2015 4* LB Roquan Smith (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

we are looking very good.with Smith!

23, thanks for the good news. He looks wicked good on film. Fast and strong.Has he said when he might commit to his school of choice?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

23, thanks for the good news. He looks wicked good on film. Fast and strong.Has he said when he might commit to his school of choice?

and there it is

It's in the podcast in EDW's post. If he's an EE then it will be before January. If he's not an EE then NSD at his high school.

I'm sure 23 is gone by now. But was wondering if Smith might be an early commit? Looking good right now but Feb '15 is a long ways off if he commits on NSD like so many of the big-time guys, especially those wanting attention.

I'm sure 23 is gone by now. But was wondering if Smith might be an early commit? Looking good right now but Feb '15 is a long ways off if he commits on NSD like so many of the big-time guys, especially those wanting attention.

Read my post above yours.

lol ... good to see you, E.

It's in the podcast in EDW's post. If he's an EE then it will be before January. If he's not an EE then NSD at his high school.

Thanks E.

Thanks E. Saw your message after I hit post button. Need to remember to scroll on down before replying. Might get the answer without typing.

2 words. Auburn bound.

Sure hope you're right Rev. But those same two words were posted a few times about RE, so I wouldn't go "all in" just yet.

Yeah, Obviously nobody (including the coaches and even the kids themselves) knows what a 16-17 year old kid is going to decide a year from now. But it's good to know we're in good shape right now.

Even before the Evans fiasco, I was thinking this is really the main guy to take over the star position after our 2014 jc recruit (forgot his name). Seemed pretty obvious since he was the first guy they talked too after silent period.

As a concerned Auburn fan, I would like to know how I am going to be expected to differentiate between Roc and Roq in the future. I mean during games it will be obvious (offense/defense) but in discussions off the field.

As a concerned Auburn fan, I would like to know how I am going to be expected to differentiate between Roc and Roq in the future. I mean during games it will be obvious (offense/defense) but in discussions off the field.

It's pronounced Ro-kwon so you will not have to. You can call him Ro for short.

if this guy plays the star he has good size and could develop into the perfect star.

Even before the Evans fiasco, I was thinking this is really the main guy to take over the star position after our 2014 jc recruit (forgot his name). Seemed pretty obvious since he was the first guy they talked too after silent period.

Obviously Roquan may end up at Star but the staff is strictly recruiting him to play OLB, not Star.

if this guy plays the star he has good size and could develop into the perfect star.

Obviously Roquan may end up at Star but the stiff is strictly recruiting him to play OLB, not Star.

Freudian slip?

Obviously Roquan may end up at Star but the stiff is strictly recruiting him to play OLB, not Star.

Freudian slip?

:laugh:

You just did. ;D

Obviously Roquan may end up at Star but the staff is strictly recruiting him to play OLB, not Star.

Is the staff recruiting Jeff Holland then to play the star?

Is the staff recruiting Jeff Holland then to play the star?

Have not heard.

Neither will be recruited for the STAR position at AU. Holland, is a MLB, period. Smith WAS being recruited at STAR. He visited the weekend prior to NSD and was told that we are recruiting him solely at OLB now and this was made a point in the interview. At first glance people assumed this was because that OTHER guy we were recruiting at STAR in 2014 would be signing. When that didn't happen I asked Keith Niebuhr at AUC had we done this because we had been tipped off that Bama/UGA were nega-cruiting the STAR position to "you know who" and decided to get ahead of the game with Raquan? His reply: "Maybe, the timing would suggest this possibility. But in all likliehood, with him being close to 6'-03" and much bigger than 205lbs (that was his size as a SO in HS), he had outgrown STAR."

I have to say I was disappointed ej did not get anyone for the star position with a year to recruit. Maybe moncrief could double as a star but it looks like the staff wants to get bigger on the back end though. I would like to hear the pitch we make to recruits for the star. Rumor was that we switched our pitch on this one because we need lbs.

Elite prospect and everyone knows it.. will finish in top 50 composite no doubt. AU/UGA battle straight up. We would recruit him at QB if we knew we could get his signature and him play on the plains for the next several years, but don't think we have to. Perfect fit at Will, with the versatility to play several other packages, some at Star being included.

Archived