2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Wow. I relay information that I saw on another site, and someone assumes I am a troll, and I have someone else who suggests not listening to anyone with less than 1000 post count.

It was first the FSU guy who changed his CB to Florida, then it was Shannon Terry

then others followed. There is no link for this stuff, you can look it up yourself.

Good god people this site does have a reputation for sunshine pumping, and now I see why.

Call me a troll because I dont post a link to Twitter blowing up? And Doc, I just came here to read and not post for the longest. While I understand your premise behind a minimum of posts, seems to me that what one posts should mean more than how much one posts. I mean, sure I could start making a bunch of one and two word posts just to up my post count...

Guys, I never said he wasn't going to sign with us, I never said he was going to sign with UF. What I said is that SOMETHING happened in the previous 12 hours, and it had. Cowart had talked to a FSU writer. I just was relaying info I saw somewhere else.

Back to Cowart, I REALLY hope he signs with us. We really need him, and he could compete for PT early, as well as being in competition for championships with us. I doubt he ever sees a SEC Championship game at UF.

Dont worrry about the "troll" thing dude, that's the default, go to generic response for something folks don't want to hear or believe. The real trolls are obvious to all and usually handled quite well.

Indeed. I actually find it amusing that AU Family has a 'bad' reputation for sunshine pumping. A20, don't fall into that trap, even if it will score you points on other AU boards. Lots of refugees filled with resentment for various reasons out there.

War Eagle!

This^^ I understand how u feel a2o

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you guys are still on this topic, there's a difference between posting "Cowart just received several crystal balls to UF on 247. Do these people have actual info or are they just guessing?" and "SOMETHING is going on. Something has changed in the last 12 hours!". It might be a tad unfair, but you get called a troll when you make a fairly alarmist post when you give no inclination of where your information came from.

Never mind the other posts almost RIGHT under mine who basically said the same thing. See at the time, I didnt know that the SOMETHING was Cowart talking to a FSU insider. Otherwise I would of said as much. By the time I found out what the SOMETHING was, it was already on this board that he had talked to the FSU insider. And I try not to just regurgitate information to up my post count. But whatever, I'm not here to please anyone. I am here because I love MY university. I just tried to relay information. If you dont like my posts, as I understand it there is an ignore feature.

Anyway, I hate that we are trending down for Cowart. While he wont actually make or break this class, I do believe that most (fans anyway) will look at it as an overall bad day if we dont sign him.

I don't know that we actually are trending down. All we really know is this FSU guy talked to him and then made his cb to UF. Since we don't know what was said it's impossible to know how he arrived at the decision he did. I'm not questioning his sincerity or credibility as such. but he may have misinterpreted something Cowart said. Maybe he heard what was said but heard only what he wanted to hear. We all do that quite often. It could be that Cowart is having conflicting thoughts based on several different factors. We can sit here and speculate all day long. I could be mistaken but I think that once he does make up his mind, whichever way that goes, he will inform the school he is not going to of his decision.

Since you guys are still on this topic, there's a difference between posting "Cowart just received several crystal balls to UF on 247. Do these people have actual info or are they just guessing?" and "SOMETHING is going on. Something has changed in the last 12 hours!". It might be a tad unfair, but you get called a troll when you make a fairly alarmist post when you give no inclination of where your information came from.

Never mind the other posts almost RIGHT under mine who basically said the same thing. See at the time, I didnt know that the SOMETHING was Cowart talking to a FSU insider. Otherwise I would of said as much. By the time I found out what the SOMETHING was, it was already on this board that he had talked to the FSU insider. And I try not to just regurgitate information to up my post count. But whatever, I'm not here to please anyone. I am here because I love MY university. I just tried to relay information. If you dont like my posts, as I understand it there is an ignore feature.

Anyway, I hate that we are trending down for Cowart. While he wont actually make or break this class, I do believe that most (fans anyway) will look at it as an overall bad day if we dont sign him.

Go back to TOS, you troll!

:poke:/>

Is it February on AUF? Yup. Is all credible information out the window? Yup. Are meltdowns imminent based on one Twitter post or CB that get 100 comments that turns a rumor into fact? Yup.

I love checking this board every single day even after NSD and the slow times when everyone focuses on the actual season. But not come February 1st where rationality goes out the window and new opinions come from anyone who has watch an Auburn game in the last 10 years.

See you guys/gals Wednesday for the commitment thread when there are no more rumors and the drama is real.

Edit: from a yearlong lurker, thank you for your contributions to all the mods and other yearlong commenters/passionate recruiting fans. Also, it was fun watching you find your place on this board ClaytonAU.

War Eagle

Back to Cowart. He would be a great get.

I think if he comes to AU he will see a lot of action this year.

Back to Cowart. He would be a great get.

I think if he comes to AU he will see a lot of action this year.

He is our biggest get at a position of huge need.

wde

Wow. I relay information that I saw on another site, and someone assumes I am a troll, and I have someone else who suggests not listening to anyone with less than 1000 post count.

It was first the FSU guy who changed his CB to Florida, then it was Shannon Terry

then others followed. There is no link for this stuff, you can look it up yourself.

Good god people this site does have a reputation for sunshine pumping, and now I see why.

Call me a troll because I dont post a link to Twitter blowing up? And Doc, I just came here to read and not post for the longest. While I understand your premise behind a minimum of posts, seems to me that what one posts should mean more than how much one posts. I mean, sure I could start making a bunch of one and two word posts just to up my post count...

Guys, I never said he wasn't going to sign with us, I never said he was going to sign with UF. What I said is that SOMETHING happened in the previous 12 hours, and it had. Cowart had talked to a FSU writer. I just was relaying info I saw somewhere else.

Back to Cowart, I REALLY hope he signs with us. We really need him, and he could compete for PT early, as well as being in competition for championships with us. I doubt he ever sees a SEC Championship game at UF.

My apologies friend. I remember in past years when recruiting started heating up, a lot of negative posts that were of the troll nature that showed up here. I do tend to get a bit defensive at times. Hey....I know I am a sunshine pumper and want all of the positive karma we can get on this site. I want this young man to sign with us as bad as any Auburn fan. I am so sick of bammer's questionable recruiting tactics that land them in the top spot. We have to fight toe to toe with a lot of teams to get the best kids out there to become Auburn Tigers. I will chill out and wait for the big haul!

Again, I will say, I think Byron Cowart has handled his recruitment very maturely and will make the decision that is best for him. I would hope that would mean AU. but if not, I would hope that he contacts our coaches and gives them the opportunity to fill his spot. That would be the respectful thing to do. So far, it doesn't appear that our coaches are scrambling to find a "backup". I hope that is a good sign. WDE

And I thought I was the one on the brink senility.

I thought you'd prescribed something for golf, doc?

speaking of golf. I have a sweet 1992 Club Cart golf cart with 13 month old batteries for Sale if anyone is interested.

And I thought I was the one on the brink senility.

It's not like it's a limited condition. ;)

I thought you'd prescribed something for golf, doc?

speaking of golf. I have a sweet 1992 Club Cart golf cart with 13 month old batteries for Sale if anyone is interested.

Free shipping to Texas?

Wednesday can't get here fast enough.

What happens Wednesday????

Ask a4e.

I did

That explains your question.

What question

Who's on first?

For $1550.00, I will ship it to Texas for free. I have her on craigslist if interested. I am sure if I talk any more about "The Evil Tigress", the mods will send me to posting purgatory.

Ellitor, do you think AU was ever his school of choice or was it always FL regardless of the CB picks, etc.?

Yes and still do. Did you not read my post on the previous page where the staff feels we land him? Things may have changed but at last report also the Gator staff felt AU was the team to beat.

If our staff feels confident and the UF staff is worried we lead, why are we so concerned?

I guess I'm like many here, I'm all over the place with this kid. Currently I think we do get him. Earlier today I was feeling UF. Fortunately I reserve the right to change my pick up to and including the moment he lets us all know. :)/>

Archived