A Letter From Black America

DKW 86

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly Cole. We need to turn the tv's off and get out and be social with others face to face and actually talk to people instead of allowing the media to dictate our beliefs.

Pretty crazy considering African ancestry is the second largest claimed by the latest US Census.

Must be all those Germans (who are #1 claimed) lol

I would also like to add something else to the conversation; young white males living in or hanging around neighborhoods that are majority black.... and the added attention from police forces that they draw.

Not putting any opinions out there, I would just like to see what others think about that situation.

Pretty crazy considering African ancestry is the second largest claimed by the latest US Census.

I would also like to add something else to the conversation; young white males living in or hanging around neighborhoods that are majority black.... and the added attention from police forces that they draw.

Not putting any opinions out there, I would just like to see what others think about that situation.

There are now in America a generation of young men that have had zero role models. They were single parented and that has lead to a huge uptick in the number of males, black & white that think that the only way to be a man is to be violent. They are by and large sperm donors to their own kids and they really show no more compassion than they were shown as children. This is just a large part of a bigger problem.

There are now in America a generation of young men that have had zero role models. They were single parented and that has lead to a huge uptick in the number of males, black & white that think that the only way to be a man is to be violent. They are by and large sperm donors to their own kids and they really show no more compassion than they were shown as children. This is just a large part of a bigger problem.

Well stated.

I agree with dkw post. I will also state this, and this is just my opinion about my and the guys I grew up with perspective. Regarding the only way to be a man is to be violent comment, standing up for myself and fighting is the only thing in my life that I've been able to do to see results. I've seen bad things happen to people that go out looking for fights, but when somebody is disrespecting you or trying to take advantage of you fighting is the only solution I've seen in life. I literally haven't ever seen somebody receive justice any other way. Police mess with you and you file a report nothing happens. When I went to school (Christian school of all places) was called the n word and told the teacher nothing happened.

It would help if a person could know if they are slighted there are different avenues besides fighting that works.

The problems in the black community are largely self inflicted. The family structure has been rendered practically non existant. With an out of wedlock birth rate standing at nearly 75% that is the biggest obstacle facing them.

The problems in the black community are largely self inflicted. The family structure has been rendered practically non existant. With an out of wedlock birth rate standing at nearly 75% that is the biggest obstacle facing them.

That's a problem no one can figure out how to fix. I recently had to do some research on some of the crappier Appalachia areas..... though they are mostly white you see the exact same problems. Most crimes go unreported, because police are either too afraid, or just don't care enough to police the area. dealing is one of the top occupations, and out of wedlock childbirth is sky high.

And you see the "self inflicted" part clearly there as well, as the ones screaming the loudest that they need help are also the ones illegally carrying and dealing to their neighbors. It's a sick cycle of wanting something better but only knowing how to provide for you and yours by doing unlawful work.

Do you decide not to listen to any problems because you deemed what is the problem white observing the black community

Mims...right and there is no easy answer unfortunately. But if some solution isn't found it's only grow into a frightening situation.

Mims...right and there is no easy answer unfortunately. But if some solution isn't found it's only grow into a frightening situation.

Something that is helping... a little at least is the military.

I didn't include it in my research as I've been told multiple times I am too biased towards the military, but I found that a lot of the people who made it out of those areas were ones who joined up when they hit 18. made some money and got free college for a BA.

The negative from that, at least from the few I talked to is; no one has the thought of going back to their crappy homes and helping improve it once they have made something of themselves, instead the general line I heard was "I made it out of that hell hole and I'm never going back"

Absolutely agree with you my friend. Absent fathers is the issue. I know this because I grew up without my father present.

Do you decide not to listen to any problems because you deemed what is the problem white observing the black community

You tell me then. Do you think that having that many kids born out of wedlock is acceptable? It's been proven time and again that children who have both a mother and father at home do much better and the whole family is better off economically and socially. Oh pardon me I forgot. It's my fault as a racist white man that blacks are in the position they're in. Silly me.

Mims....I certainly agree that the military route is a great way to go for many of these young men. And I agree it's amazing how many don't want to go back and help. I have a good friend who is a classic example of that. I don't get it. I help in small ways where can (tutoring, food programs, etc.) but that's not the same.

Mims....I certainly agree that the military route is a great way to go for many of these young men. And I agree it's amazing how many don't want to go back and help. I have a good friend who is a classic example of that. I don't get it. I help in small ways where can (tutoring, food programs, etc.) but that's not the same.

With the way the military has become infected with the political correctness, I honestly don't know that I could recommend it to someone. I suppose if you go in for a 4 or 6 year hitch and get your education taken care of then it's a good deal.

I can't really judge them as I did the exact same thing, I lived with multiple families around Camp Hill, Dadeville, Lafayette growing up. All poverty stricken.

I don't even live in state now, I joined the military, got my degree, working on a second one now. I think about going back some times, but I make good money here, my wife makes good money here, and my kids go to a blue ribbon school... The few times I do head back there I go solo and just for a few days to see how people are doing.... and it's been years since I even did that.

I can't really judge them as I did the exact same thing, I lived with multiple families around Camp Hill, Dadeville, Lafayette growing up. All poverty stricken.

I don't even live in state now, I joined the military, got my degree, working on a second one now. I think about going back some times, but I make good money here, my wife makes good money here, and my kids go to a blue ribbon school... The few times I do head back there I go solo and just for a few days to see how people are doing.... and it's been years since I even did that.

There are exceptions to everything but it's much more difficult for a child in a single parent home, especially if that child is black. The evidence is clear. It's not impossible to escape that situation but the odds are not in favor of it.

There are exceptions to everything but it's much more difficult for a child in a single parent home, especially if that child is black. The evidence is clear. It's not impossible to escape that situation but the odds are not in favor of it.

And the military is one of the easiest ways to allow someone escape. Of all the people I used to chill with, only the ones that went into the military made it out (minus one, who played college ball).

And that tended to go for both races as long as they were in the same level of poverty, though whites were a minority of the people I hung out with.

You tell me then. Do you think that having that many kids born out of wedlock is acceptable? It's been proven time and again that children who have both a mother and father at home do much better and the whole family is better off economically and socially. Oh pardon me I forgot. It's my fault as a racist white man that blacks are in the position they're in. Silly me.

A conversation could have been had until you wanted to be smart with a dumb statement at the end. Good ol Florence Alabama

A conversation could have been had until you wanted to be smart with a dumb statement at the end. Good ol Florence Alabama

I just followed your lead there pal. You're the one who keeps making excuses for the plight of black people in this country. You don't seem to think that a 72% out wedlock birth rate is a big deal. What else should I conclude? Liberal compassion has not helped at all. It has only exacerbated the problem by relieving men of their responsibility to take care of, financially, their families.

Nice insults cole.

Please shut up. You just insulted me not an hour ago. And I didn't insult him. I said that statement was dumb btw

Archived