2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

So did anything in particular happen with Cowart that makes everyone start picking FL for him commitment?

UF coaches visited him yesterday and after that visit a lot of the recruiting folks started sending info out there that UF was the team to beat.

wde

and??

but??

What?? ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, so I just did the class calculator for UF. Their mod thinks they sign 20. I gave them Cece, Cowart, Holland, Ivey, Ryan Davis and J. Davis. They still wouldn't be in the top 10 team rankings. However, they did just flip a former FIU commit haha.

Just wait until spring and summer in Gainesville. I know it gets hot at Auburn, but probably no where near what you would experience at UF.

Just wait until spring and summer in Gainesville. I know it gets hot at Auburn, but probably no where near what you would experience at UF.

About the same in summer. Gets warmer earlier and stays warmer longer in Gainesville.

How football ready is Cowart now? He looks the part. I thought Carl Lawson needed a year and I couldn't be more wrong. This is the hardest thing in football to tell who is going to be ready to play and when.

How football ready is Cowart now? He looks the part. I thought Carl Lawson needed a year and I couldn't be more wrong. This is the hardest thing in football to tell who is going to be ready to play and when.

He's the #1 player in the country.

He's the #1 player in the country.

They'll be killing it next year if it happens not to mention our program getting espn s top recruit.

He's ready, we are ready as well

So did anything in particular happen with Cowart that makes everyone start picking FL for him commitment?

FSU 247 mod flipped his pick to Florida saying he was pretty confident in the info as it came from someone close to Byron.

FSU 247 mod flipped his pick to Florida saying he was pretty confident in the info as it came from someone close to Byron.

Thanks E. So does the AU side still feel confident? I wouldn't trust anything from Tallahassee but that's just my opinion with no face to go along with it. I hope AU gets this kid. He's the only recruit that I think is a must have to this NSD.

Thanks E. So does the AU side still feel confident? I wouldn't trust anything from Tallahassee but that's just my opinion with no face to go along with it. I hope AU gets this kid. He's the only recruit that I think is a must have to this NSD.

Cautiously optimistic is the correct term.

Will not be surprised when Cowart, Ivey and Jefferson all end up at UF. And if they commit before Holland does, he might be going there as well (Heaven forbid!). AU put in a good run for these guys, but it might take another year for Gus and the new D crew to really start winning the top talent. Even if the worst happens with these guys, this class will still be a good one.

When AU wins it on the field next year and Gus continues building crucial HS relationships with coaches and recruits, great recruiting classes will follow.

Am I misreading the past few posts on here, but does it seem like people are starting to concede Cowart to Florida? I do believe Ivey is going to FL, and have felt that for some time now (hope I'm wrong), but while AU will have a good class, losing Cowart would be a big blow, especially since he's a NEED for this AU team. It also seems to me---and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will point it out to me---that AU really didn't get in the running for this guy until Muschamp became the DC. If so, I have to wonder why?

Cowart didn't fit well with CEJ's scheme, so he didn't have any interest in us. On the other hand, he really wants to play the Buck position employed by Boom. He was a Florida lean while Boom was the HC there. Once Boom became DC at Auburn, Cowart became interested in us. That's why we didn't get in the running until after Boom came to Auburn.

Some people are starting to melt about recent crystal balls. I still believe we're in good shape with Cowart. Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to sign with us. I'm no expert. I'm just basing my feeling on what I've read and logic.

Florida message boards are saying his mother wants him close to home.

http://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/How-is-Byron-Cowart-suddenly-trending-for-us-35228736

If that is the case and he ends up choosing FL, we got screwed royally by some mothers this recruiting season. :/

This signing would make the difference bt a good & great class. It's a shame if we lose out. Then again, we weren't even in the conversation with Cowart, Jefferson & Key until Boom & TRob came on board. Unfortunately for us, maybe a bit too late to sway these guys our way.

I don't think we got screwed by anyone. We got in it late for Cowart, for the reasons already stated. We gave it our best shot. It may well have worked. But if he doesn't sign with us, it wasn't because we got screwed by anyone's mom.

Will not be surprised when Cowart, Ivey and Jefferson all end up at UF. And if they commit before Holland does, he might be going there as well (Heaven forbid!). AU put in a good run for these guys, but it might take another year for Gus and the new D crew to really start winning the top talent. Even if the worst happens with these guys, this class will still be a good one.

When AU wins it on the field next year and Gus continues building crucial HS relationships with coaches and recruits, great recruiting classes will follow.

Jefferson is not picking Florida. It will be the Rebs or Bama for him.

It just stinks bc this past season showed what happens when u don't have a pass rush. We had not heat on the Qb without blitzing LBs or DBs. Guys like this allow u to get to the Qb with only the front 4. We'll hope for a signing day Hail Mary.

Am I misreading the past few posts on here, but does it seem like people are starting to concede Cowart to Florida? I do believe Ivey is going to FL, and have felt that for some time now (hope I'm wrong), but while AU will have a good class, losing Cowart would be a big blow, especially since he's a NEED for this AU team. It also seems to me---and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will point it out to me---that AU really didn't get in the running for this guy until Muschamp became the DC. If so, I have to wonder why?

Just did not like AU much and our then scheme did not fit him.

I don't think we got screwed by anyone. We got in it late for Cowart, for the reasons already stated. We gave it our best shot. It may well have worked. But if he doesn't sign with us, it wasn't because we got screwed by anyone's mom.

#TRUTH

Florida message boards are saying his mother wants him close to home.

http://florida.247sp...for-us-35228736

If that is the case and he ends up choosing FL, we got screwed royally by some mothers this recruiting season. :/

A lot goes into picking a school. That's just one piece.

Turn it around. If you grew up an Auburn fan and Auburn happened to have a coach changeover the year you graduated HS, and the coach who had been recruiting you the last 3 years left for UF, would you immediately abandon AU for UF?

Nope.

Cowart, Ivey, Jefferson, Holland - they were all expected to commit to Florida schools from the beginning. There was - still is - a chance to get one or more of these guys to AU. The assumption that everyone wants to come to Auburn and would if it weren't for meddlers screwing up the the natural Auburn order of things just isn't a very reality-based assumption.

Ellitor, do you think AU was ever his school of choice or was it always FL regardless of the CB picks, etc.?

Yes and still do. Did you not read my post on the previous page where the staff feels we land him? Things may have changed but at last report also the Gator staff felt AU was the team to beat.

Archived