2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

https://footballrecr...asp?CID=1734086

Free article on Rivals (that means we can post right?). Wow! Dad sounds pissed at the whole Florida coaching staff, especially Mac.

Any day is a good day when Thayer Evans is proven wrong.

"The coaches at Florida wanted the letter signed by 8:30 this morning so they could go on vacation," Leo said. "(McElwain) was only head coach of all the ones recruiting him that hasn't called as of 1 p.m. Coaches from schools CeCe wasn't listing as finalists have all called, but Florida has not called him."

Clearly, the Jeffersons aren't impressed with the lack of communication over the defensive line coach change or the recent actions of the staff.

"The staff should have considered being honest with us about the (coach) change," Leo said. "They haven't pursued CeCe nearly as hard as others and I'm not sure why."

Leo added, "they aren't going on vacation anytime soon because we're not sending that letter".

wow...

I'm normally not a recruiting geek...prefer the ACTUAL football...but these last two days are like the best mens' soap opera ever!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free article on Rivals (that means we can post right?). Wow! Dad sounds pissed at the whole Florida coaching staff, especially Mac.

"The coaches at Florida wanted the letter signed by 8:30 this morning so they could go on vacation," Leo said. "(McElwain) was only head coach of all the ones recruiting him that hasn't called as of 1 p.m. Coaches from schools CeCe wasn't listing as finalists have all called, but Florida has not called him."

Clearly, the Jeffersons aren't impressed with the lack of communication over the defensive line coach change or the recent actions of the staff.

"The staff should have considered being honest with us about the (coach) change," Leo said. "They haven't pursued CeCe nearly as hard as others and I'm not sure why."

Leo added, "they aren't going on vacation anytime soon because we're not sending that letter".

wow...

This kid may not end up at UF. I sure hope he comes here or outside the conference.

Interesting. So Derek Tyson is saying "CeCe definitely knew" but Leo here is saying that the Florida staff didn't tell them. Also funny that they wanted the NLI early in the morning so they could go on "vacation", then later that morning the DL coach leaves. Super sketchy.

Hope Bud is right on his CB pick. Get ready for twitter to be blown apart with "bagman" references. They're already slinging that stuff directed at OM; imagine if he ends up at AU instead.

I got my popcorn ready for all the bagman references. I find them hilarious. Nothing funnier than grown men acting like children, all over 18-22 year olds playing a game. :-D

Interesting. So Derek Tyson is saying "CeCe definitely knew" but Leo here is saying that the Florida staff didn't tell them. Also funny that they wanted the NLI early in the morning so they could go on "vacation", then later that morning the DL coach leaves. Super sketchy.

Hope Bud is right on his CB pick. Get ready for twitter to be blown apart with "bagman" references. They're already slinging that stuff directed at OM; imagine if he ends up at AU instead.

Oh, the rustled jimmies will be glorious.

Someone will need to call this guy to finish them off....

dea330dd96c9bec994132e39e28d9560.jpg

wow...

This kid may not end up at UF. I sure hope he comes here or outside the conference.

That's not happening. If it's not UF or AU, it's 100% against a team we have to play every year. We, as fans, are 100% routing that he either flips to AU or stays put where he is. Bammer, obviously, would be the worst outcome if it comes to that.

Barrett Sallee isn't buying the story from Jefferson's family. Says that McElwain knows better than to not call Jefferson today. Doesn't buy the idea that UF's coaches are too lazy. FWIW

Being told many people, coaches and a couple of recruits (wink, wink), are attempting to get CeCe here. Will be interesting how this goes. The Auburn camp is feeling really good right now about CeCe. TIFWIW

Why would he go to Bama where they are loaded and he would be one of many 5stars vs AU or even OM? And I agree that AU has a better chance of winning it all and he knows the coaches are well thought of and have been honest with him

https://twitter.com/...419568866357248

Local reporter says Cece still planning to go to UF. Claims he talked to him 10 minutes ago.

If he's not considering changing his commitment, why is he saying he may wait 'til tomorrow to send in the NLI? Why not do it right now and quell the furor?

Why would he go to Bama where they are loaded and he would be one of many 5stars vs AU or even OM? And I agree that AU has a better chance of winning it all and he knows the coaches are well thought of and have been honest with him

Recruits have different priorities and different goals when it comes to choosing a school. We can play the hypothetical question game to make it sound like every school is a bad choice. It just depends on what the kid prioritizes the most.

Local reporter says Cece still planning to go to UF. Claims he talked to him 10 minutes ago.

If he's not considering changing his commitment, why is he saying he may wait 'til tomorrow to send in the NLI? Why not do it right now and quell the furor?

Agreed. Doesn't make a bit of sense. Of course a lot of what happened with Cowart didn't make sense yesterday either. Reporters are looking for any shreds of half-truths they can get to report on right now.

I think AU really has a serious shot here. The kid wants to play with his friends an needs to know that his coaches care. Auburn can give him both, plus the best college experience he could ever hope for.

I think AU really has a serious shot here. The kid wants to play with his friends an needs to know that his coaches care. Auburn can give him both, plus the best college experience he could ever hope for.

Like your optimism, in the end think he will sign with the gators. Hope I am wrong.

Agreed. Doesn't make a bit of sense. Of course a lot of what happened with Cowart didn't make sense yesterday either. Reporters are looking for any shreds of half-truths they can get to report on right now.

Cowart didn't look this bad for us. At least in that situation he and his mom both were saying that they didn't know why the LOI hadn't been sent in and that they would make sure it got done ASAP. Here all members of the family are saying they are not going to send in the LOI right now with some actively saying they don't want him going to FL.

I think he stays put....but it is crazy that CeCe and Byron both had an NSD like this. I think they are pissed at UF right now.

Im just wondering but if all these UF fans Im seeing talking about it must be about money will recant if he stays with them. Does that mean Florida won the bidding war?

Of course not. He would have decided to do the ethical thing and stick with UF for free.

Im just wondering but if all these UF fans Im seeing talking about it must be about money will recant if he stays with them. Does that mean Florida won the bidding war?

+1

It would seem Florida has a new production on its hands: As CeCe Jefferson's Dad Turns continued on Thursday afternoon with Leo Jefferson, CeCe's father, telling The Gainesville Sun's Zach Abolverdi that he won't let his son fax his National Letter of Intent to Florida.

"No sir, and it’s not going to," he said. "You tell the Gainesville Sun that he isn't going to fax it in. I won't let him."

Abolverdi notes that Jefferson turned 19 last week, but that's immaterial when discussing the National Letter of Intent, which requires an additional signature from a parent or guardian from any signatory under the age of 21.

Jefferson went on to give actual reasoning for not signing his son's NLI.

"I’m a die-hard Gator fan, but personally, I want CeCe to go somewhere else," Jefferson said. "I wanted to get him away from home. I didn’t want him in Gainesville, to tell you the truth."

Which, well, okay, cool: I get a parent wanting a child to branch out and not stay so close to home. Jefferson's mother, of course, wants her son close to home, and Jefferson himself seems to want that, too, but this is at least a more legitimate response from Leo Jefferson to "Why won't you let your son do what he wants?" than the "I can't tell you that" he gave 247Sports.

It's probably not the best reason for preventing a 19-year-old man from doing what he wants, but at least it's a reason.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/2/5/7987153/cece-jefferson-florida-gators-gainesville-sun-somewhere-else-quote/in/7740210

Archived