2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

Apparently Mac didn't do that great of a job recruiting him, nor did he tell him that their DL coach was leaving. He said he found out through other coaches that were recruiting him

This is why I don't feel sorry for Florida. CeCe called Florida his dream school and all Mac had do was not screw it up.

Don't get your hopes up either unless more comes out. Otherwise, this situation will blow over.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently Mac didn't do that great of a job recruiting him, nor did he tell him that their DL coach was leaving. He said he found out through other coaches that were recruiting him

This is why I don't feel sorry for Florida. CeCe called Florida his dream school and all Mac had do was not screw it up.

Don't get your hopes up either unless more comes out. Otherwise, this situation will blow over.

Exactly... I think he still has a lot of learning to do with a big time program like UF.

But yes, I would not get hopes on this at all...but it will be interesting to follow... just glad we aren't on the other side of it for once.

I don't hate that Florida is going through this at all. It's Karma payback for their role in the Cowart drama. That being said, don't we always advise recruits to commit to a school and not to a coach? I think it's Florida, but not until Leo makes them sweat a little more, but I hope it's Auburn.

The cone of silence......

Silence is a good thing. Just be patient!

Patience doesn't come easy to those who are hitting F5 twenty times a minute (hangs head in shame)

Cowart was surprised that CeCe chose UF to begin win. Indication from Cowart was that CeCe was wavering between Ole Miss and Bama but both of those places were not favorable destinations for Cowart. After the announcement Cowart learned from UF coaches that CeCe called them to let them know he would be announcing UF, which was a surprise to UF because, as has been shown by UF's in-home visit with CeCe, UF thought they were well behind. CeCe going to UF upset Cowart because he felt if there was a school they could both go to it would be Auburn rather than Florida. Cowart didn't flip to UF after CeCe announced because he wasn't as comfortable with the staff.

Now, we have a situation where UF coaches didn't make it transparent that Williams would be leaving. He's got Cowart in his ear and his parents have lost respect for the UF staff. CeCe's childhood team just burned him a little bit and I think he's just taking it all in. I like him to Florida as of right now, but I think every day past NSD we go the better it looks for Auburn.

Who is Tez? I tried watching Finebutthead for about 10 minutes and had to stop and steam clean the floors so that I would not have a "Doc Moment" and call the show. Finney tried to make BC signing as negative as his 4 brain cells can generate for him. He did not mention CeCe going to Auburn whatsoever.

Maybe this is a good thing. I can say that whenever I get dumb enough to watch his show, I get so aggravated that I will go and do chores around the house until he is off of the air. Let's all do a chant "CeCe come with we and be a part of the Auburn Family"

The cone of silence......

Twitter starting to suggest more and more that Auburn could be back in play. Doesn't mean anything, just interesting to see the trends change.

Cowart was surprised that CeCe chose UF to begin win. Indication from Cowart was that CeCe was wavering between Ole Miss and Bama but both of those places were not favorable destinations for Cowart. After the announcement Cowart learned from UF coaches that CeCe called them to let them know he would be announcing UF, which was a surprise to UF because, as has been shown by UF's in-home visit with CeCe, UF thought they were well behind. CeCe going to UF upset Cowart because he felt if there was a school they could both go to it would be Auburn rather than Florida. Cowart didn't flip to UF after CeCe announced because he wasn't as comfortable with the staff.

Now, we have a situation where UF coaches didn't make it transparent that Williams would be leaving. He's got Cowart in his ear and his parents have lost respect for the UF staff. CeCe's childhood team just burned him a little bit and I think he's just taking it all in. I like him to Florida as of right now, but I think every day past NSD we go the better it looks for Auburn.

Well said Jonesy, good to see you posting again!

Good to see you back Jonesy!

Ce Ce's dad stirs the pot?

'@frog2567 1m1 minute ago

Yes we are holding out. Florida making to many coaching changes this is not a game it's my son life'

Hopefully the kid will be happy wherever he chooses to go (pleasechooseuspleasechooseuspleasechooseus).

I do feel bad for any kid that committed in part due to UF's DL coach, and then the day after they sign he says see ya.

I know it happens, but that's a real s***ty thing to do to these kids who just made the biggest decision of their lives to date.

Have to agree with Leo. 20 years ago nobody would even know anything about this type of thing. Social media has made recruiting extremely public and made celebrities out of ordinary people overnight. Tough spot to be in. I will withhold any judgement of any of these guys as most of them, if given the opportunity, would be a lot more private.

Who is Tez?

Archived