something doesn't add up about that...

Regardless, he is a freak athlete. His favorite player (Dante Fowler JR) has told Cowart everything Muschamp told him would happen came true. He loves Muschamps defense... I dont really see why he would want to play for a DC and DL coach he doesn't have much of a relationship with...

I really hope we get this guy.

I don't recall where I read this, ESPN or it could have even been on this site somewhere but wasn't D. Fowler talking CWM up with Cowart? Don't get me wrong, he wasn't recruiting for AU but it sounded more like what he feels CWM can do for Cowart. Not sure if that will sway his decision come Wed but it is always nice to have a player from a different school helping out (somewhat) in a positive manner.

I don't recall where I read this, ESPN or it could have even been on this site somewhere but wasn't D. Fowler talking CWM up with Cowart? Don't get me wrong, he wasn't recruiting for AU but it sounded more like what he feels CWM can do for Cowart. Not sure if that will sway his decision come Wed but it is always nice to have a player from a different school helping out (somewhat) in a positive manner.

Hence my post directly above yours.

I would put more weight on CDC recruiting those guys hard til the end, and we got the visits.

Probably right, just also find it interesting that CDC and CGM spent all day Saturday at Terry Godwin's in-home and Bball game while we had 2, 5-star receivers on campus for "official" visits.

I bet Gus met with them Sunday before they left

This^^

Holy crap, I've got to get off the graveyard shift. I didn't even see your post A2O.

Is anybody getting a tad worried about Cowart now that CeCe got 3 CB's to UF today, considering they said they'd play together? When it was Ole Miss I really thought nothing about it, but now that there was a trend of CeCe to UF today in the CB's it makes me wonder

Holy crap, I've got to get off the graveyard shift. I didn't even see your post A2O.

No worries my friend. WDE! Hope ya get some sleep.

Back on topic, he wont make or break the class, but he would certainly take some of the weight off of Lawsons shoulders.

If I was Carl Lawson, I would put everything I could into getting Cowart on board. Think about it. All season we heard we had no pass rush with Lawson being hurt. Next season he will be back, and I can only assume he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders.

No worries my friend. WDE! Hope ya get some sleep.

Back on topic, he wont make or break the class, but he would certainly take some of the weight off of Lawsons shoulders.

If I was Carl Lawson, I would put everything I could into getting Cowart on board. Think about it. All season we heard we had no pass rush with Lawson being hurt. Next season he will be back, and I can only assume he feels the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Carl was his host while in Auburn

Before I go to bed tomorrow night, I will pray my heart out that the Good Lord will direct Byron, CeCe, and Jeffery Wednesday morning with Auburn on their mind. Have faith my good friends, we will be the surprise team no doubt.

Before I go to bed tomorrow night, I will pray my heart out that the Good Lord will direct Byron, CeCe, and Jeffery Wednesday morning with Auburn on their mind. Have faith my good friends, we will be the surprise team no doubt.

I bet The Lord has bigger concerns.

Nothing wrong with prayer... especially just to ask the Lord to guide these young men to the best place for them.

Nothing wrong with prayer... especially just to ask the Lord to guide these young men to the best place for them.

Well he needs to carve out a little room for us then. This is some serious sh#t. Lol ;)

We don't know how our young guys will play at DE. Kennion, Thornton and Williams may turn out to be good players. Also, President may improve so while Cowart is a special talent and he would almost certainly be in the rotation, I think DT is a far greater position of need.

Andrew Williams will be an inside guy, along with Monty, Elijah, Russell, and Lawrence. We have depth at the position.

Williams is listed at 251# and Daniel at 263# on the AU roster so I don't have the confidence you do, primarily for 2016, especially if Adams leaves early.

I wouldn't put a lot of thought at what they're listed at. Just relaying what I've heard from people around campus. Andrew Williams definitely doesn't look 251.

Good enough. I was thinking he came in at that weight and should have at least added 10 pounds. I'm just ready to bring the heat on some QBs.

Well he needs to carve out a little room for us then. This is some serious sh#t. Lol ;)/>

;)

How Byron plays out will be very interesting to say the least. Both schools now have someone close to him.saying it will be their school. Buckle up!

How Byron plays out will be very interesting to say the least. Both schools now have someone close to him.saying it will be their school. Buckle up!

How recent is our side's info, haha?

Time to lock down the thread IMO. Opinions and feelings are going to start coming in out of no where.

Archived