Men vs. Mississippi State - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mason wasn't even looking at the MSU player. Ref just looking for something to assert himself. Typical SEC refs.

yes he was. On the initial comment he was looking directly at him. But, there's nothing in the rule book that says a technical is conditional on where the player is looking.

I realize the rule book doesn't say anything about looking at a player, but there's no need for a tech at this point in the game.

R-M with a drive shot, no good. waddell with a tip in. Auburn leads 25-24 and Waddell draws a charge. Auburn ball.

Last 3 plays, Waddell with the rebound, Waddell with the tip in, and Waddell with the drawn charge. Good stretch.

Mason wasn't even looking at the MSU player. Ref just looking for something to assert himself. Typical SEC refs.

yes he was. On the initial comment he was looking directly at him. But, there's nothing in the rule book that says a technical is conditional on where the player is looking.

I realize the rule book doesn't say anything about looking at a player, but there's no need for a tech at this point in the game.

That's exactly when you call it. Prevents anything from developing further, let's the players know its not going to be tolerated and its done in early in the game where the offending team has an opportunity to overcome it. Works out fine. would you rather them wait and call it with 30 seconds left in a close game? I'm guessing you've never been on the floor as an official when a fight breaks out?? It's called preventative officiating.

Offensive foul on Bowers. Now Bowers with a defensive rebound and gets fouled. shooting 2 under double bonus. 1st no good. 2nd good. Auburn leads 26-24

Bowers fouled and shooting two after the media timeout #:35 to play first half Auburn down 30-29

Guys have played pretty well....still haven't learned to shoot foul shots in their off days. Wonder what it will take to change those awkward shooting strokes?

ROss-Miller witha drive, shot, no good, harrell rebound, drive, basket and fouled. shooting 1 after the media timeout.

That's exactly when you call it. Prevents anything from developing further, let's the players know its not going to be tolerated and its done in early in the game where the offending team has an opportunity to overcome it. Works out fine. would you rather them wait and call it with 30 seconds left in a close game? I'm guessing you've never been on the floor as an official when a fight breaks out?? It's called preventative officiating.

No, but I have been on the floor plenty of times when guys pop off at other players without some ticky tack ref blowing his whistle at guys who are fired up. We aren't just going to agree on officiating, WT, especially SEC refs. I watch enough games from other conferences to know that SEC refs are different than other refs and are far too inconsistent. It is what it is, they say.

Archived