Selection Monday

Thanks for the stats POD.

Note that AU pitchers have only given up 27 home runs this year against a schedule that includes some serious power teams like UF, Tex AM, Vandy and LSU. Might be kidding myself, but I'm not worried about Charleston's power numbers or their hitting in general. The bigger ballpark probably favors AU.

Considering our hitting this season, my concern is their starting pitcher .....and our ability to string hits together.

^^This^^ in a big way.

By the way, North Carolina got hosed. Selection committee must have thought "Oh yeah, we forgot about them..." when asked why they were left out.

34-24 overall, 13-16 in the ACC, RPI of 28 and SOS of 7. Ends a streak of 13 consecutive years.

By the way, North Carolina got hosed. Selection committee must have thought "Oh yeah, we forgot about them..." when asked why they were left out.

34-24 overall, 13-16 in the ACC, RPI of 28 and SOS of 7. Ends a streak of 13 consecutive years.

Agree...an interesting "oversight"....and seeing that "oversight", made me feel better about AU getting selected. To overlook UNC...or AU with those RPI and SOS numbers would basically throw cold water on any benefit a team might gain from playing a strong OOC schedule.

BUT...as for UNC-CH...noting that they just received a "letter" from the NCAA after that long investigation makes me wonder if someone was thinking....these guys are going on lifetime probation soon and no point in letting them ruin someone's season now. ..just wonderin'

I'm going to surprise our 3 little baseball-crazed first graders with tickets to the noon Friday AU vs. C of C game. Forecast is for clear, hot, snow cone weather.

I'm going to surprise our 3 little baseball-crazed first graders with tickets to the noon Friday AU vs. C of C game. Forecast is for clear, hot, snow cone weather.

You got TRIPLETS????????

Lucky you....lucky them....hope it's a memorable day for all. :bananadance: .

Archived