2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

i am not sure how you could spend 5 days in auburn and not leave loving the place.

Ask Martez Ivey. He had a 5 day visit to AU last summer and did not love AU, well at least not as much as Florida.

Florida was Ivey's dream school he grew up a Gator fan. The fact that he had so much trouble deciding between the two meant Auburn had a heck of an impact on him.

And Ivey was pretty much "you are our savior "recuit for UF. Huge guilt trip placed on him.

I can verify this and Auburn made it a very difficult decision. He was so relived when recruiting was finish and he had signed on the dotted line. In the end Tez is happy and that's what's important.

Saying all that Tez has a tremendous amount of pressure at UF to be a stud starter ASAP. UF has no and I mean no offensive linemen with any experience .

Yes, and I can double verify this from what I was told during his recruitment. He was suppose to come to AU with cowart, holland, and Patterson. Which would have made this class even more unreal. But we all know what happened in the end

Don't you mean Jefferson? And I never heard Tez being part of any package/group deal. He seldom if ever interacted with Cowart and Hollard on social media or on recruiting trips to my knowledge.

Yes Jefferson, my mistake. But yes he had told cowart that they were coming. Cowart had said this in his post recruiting interview

This

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am not sure how you could spend 5 days in auburn and not leave loving the place.

Ask Martez Ivey. He had a 5 day visit to AU last summer and did not love AU, well at least not as much as Florida.

Florida was Ivey's dream school he grew up a Gator fan. The fact that he had so much trouble deciding between the two meant Auburn had a heck of an impact on him.

And Ivey was pretty much "you are our savior "recuit for UF. Huge guilt trip placed on him.

I can verify this and Auburn made it a very difficult decision. He was so relived when recruiting was finish and he had signed on the dotted line. In the end Tez is happy and that's what's important.

Saying all that Tez has a tremendous amount of pressure at UF to be a stud starter ASAP. UF has no and I mean no offensive linemen with any experience .

Yes, and I can double verify this from what I was told during his recruitment. He was suppose to come to AU with cowart, holland, and Patterson. Which would have made this class even more unreal. But we all know what happened in the end

Don't you mean Jefferson? And I never heard Tez being part of any package/group deal. He seldom if ever interacted with Cowart and Hollard on social media or on recruiting trips to my knowledge.

Yes Jefferson, my mistake. But yes he had told cowart that they were coming. Cowart had said this in his post recruiting interview

ok but I can say with certainty Tez never told BC that at least that is what I was told by the man child's mouth.

Uhhh...This.

Who cares..... Isn't this about Gary ....always a pissing contest around here

Gary from accounting? Man, he brought the BEST homemade salsa to the office potluck. We all asked for the recipe, but he said, "A magician never reveals his secrets." Hah! That Gary, what a card.

ok but I can say with certainty Tez never told BC that at least that is what I was told by the man child's mouth.

Uhhh...This.

I'm pretty sure I read an article about Tez after signing day and Tez explicitly said he couldn't live in Alabama. Our coaches were much strung along and played.

Who cares..... Isn't this about Gary ....always a pissing contest around here

Gary from accounting? Man, he brought the BEST homemade salsa to the office potluck. We all asked for the recipe, but he said, "A magician never reveals his secrets." Hah! That Gary, what a card.

LMAO, :bow: :bow: :bow:

He will come to Auburn once he sees how much fun it is flying off at the DE position into opponents backfield early and often like BC and Mr. Lawson will be doing this coming fall.

'm pretty sure I read an article about Tez after signing day and Tez explicitly said he couldn't live in Alabama. Our coaches were much strung along and played

I never saw Tez say it that way. I read him say he was a Florida boy and wanted to stay close to home. I disagree with the our staff was strung along and played. They did a hell of a job making it as xlose as it actually was. His heart and the in state guilt trip pressure just won out.

"But Gary, you told me you were combing your hair !!!!!" -- line from the 1985 movie Weird Science

To think that back in the 80's, we thought she looked good.

'm pretty sure I read an article about Tez after signing day and Tez explicitly said he couldn't live in Alabama. Our coaches were much strung along and played

I never saw Tez say it that way. I read him say he was a Florida boy and wanted to stay close to home. I disagree with the our staff was strung along and played. They did a hell of a job making it as xlose as it actually was. His heart and the in state guilt trip pressure just won out.

Maybe it is just a matter of different perspectives but IMO Auburn gave it their best shot on Martez and it never was good enough because Martez wanted to stay in Florida. To me, that is a textbook definition of being strung along. But like I said, it may just be a difference of perspectives.

Maybe it is just a matter of different perspectives but IMO Auburn gave it their best shot on Martez and it never was good enough because Martez wanted to stay in Florida. To me, that is a textbook definition of being strung along. But like I said, it may just be a difference of perspectives.

It definitely difference in perspectives. Tez is not the kind of person to string along Auburn especially with CC involved. Auburn and CC knew from the start they were second but they gave it their best shot and it almost worked. Until the last week of signing day Tez had not made up his mind 100% even CC's parents who Tez lived with the last year at Apopka had no idea were he was going on signing day. I can assure you Auburn was not played Tez wouldn't even know how to do that.

WTF does any of this have to do with Rashan Gary. Geez, guys, even the Mods are drawn into this off-topic bickering. Does every thread have to get converted into a multi-page pizzing contest over something that occurred in the past?

It definitely difference in perspectives. Tez is not the kind of person to string along Auburn especially with CC involved. Auburn and CC knew from the start they were second but they gave it their best shot and it almost worked. Until the last week of signing day Tez had not made up his mind 100% even CC's parents who Tez lived with the last year at Apopka had no idea were he was going on signing day. I can assure you Auburn was not played Tez wouldn't even know how to do that.

You obviously know Tez better than I do. That's fine.

WTF does any of this have to do with Rashan Gary. Geez, guys, even the Mods are drawn into this off-topic bickering. Does every thread have to get converted into a multi-page pizzing contest over something that occurred in the past?

It slow as molasses this time of year got to talk about something but your correct. Like I said in an earlier post I think we have a real shot at this kid with LT recruiting the area. At least for now.

Lance gives us someone who knows his way around some places AU hasn't typically recruited.

And he knows some tricks...and such.

It slow as molasses this time of year got to talk about something but your correct. Like I said in an earlier post I think we have a real shot at this kid with LT recruiting the area. At least for now.

Exactiy. Unless there is news on Gary, discussing known news ad nauseam gets old pretty quick. Except for now. Any talk is appreciated period

Jeff, Golf was in charge of seeing that both Chandler Cox and Tez both went to AU last year. He lives in the same area. Cox and Tez are best friends. Like brothers, so Tez did have a decision to make that was not so easy. They both seem like great kids. I think both will be very, very good players.

I think we could all use some good music...........time for Gary from accounting to get with it.............

Well done. And RIP, Stevie Ray. If anybody hasn't seen Live at the El Mocambo, I recommend you remedy that.

Jeff, Golf was in charge of seeing that both Chandler Cox and Tez both went to AU last year. He lives in the same area. Cox and Tez are best friends. Like brothers, so Tez did have a decision to make that was not so easy. They both seem like great kids. I think both will be very, very good players.

Yeah, I know this. Hence my last post.

Archived