Baseball vs Mississippi State- Game 3

I agree on the pitching front. I am certain that's why the quick hook yesterday (a couple of times). I am still confident that Holliday can do the job with those guys.

The everyday lineup is solid with Gray at 2B and Haecker at 3B. I believe the obvious need to let Thompson hit will also have him at DH more often.

Agree...I think Holliday is off to a great start...his quick hook is probably based on the knowledge that the offense is not going to score a lot of runs and no point in letting a pitcher get in a big hole if he just doesn't seem to "have it".

On the other hand, he seems to let guys throw a lot of pitches as long as they are effective.....some concerns about how long Thompson pitched last week...though I'm not of the school that is wedded to the 100 pitch limit. Guess the idea of using Thompson strictly as a pitcher is to keep him as fresh as possible ...but yep, it's nice to have his bat too.

JMO but the defense is way ahead of last year and has not cost us as many runs (or games).

Look forward to seeing the team playing in June. It still can happen.

Archived