"Biggest" Commitment of 2015

icanthearyou

Maybe we need to start doing more recruiting in Tonga?

http://sports.yahoo....-143425956.html

As BYU was announcing its 2015 recruiting class, one player stood out.

The player was Motekiai Langi, listed at 6-7 and 410 pounds. Yes, he had the best rap video from the BYU coaches' YouTube rap concert on National Signing Day, but many were in awe of his gargantuan size.

According to BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall, Langi was first noticed by a BYU assistant coach while Langi was playing pickup basketball in his native Tonga. And Mendenhall said he hasn't known Langi for very long (15 minutes!), though he was willing to give him a chance based off his size and favorable review from the basketball game.

"So I now get a chance to to see what Coach Kaufusi told me about and that’s something different. So me telling you he’s 6-7 and 410 pounds is one thing. If you were to see him, that impact was – it’s not a fat 410, it’s a solid, like lean isn’t the right word — it is a solid looking, healthy, giant man.

I am so glad that we signed the "Prince". He is going to be an absolute monster and nightmare for offenses in the SEC. I think he will have a fantastic career at Auburn and will win a ton of fun doing so!

I remember UWA had a player a few years ago who as a freshman was listed at 6-9, 412 pounds. However, by the time he was a senior he had trimmed down to a svelt 370. He had hands the size of a small European country.

Archived