2015 4* LB Roquan Smith (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

Based on the info we have received from several sources, the "Star" position had little if anything to do with why re chose bama. It was merely the excuse that was spread publicly.

There is a connection between the 2 highly rated LBs from AHS the last 2 years. I hope our coaching staff and administration is doing something about it now. It has already been discussed and doesn't need to be discussed any further in a thread about Roquan Smith. He seems to be a great athlete. I would like to see him in O & B in 2015.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the info we have received from several sources, the "Star" position had little if anything to do with why re chose bama. It was merely the excuse that was spread publicly.

There is a connection between the 2 highly rated LBs from AHS the last 2 years. I hope our coaching staff and administration is doing something about it now. It has already been discussed and doesn't need to be discussed any further in a thread about Roquan Smith. He seems to be a great athlete. I would like to see him in O & B in 2015.

This. People here are making a mistake on the "Star" position if you are referring to, and I hate to bring this name up, Evans. Not the reason he went to uat.

People close to AU think we have a little lead for Smith. And AU is recruiting Smith harder than any other school.

This. People here are making a mistake on the "Star" position if you are referring to, and I hate to bring this name up, Evans. Not the reason he went to uat.

People close to AU think we have a little lead for Smith. And AU is recruiting Smith harder than any other school.

I glad to hear we are hard after Smith. He is very good.

There is a connection between the 2 highly rated LBs from AHS the last 2 years. I hope our coaching staff and administration is doing something about it now.

There is nothing they have to do about it now. The connection left the state along with its influence.

I did say among other reasons. If you truly believe the position he will play at the next level wasn't a big part of the decision then these conspiracy theories have clouded a bit of your judgement. Beyond the perceived hatred for AU by his dad and the Trooper/Rueben involvement, the player ultimately wants to get to the NFL and make millions of dollars. The position he would play makes a big difference. At the end of the day that is the ultimate goal. The other stuff may have very well happened and I'm not disputing that. Frankly I really don't care but to "change the name of the position" because of that guy is ludicrous.

There is a connection between the 2 highly rated LBs from AHS the last 2 years. I hope our coaching staff and administration is doing something about it now.

There is nothing they have to do about it now. The connection left the state along with its influence.

He did leave the state but there is still this thing called a phone. There is also this other guy who will continue to live in and amongst the city. I like the concept of our staff being aware and "doing something about it" moving forward.

It doesn't matter what we call the position. We lost one recruit because he wanted to "rush the passer" along with other issues. The Star is expected to be a jack of all trades. He is expected to be in the limelight and make plays. He is asked to make sacks, interceptions, tackles, pass breakups and shut down vital interior offensive weapons (i.e. TE's, RB's, Slots). That is a tall task and takes a special talent. Our staff will find the right guy for the job. The recruit who didn't want that job basically said I don't want to work on my weakness. I'm okay with not having that guy on my team.

This guy always comes to mind for me when I think of someone who'd rock the Star position.

It doesn't matter what we call the position. We lost one recruit because he wanted to "rush the passer" along with other issues. The Star is expected to be a jack of all trades. He is expected to be in the limelight and make plays. He is asked to make sacks, interceptions, tackles, pass breakups and shut down vital interior offensive weapons (i.e. TE's, RB's, Slots). That is a tall task and takes a special talent. Our staff will find the right guy for the job. The recruit who didn't want that job basically said I don't want to work on my weakness. I'm okay with not having that guy on my team.

This guy always comes to mind for me when I think of someone who'd rock the Star position.

He is the perfect fit.

I thought Will Herring would have filled the shoes nicely while in the AU uniform.

Damn straght on Troy..one of my all time fav.....

Do you think he has any eligibility left? JK

Do you think he has any eligibility left? JK

Golf is just all a dither over Troy's Fabulous Hair.

• 1 month later...

Well Neihbur just CB'd him to UGA, so there's that...

Well we lead for Holland, McBryde, and the Williams kid from Hoover so I guess we have to miss on somebody.

I do not think we are out of it for Smith. We are very much in the picture from everything I have recently heard.

Keith is just reading the tea leaves, and I agree ATP. With us leading for Holland, it changes the whole complexion of Roquan's recruitment. He likes us a lot, but UGA is all-out for him right now. And well they should be, they are getting their clock cleaned in state. If they don't get Smith, Thompson and Godwin, there could be mutiny in Athens.

Is Pruit that good of a recruiter?

Apparently, and lets hope this is true, he may not be as good as he thought he was. He was a pretty solid recruiter at FSU.

Apparently, and lets hope this is true, he may not be as good as he thought he was. He was a pretty solid recruiter at FSU.

Yes. He is being branded as the savior for UGA defense. They have hyped him a lot, which is great for them if it pans out quickly. But another mediocre season with a couple of stompings would severely lessen the hype.

Yes. He is being branded as the savior for UGA defense. They have hyped him a lot, which is great for them if it pans out quickly. But another mediocre season with a couple of stompings would severely lessen the hype.

Yep.

:big:

He was in the top 3 in the nation at FSU before he left before NSD.

According to the AJC recruiting site, the top three (maybe 4?) prospects in the state of Georgia have committed to out of state schools, so he must not be alla' that.

According to the AJC recruiting site, the top three (maybe 4?) prospects in the state of Georgia have committed to out of state schools, so he must not be alla' that.

I think he is finding it a little more competitive in Ga. Interesting.

Well, to me, that makes sense since Florida State has been at the top of their conference for a few years now, while Georgia hasn't. In fact, Georgia is at the bottom of the top of the league, if that makes sense. Plus, if you ask me, Florida State's campus is way nicer.

Archived