Keegan Thompson

No way this is good news. Yes, others seem to be stepping up but there's never a good time to lose the ace of your pitching staff. Elbow and below usually= done for a long period of time. Four weeks or so at the least.

No way this is good news. Yes, others seem to be stepping up but there's never a good time to lose the ace of your pitching staff. Elbow and below usually= done for a long period of time. Four weeks or so at the least.

Yep...been out about 2 weeks now....could keep him out until the NCAA regionals get underway....that's about the end of May....total of about 6 weeks. JMO but AU has the ability to get there without him if a few things go right...meaning the rest of the staff does their jobs.

From someone who tore his rotator cuff and labrum from pitching my freshman year in college, I can tell you, this doesn't look good. From my experience, when it first happened, I shut it down for a few weeks on doctors and trainers recommendations. Then I started to lightly toss where it felt good and then back to full speed. I was fine for about a week and then the pain returned. MRI's showed only inflammation. This song and dance went on for about 2 months before Dr. Lemak decided to go in and take a look. A 30 minute procedure turned in to a 2 hour surgery. I don't know the medical terms, but after a few days of rest, inflammation goes down and the pain subsides. But once it gets heated up again, whatever is causing the pain returns. I don't know if he has a rotator cuff or labrum injury, but this sounds eerily familiar. The bad news is that if this is a rotator cuff issue, this season, and possibly next season are in jeopardy. Velocity really suffers as well. I went from low 90's to low 80's. Full recovery is probably a year to a year and a half process. Again, it could just be inflammation and just need rest, but I'm getting flashbacks right now. Anyways, WDE and beat those Cocks.

Oops!! Didn't see it was his elbow and not his shoulder. Well, that's actually better news IMHO. As long as nothing is torn, you can throw with a sore elbow. Shoulders are really scary. I feel better about his returning because major issues with elbows can be diagnosed easily. I think he'll be back.

What are the chances Golloway thinks he can get to a regional without Keegan and doesn't want him to hurt himself before regional play?

JMO but pretty good....win 2 of 3 against USCe and Bama and no matter what happens against UF and we are in. I don't think the two or three wins that he would bring to the party between now and the end of regular season will make the difference. The RPI is pretty strong and we won't get penalized much with a loss or two against the gators.

Again....just an opinion ..but no matter if the doc's give him a release for next week, if it were me, I would not pitch him until the SEC tourney at the earliest.

Archived