Somebody's source is lying about CTT

Boss

An article in today's Mobile Register by Randy Kennedy, who wrote....

"Auburn Coach Tommy Tuberville is interested in talking to LSU officials about the school's vacant head coaching job and would likely accept the position if offered, a source close to Tuberville told the Mobile Register Sunday Night. The source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told the Register that Tuberville wants the job and that his agent, Jimmy Sexton, has been contacted to guage his client's interest."

However, an article in today's Huntsville Times by Phillip Marshall contradicts that article...

"A source close to Tuberville told the Huntsville Times that, assuming the agreement on the new contract stands, Tuberville remains committed to staying at Auburn and does not plan to talk to LSU."

Somebody's source is not telling the truth!

I read both of these guy's articles on a daily basis and they seem to be good writers. However, in this case one of them has bad information.

Here's my point...everybody has sources, but many times these sources are actually nothing more than gossipmongers. In this case, you have two of the largest papers in the state with contradicting articles...something that doesn't happen very often.

I have a hard time believing that any coach would let it be known "they would be likely to accept a job if offered" when money has not even been discussed. His bargaining position would be greatly affected.

It seems today that so many schools are influenced by a single season. Tubbs has yet to prove that he can consistently win nine or ten regular season games per year. His track record is four losses per year. Thats why I think a Butch Davis who did a very good job at Miami and Beamer are much more proven commodities. They have consistantly won.

I'm thinking maybe the Mobile article is a little older because of the holiday. Maybe it was written closer to the time that Saban announced he was a fin but couldn't be published because of the holiday. The Huntsville article could be more recent...at least this is what I'd like to think. I can't believe these two state papers would post such contrasting stories like that...

Bertman might have some interest in CTT, but the fan base would go nuts if he was hired. I think Bertman was just putting out feelers threw the LSU fan base and the reaction to CTT was not very well received. I know a lot of you will laugh when I say this, but I really think LSU will make a very strong run at Jack Del Rio. He is only making 1.1 in Jac, his daughter goes to LSU, his wife is from LA, and he has a house in LA.

Now that satan has had his one year flash in the pan and has now skipped town, lsWHO will be on a level field with old miss. :D

If things go as I expect and the rumors printed by the Mobile Register and AJC turn out to be Bammer and Mutt propaganda, we should deny press credentials, interviews and any sort of access to reporters from those rags. Make it perfectly clear that if they choose to print baseless propaganda like that with the intent to create unrest among recruits and angst among alumini and fans, they will have to make up all their stories about AU sports or watch them on TV to get their first hand knowledge.

Archived