National Rankings in terms of win pct...

StatTiger

From 1995-1999:

UT: 4th

UF: 6th

Ala: 25th

UGA: 29th

Ole: 41st

LSU: 42nd

Aub: 43rd

MSU: 44th

Ark: 47th

UK: 68th

USC: 98th

Van: 105th

From 2000-2004:

UGA: 5th

LSU: 6th

UT: 13th

Aub: 15th

UF: 18th

Ole: 44th

Ark: 47th

USC: 50th

Ala: 65th

MSU: 95th

UK: 101st

Van: 114th

The next five years will determine if CTT has been good for Auburn or great. Are we reloading now or rebuilding?

Beat Va. Tech! :au::football::cheer:

Number of teams from each major conference in the top-20:

1995-1999:

ACC: 1

SEC: 2

B12: 3

B10: 4

East: 3

P10: 0

2000-2004:

ACC: 1

SEC: 5

B12: 3

B10: 2

East: 2

P10: 1

I realize Va. Tech and Miami are in the ACC now, but I counted them as Big East teams because of their 4 year run in the conference from 2000-2003. Way to go, SEC!!!!

Well, after what I've seen from our defense, I am convinced that we can reload on that side of the ball. I'm tempted to make the statement "You don't lose an All-American corner and an All-SEC safety and get better on defense," but after losing KD, DT, Reggie, DeMarco, and Spencer from last year and actually improving this year, I'll never doubt Chizik or CTT about defense again. On offense, I'm not so sure. It's a lot harder to do. Just as long as we aren't on any preseason magazine covers, right?

Longtrainn's post from ITAT...

It's all about perception. You're right, for some reason the media as well as LSU fans (and Bama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee fans as well) think that Auburn's rightful place in the universe is behind them. The only problem is that if that is indeed our rightful place, we've never been there. Auburn is as good a job as you'll find anywhere. It might be the best kept secret in college football. You can win here, and win big, as has been proven numerous times in the last quarter century ('83, 87, 88, 89, 93, 04). If you count 1993, we should have 6 SEC titles in 22 years. 

We could have (and in a couple cases should have) had National Championships 4 times in that span ('83, 88, 93, 04). Let's face it, we did win it in '83, and we were the only undefeated team in '93. In '88 you had the earthquake game, if we won that, we'd have beaten ND for the NC, and here in '04 we have a chance to finish undefeated as well. Don't believe everything you read or hear, this job is as good as any.

I thought I'd quote your entire post because it's a great perspective of Auburn's success over the past two decades. Don't forget how close we came to beating UT in the 1997 SECCG. Take away the missed FG against UF or the 4th down pass by UGA in 2002 and we would have played Georgia in the 02 SECCG.

I love to see this Stat.

Nice to see AU trending up and all other SEC schools trending DOWN! :lol:

Archived