Auburn at the 2015 NFL Combine

RunInRed

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coates + Cooper = White

White can't touch Cooper's route running. I think its an interesting matchup; White is more physically impressive but Cooper is more polished and technical. There is a lot of Torry Holt in Cooper.

Coates + Cooper = White

White can't touch Cooper's route running. I think its an interesting matchup; White is more physically impressive but Cooper is more polished and technical. There is a lot of Torry Holt in Cooper.

I'll take white vs cooper everytime

Yeah, but you're a gigantic homer, so no surprise there. You'd probably have a different answer if Cooper played for Auburn.

Yeah, but you're a gigantic homer, so no surprise there. You'd probably have a different answer if Cooper played for Auburn.

Doubt it, I love Sammy, but I'm not blind either. White to me should be the 1st wr off the board. And besides, bama players are always overhyped anyway.

heck, i aint gonna lie. i'd take cooper over anyone this year and not think twice. lots more go into being a WR than running fast. A WR can make a QB look a lot better than he is.

Cooper is by far the best WR in the draft. He's plenty athletic, plenty big, runs better routes, gets more separation, and has better hands.

Nick was set up to fail at QB. Even he said he was surprised to be grouped with the QBs. He's been training as a DB, and agreed to throw on short notice. It was never going to be ideal.

Cooper is definitely the best WR in this draft and the best WR I've ever seen at Bama. He's much better than Julio to me. If he had Julio's size, it would even be close. He torched Vernon Hargreaves in Tuscaloosa, and Hargreaves may have been the best corner in the country the past 2 years. He'll also be the 1st corner off the board next year. Cooper has torched Auburn the last 3 years, and I'm ecstatic to see him go!

I got to see Cooper in person this year. Maybe the best I have ever seen. He just puts on a clinic out there. Smooth as can be and just plain torches DB's. If I was doing the closing he would be #1 in the draft.

I hated having to face him but Id take Cooper on my team every day of the week. He only had 2 games where he finished with less than 70 yds receiving last year, Arky and Western Carolina (which its obvious why he didn't in that game). 12 out 14 games 70+ yards receiving, 7 out of 14 games 130 yards or more, 3- 200 yard games, and 9 out of 14 games he had at least one TD. There is no denying that the guy was a beast and that he was consistent doing it.

I guess I'm in the minority, I think Cooper is good and top of this class but if he had came out in the class with Julio and the others I'd rank him 4th or 5th

^ I might put him 3rd at worst behind AJ and Julio. No way I would put Johnathan Baldwin Pitt, Titus Young Boise, or Torrey Smith Maryland ahead of Cooper.

Torrey Smith that plays for the ravens isn't better than Cooper? Or just saying him as a prospect coming out as a prospect? I was thinking alshon Jeffery came out of that class as well

No chance in hell was Torrey Smith a better prospect than Cooper. Smith is like Coates: explosive athlete, average WR skillset. That is why Smith went #58 overall whereas Cooper won't get out of the Top 10-15.

Cooper is incredibly advanced when it comes to footwork and understanding how to create separation. He'd be behind Green/Jones in that 2011 class; but those two were elite talents so that is hardly a knock.

Alshon Jeffery was not in that class. He was a 2012 draftee.

Torrey Smith that plays for the ravens isn't better than Cooper? Or just saying him as a prospect coming out as a prospect? I was thinking alshon Jeffery came out of that class as well

If I was ranking them coming out of college Smith would not be head of Cooper in my draft. Green, Julio, Smith etc were apart of the 2011 draft class. Alshon Jeffery was in the 2012 draft class. Smith was the 5th WR taken in the 2011 draft.

If I was ranking them coming out of college Smith would not be head of Cooper in my draft. Green, Julio, Smith etc were apart of the 2011 draft class. Alshon Jeffery was in the 2012 draft class. Smith was the 5th WR taken in the 2011 draft.

I would take cooper over Julio because he has better hands and he is way more elusive than Julio

I love the guy but I wouldn't draft Sammie in the early rounds. He is a great athlete, but is an average route runner with suspect hands. I'd rather have a guy who runs a 4.7 with great hands than a 4.3 freak that has the drops. Whenever the ball was thrown his way, I often times felt it was a coin flip if he would catch it or not.

FWIW, there's a great comedy on ESPN right now if anyone's interested.

I'd rather have a guy who runs a 4.7 with great hands than a 4.3 freak that has the drops.

There is no shortage of guys who run 4.7 and never drop a ball. At the end of the day; athletes win you games in the NFL. A guy who runs 4.7 with great hands isn't going to score a 40+ yard touchdown for you. Don't discount the impact that a player like Coates, even with drops, makes in a football game. You have to scheme around a guy who can burn you deep at any moment. A threat like Coates also opens up things for other players on the field because he draws attention.

I'd rather have a guy who runs a 4.7 with great hands than a 4.3 freak that has the drops.

There is no shortage of guys who run 4.7 and never drop a ball. At the end of the day; athletes win you games in the NFL. A guy who runs 4.7 with great hands isn't going to score a 40+ yard touchdown for you. Don't discount the impact that a player like Coates, even with drops, makes in a football game. You have to scheme around a guy who can burn you deep at any moment. A threat like Coates also opens up things for other players on the field because he draws attention.

There is also no shortage of guys in the league who can run really fast and jump really high, yet aren't impact players. Sammie isn't a great route runner, either. 95 % of his big plays are just him running a go route and outrunning the guy. Can that continue in the NFL?? Couple that with suspect hands and there's alot of risk involved. There are plenty of great wide recievers who run in the 4.6, 4.7 area. Just off the top of my head I'm thinking of Roddy White, Anquan Boldin, Marvin Harrison, Kelvin Benjamin. Hell, JERRY RICE ran a 4.7. Just being able to outrun people isn't good enough. If that were the case, Darius Heyward-Bey would be on his way to Canton. Sammie may well turn out to be a great pro, but I'm just telling you if I'm a GM, I'm not drafting him in the early(first or second)rounds. Just my opinion.

All you guys that mention route running I say it may be two of you that actually know the difference at these particular guys route running skills....as far as hands go I didn't watch no more than 3 Alabama games because as far as evaluating Cooper I don't think his game against us really counts but the lsu game Cooper wasn't good at all. Actually many of you would have been ready to kick him off the team with the drops he had

Archived