2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! If we have any room left, our staff needs to zero in and try to convince him to join Byron and Auburn. I will not post any funny stuff in that some folks do not realize that I am joking. I like to joke with a twist or 2! This is fine, and I do understand and do not want to offend anyone in the future.

I honestly wonder what our chances will be to get CeCe. I hope and pray OM is not the school for him. Auburn is so much closer to home, and is the best school for him to be on a team that will win conference and national championships.

I hear ya'. There's definitely some with no sense of humor on this board.

Might I suggest ending any of your humorous posts with a :rimshot:

Rumors are carried by haters,

spread by fools,

and accepted by idiots.

Love that "word of wisdom"

....and reading them is more fun than working.

There is a thread on AUC that has some very good info. Quotes from the dad (and mom) by media types.

Seems the mom and dad are on the same page and are not preventing the kid from going wherever he wants. Apparently the DL coaching change along with multiple other recent FL recruiting tactics have bothered them ...

In addition to the parents - both parents - wanting him to leave FL.

It appears the dad is allowing himself to be the Lightning rod to give his kid some space to make a decision to live by. But his folks are giving their opinion.

Sounds like responsible parenting to me.

Get past the first couple pages of the thread and you start getting to some good quotes that shed light favorably on the family and not so much on the FL coaching staff.

Ok so maybe a chance for us?

Sounds like it according to JC Shurburtt and Ryan and Keith. We do have 2 of this good friends signed already. Never know.

"@jcshurburtt: CeCe Jefferson still likely ends up with the #Gators but don't count #Auburn out of this. @RyanBartow @Keith247Sports"

Also heard that all other finalist programs have contacted CeCe but not UF... interesting.

"Bud Elliott CB'd him to Auburn"

Who is Bud Elliot?

For that matter... what is CB'd?

It reads to me as "blah blah blah to Auburn".

Bud is the national recruiting analyst & editor for SBNation.com. He's a Florida native.

CB - Crystal Ball

Who is Bud Elliot?

CB = 24/7's Crystal Ball

Bud Elliot, I think, is an FSU guy... pretty sure he runs or contributes to Tomahawk Nation (the FSU SB site). So not as good as someone who covers UF, but he's probably pretty familiar with what goes on in the state as a whole.

Thank you both for the info. I don't know all this recruiting lingo but I find this NLI stuff fascinating!

b15d5909f437d7cb2eb153fedd3990c6.jpg

I think i owe you an apology. I honestly didn't know, that you didn't know, what CB meant. I thought you were getting on to me etc..

Sorry man, my bad!

As much as I would like for this kid to come to AU, I have to say I kinda feel sorry for the Florida fans since we Auburn fans went through this just yesterday with Cowart and a few years ago with Cyrus Kouandjo (I'm sure I mispelled his last name). From what I have been reading it's his father who's refusing to sign the forms, and apparently all the father is admitting is that he is the hold-up, but he's not telling why. The cynic in me is screaming "REC."

Who is Bud Elliot?

Bud is the national recruiting analyst & editor for SBNation.com. He's a Florida native.

CB - Crystal Ball

Who is Bud Elliot?

CB = 24/7's Crystal Ball

Bud Elliot, I think, is an FSU guy... pretty sure he runs or contributes to Tomahawk Nation (the FSU SB site). So not as good as someone who covers UF, but he's probably pretty familiar with what goes on in the state as a whole.

Thank you both for the info. I don't know all this recruiting lingo but I find this NLI stuff fascinating!

b15d5909f437d7cb2eb153fedd3990c6.jpg

I think i owe you an apology. I honestly didn't know, that you didn't know, what CB meant. I thought you were getting on to me etc..

Sorry man, my bad!

Correct, I truly didn't know so I was truly asking but I didn't see where you replied anything bad so "no harm = no foul".

Unless you were just referring to that moment where you were grabbing me through your computer screen :pcprobs:

HAHA...no worries!

This is what I have been gathering...

CeCe's dad and mom are NOT refusing to sign the forms. CeCe is unsure if he wants to go to UF at this point. He told them not to sign them yet, even after the announcement. Apparently Mac didn't do that great of a job recruiting him, nor did he tell him that their DL coach was leaving. He said he found out through other coaches that were recruiting him. His parents think it's best for him to move away and grow up away from home. His parents told him that if he wanted to go to UF they were on board, but all 3 agree that with the new staff, and coach leaving, they aren't sure what the future of UF is. CeCe considers UF a dream school because he grew up a gator fan, but that sounds like that is the only thing keeping him there right now. Even mentioned something about Foley and how he basically controls everything.

Going to be interesting...

I'd kind of feel sorry for UF, too, if wasn't halfway suspicious that they somehow messed with Cowart yesterday. Then, on the other hand, I could totally see how UF fans could think Muschamp is messing with their recruits to get back at the Gators. This is a mess. I hope these 17 and 18 year old kids aren't being totally manipula-TIVE. Maybe they are being totally manipulat-ED by adults. :dunno:

Man I really want to feel sorry for the UF fans, but I do hate them so. It sux being in this situation but... C'mon Cowart & Holland!!! Work some magic!!!!

Archived