As Ramadi falls, Obama joins twitter !

AURaptor

"What apparently happened was that the Iraqi forces just showed no will to fight," Carter told CNN's Barbara Starr. "They were not outnumbered. In fact, they vastly outnumbered the opposing force, and yet they failed to fight, they withdrew from the site, and that says to me, and I think to most of us, that we have an issue with the will of the Iraqis to fight ISIL and defend themselves."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/24/politics/ashton-carter-isis-ramadi/index.html

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long will it take for the powers that be to recognize the current strategy (if there is one) isn't working and a new one is needed. How many months in the past year has ISIS lost ground.? None I think. They slowly march onward no matter how anyone tries to rationalize differently.

Carter defended the use of U.S. airstrikes as an effective part of the fight against the Islamic State group but said they are not a replacement for Iraqi forces willing to defend their country.

"We can participate in the defeat of ISIL," he said, using another acronym for Islamic State. "But we can't make Iraq ... a decent place for people to live — we can't sustain the victory, only the Iraqis can do that and, in particular in this case, the Sunni tribes to the West."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/39e04842ae7a48bdb03a9e0330e3b584/carter-says-iraqs-will-fight-issue-after-ramadi

Then Sarah Palin it is.

Lol... She had slipped off my radar.

Honest respectfull avatar of Obama vs honest respectfull avatar of Sarah. Nothing mocking either for one week. Sounds good for right in the heart of football season.

Then Sarah Palin it is.

Honest respectfull avatar of Obama vs honest respectfull avatar of Sarah. Nothing mocking either for one week. Sounds good for right in the heart of football season.

Hopefully sooner.

Then Sarah Palin it is.

Hopefully sooner.

True

Oh , it'll be reversed.

Any week, month , year now...

LOL... You are still convinced this is our battle.

U.S. troops and I give then two days tops. (In a recently captured and lightly fortified Ramadi) Iraq and its shadow of a military??? A little longer

I am willing to make an avatar bet if you are feeling froggy?

Less than 6 months and the Isis flags in Ramadi come down. You up for an "Obama smiling" avatar for one week???

6 months from May 15 ...wanna call it November 15th ? If Ramadi hasn't been liberated, what will YOU do ?

Bookmarked

I offer the choice of either sig or avatar, simply because avatars are so limited to size requirements.

If that's fine w/ you, aubfan.

And upon further review, I'd like to see a pic of Ted Cruz , instead of Sarah Palin. If it works out that way, of course.

PM Haider al-Abadi: Iraq will retake Ramadi 'in days'

25 May 2015 Last updated at 08:01 BST

Iraqi PM Haider al-Abadi has said that the city of Ramadi could be taken back from Islamic State militants "in days".

But he told the BBC's John Simpson that more support was needed from international coalition partners.

We shall see.

I offer the choice of either sig or avatar, simply because avatars are so limited to size requirements.

And upon further review, I'd like to see a pic of Ted Cruz , instead of Sarah Palin. If it works out that way, of course.

Iraqi PM Haider al-Abadi has said that the city of Ramadi could be taken back from Islamic State militants "in days".

But he told the BBC's John Simpson that more support was needed from international coalition partners.

We shall see.

Ted Cruz has one ugly mug but I'm fine with it. Its just a little fun.

For the record, I would like to see our military turned loose on Isis but I still fully understand and agree that Iraq needs to grow up and stand against Isis for themselves.

We shall see.

Ted Cruz has one ugly mug but I'm fine with it. Its just a little fun.

For the record, I would like to see our military turned loose on Isis but I still fully understand and agree that Iraq needs to grow up and stand against Isis for themselves.

i am back and forth within myself on what should be done about ISIS. The main question i have is what will happen if we crush ISIS? Will it be another acronym that takes its place? That region operates only with a ruthless dictator. Is democracy possible. If not why bother? We made a huge mistake and now it may be beyond repair.

I figured it out. I had it allll wrong. Obama isn't being reluctant because of his stance about the Gulf War in the first place. He's ALLOWING ISIS to go unchallenged so that it'll present a bigger problem for Iran.

Genius !

As Iran is backing Bashar in Syria, and trying to make life for them in Iraq miserable as well.

Go Obama !

BAGHDAD — As Iraqi forces gathered for a major offensive to try to take back the sprawling Sunni heartland of Anbar province, Islamic State terrorists struck first, unleashing a wave of suicide bombings that killed at least 17 soldiers.

The attacks outside the terrorist-held city of Fallujah were carried out just hours after the Iraqi government announced the start of a wide-scale operation to recapture areas under Islamic State control in the vast desert province that stretches to the border with Jordan.

The terrorists used a sandstorm that engulfed most of Iraq to execute the wave of bombings late Tuesday night, said Brig. Gen Saad Maan Ibrahim, spokesman for the Joint Military Command.

http://triblive.com/usworld/world/8452733-74/iraqi-islamic-state#ixzz3bORJvg9D

This may take a while...

• 1 month later...

Interesting timeframe, what with the Iranian deal apparently almost done.

Roger that. Keep fighting the good fight. I'll just leave you with a quote from Napoleon.

“There is no place in a fanatic's head where reason can enter.”

― Napoléon Bonaparte

I grow tired of the arrogance. I've never seen a person be wrong so often and so arrogant. Hide behind his statements weasel to try to win a debate...tired of it

That's Raptor's special gift. ;)

Only you can't cite even a single example where that's ever happened here.

• 1 month later...

Oh , it'll be reversed.

U.S. troops and I give then two days tops. (In a recently captured and lightly fortified Ramadi) Iraq and its shadow of a military??? A little longer

Less than 6 months and the Isis flags in Ramadi come down. You up for an "Obama smiling" avatar for one week???

6 months from May 15 ...wanna call it November 15th ? If Ramadi hasn't been liberated, what will YOU do ?

Bookmarked

Missed the 1/2 mark by a week or so. Less than 3 months to go.

Oh , it'll be reversed.

Bookmarked

Missed the 1/2 mark by a week or so. Less than 3 months to go.

It had occurred to me. I was hoping to surprise you both,. ;)

It had occurred to me. I was hoping to surprise you both,. ;)

Thanks. W/ football season, you may still get your chance. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I just heard some talk about the size of the Islamic State , how it has grown in the last 18 months. Ramadi came up, and the person who seemed to know what he was talking about, thought it would be well into next year before any attempt to retake it could be made.

• 1 month later...

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iraq's anti-terrorism forces regained control of a strategic area in Western Ramadi city in Anbar province.

On Saturday, an Iraqi security source said Iraq's anti-terrorism forces regained control of the district of train station in Ramadi city.

Meanwhile, the Iraqi forces also targeted ISIL terrorists in Eastern Ramadi, and killed three of them.

Separately, the Iraqi air raids destroyed an ISIL base and 2 vehicles in Western Anbar, Killing 9 terrorists.

On Friday, some 250 ISIL terrorists were killed in military operations in Ramadi city in Anbar province as the Iraqi forces regained control of Albu Hayat area.

Iraqi army, volunteer and tribal forces demolished the ISIL headquarters in the area of Albu Hayat in Ramadi on Friday and killed 250 Takfiri terrorists.

Some 15 ISIL vehicles were also destroyed in the region.

Well, it's a start, at least. But until the city if free of ISIS control...

Time to pay up.

• 1 year later...
On May 19, 2015 at 7:18 AM, AURaptor said:

Shows he's more concerned with social media than what the JV team is doing.

Has the WH released it's summer concert series list yet ?

Raptor rails at Obama for using twitter. Blindly supports candidate twitter for President.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Raptor rails at Obama for using twitter. Blindly supports candidate twitter for President.

Apples and oranges. You really are looking for straws which simply don't even exist. 

I never supported Trump for President, until after the GOP convention. I donated no money to his campaign. As I've stated, several times, Ted Cruz was my choice. When the the political landscape changed to the point that it was either Hillary or Trump, I chose Trump.  I would gladly do so again, as he clearly is the better choice of the 2 who ran who had any real shot at winning. 

So, where exactly did I ever display this " blind support " you claim I had for Trump ? 

I'll hang up and listen. 

* ETA - and of course, you completely miss the point, on purpose, I was making about Obama. As PRESIDENT, already, he chose the very day ISIS took Ramadi to announce what ? He had joined Twitter !!! Private citizen Trump, long before winning the election, had been utilizing Twitter to run rings around the MSM. He's a freakin' genius, like him or not, in how he was able to MAKE the news, not just be a pawn in what the MSM chose to cover. 

In just about every way conceivable, you've failed at this attempted comparison between Trump and Obama. 

Archived