2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

You do have to admit there is something inherently shady about not telling your prospects that the D-Line coach that has been recruiting them is going to be leaving the day after National Signing Day. I would be extremely upset if I was Cece or his parents with the deception by UF in this case.

This transition was clearly planned ahead of time given how fast they hired Texas' D-Line coach. So essentially they were trying to bait these kids into a contract and then switch the coach out from under them. Unacceptable behavior from individuals who are supposed to be molding young men.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically McElwain and UF lied. The kid makes a decision based off the information he had. His soon to be coach bolts for the NFL less than 24 hours after signing day. UF hires Texas' D line coach. Everyone is saying the dad is getting in the way of his kid making a decision. If that was my son, I would do the same thing. I don't care what school it is.

This is incorrect. The job has been offered, but not yet accepted.

Think about it:

Jefferson was the main driver of the package deal.

UF just lost their D-Line coach today (the day after NSD) to the NFL.

Holland and Cowart are now Tigers.

I like your thinking and it makes sense. Maybe, just maybe we stand a chance of CeCe filpping to AU.

You do have to admit there is something inherently shady about not telling your prospects that the D-Line coach that has been recruiting them is going to be leaving the day after National Signing Day. I would be extremely upset if I was Cece or his parents with the deception by UF in this case.

This transition was clearly planned ahead of time given how fast they hired Texas' D-Line coach. So essentially they were trying to bait these kids into a contract and then switch the coach out from under them. Unacceptable behavior from individuals who are supposed to be molding young men.

Completely agree.

Completely agree.

Remember who taught the head coach how do recruit.....

There's also an outside chance that Jefferson is second-guessing his commitment, but his dad is falling on his sword so that UF fans don't direct their rage at his kid.

I just wanted to play along. Hope he doesn't end up at Ole Miss or bama.

So basically McElwain and UF lied. The kid makes a decision based off the information he had. His soon to be coach bolts for the NFL less than 24 hours after signing day. UF hires Texas' D line coach. Everyone is saying the dad is getting in the way of his kid making a decision. If that was my son, I would do the same thing. I don't care what school it is.

Isn't that worse? Now he's not sure who his coach would be. UF botched the hell out of this

There's also an outside chance that Jefferson is second-guessing his commitment, but his dad is falling on his sword so that UF fans don't direct their rage at his kid.

I just wanted to play along. Hope he doesn't end up at Ole Miss or bama.

I think this is exactly what's happening. Mom can sign the NLI just as easily as dad. The narrative that dad is holding up the process on his own does not make sense.

Completely agree.

Ummmm... same can be said of Muschamp.

Isn't that worse? Now he's not sure who his coach would be. UF botched the hell out of this

Thayer Evans is reporting that Rolph already accepted the job. And we all know what a Pulitzer prize winning "reporter" he is. :-\

Completely agree.

Ummmm... same can be said of Muschamp.

shhhh you're going to make some heads explode

This stuff is better than Days of Our Lives back when Bo was a kid....LMAO! (my mom would be proud of that one).

https://footballrecr...asp?CID=1734086

Free article on Rivals (that means we can post right?). Wow! Dad sounds pissed at the whole Florida coaching staff, especially Mac.

Any day is a good day when Thayer Evans is proven wrong.

So pretty much everyday?

Free article on Rivals (that means we can post right?). Wow! Dad sounds pissed at the whole Florida coaching staff, especially Mac.

Interesting. So Derek Tyson is saying "CeCe definitely knew" but Leo here is saying that the Florida staff didn't tell them. Also funny that they wanted the NLI early in the morning so they could go on "vacation", then later that morning the DL coach leaves. Super sketchy.

Hope Bud is right on his CB pick. Get ready for twitter to be blown apart with "bagman" references. They're already slinging that stuff directed at OM; imagine if he ends up at AU instead.

So pretty much everyday?

Yes. But it's extra special when his contemporaries call him out on it. I haven't read a single issue of SI since they hired Pete Thamel and Thayer Evans. They lost all credibility with me at that point.

Any day is a good day when Thayer Evans is proven wrong.

"The coaches at Florida wanted the letter signed by 8:30 this morning so they could go on vacation," Leo said. "(McElwain) was only head coach of all the ones recruiting him that hasn't called as of 1 p.m. Coaches from schools CeCe wasn't listing as finalists have all called, but Florida has not called him."

Clearly, the Jeffersons aren't impressed with the lack of communication over the defensive line coach change or the recent actions of the staff.

"The staff should have considered being honest with us about the (coach) change," Leo said. "They haven't pursued CeCe nearly as hard as others and I'm not sure why."

Leo added, "they aren't going on vacation anytime soon because we're not sending that letter".

wow...

Interesting. So Derek Tyson is saying "CeCe definitely knew" but Leo here is saying that the Florida staff didn't tell them. Also funny that they wanted the NLI early in the morning so they could go on "vacation", then later that morning the DL coach leaves. Super sketchy.

Hope Bud is right on his CB pick. Get ready for twitter to be blown apart with "bagman" references. They're already slinging that stuff directed at OM; imagine if he ends up at AU instead.

Oh, the rustled jimmies will be glorious.

Archived