2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

Back to Gary for at least a minute. I have watched some of high highlights from The Opening. He is wicked quick off the line and his initial contact is violent. Kid will be a star in college.

The article quoted above cited good "get-off". I like the way you phrased it better ;)

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great day and showing for RG at The Opening...

http://247sports.com/Article/The-Opening-Thursday-OLDL-top-performers-38132992

Alpha Dog

Every year at The Opening there is one prospect that you need to make sure you watch on every rep or else you might miss something spectacular. This year that guy is Rashan Gary. Every time Gary takes a snap, whether it's during the run period or the pass-rush period, there's a different speed and a different intensity level on display. Brett Heggie was chirping at Gary at center and Gary proceeded to beat him twice in a row in pass rushes as a 1-technique. He was unblockable as a 3-tech too and he looks right at home rushing from the edge as well. That versatility means that Auburn, Alabama and Michigan – the perceived leaders at the moment – all would be great fits for him.

Man that dude is mature and intelligent as well...I REALLY hope we can pull this one off

Gary has been dominant at The Opening. He can be a potential game changer at any of the DL positions. I think by far the best HS player in the country. Sure hope he chooses to play with the good guys. I think he would love AU!

Mom loves Auburn

And Harbaugh at Michigan.

Someone should play her his Colin Cowherd interview from last week. Sounds like a real winner in the living room.

Mom loves Auburn

Someone should play her his Colin Cowherd interview from last week. Sounds like a real winner in the living room.

I think that myopic, football freak persona actually works in his favor. "I don't have time for stupid talk show questions because FOOTBAWWWWWWW."

I really, truly hope that dude never steps in my living room, but I imagine it would be a much more lively experience than that Cowherd non-terview.

Mom loves Auburn

I think that myopic, football freak persona actually works in his favor. "I don't have time for stupid talk show questions because FOOTBAWWWWWWW."

I really, truly hope that dude never steps in my living room, but I imagine it would be a much more lively experience than that Cowherd non-terview.

Yeah, I'm sure he's actually great when he wants to be, but I could never see myself playing for him. To me he reminds me of that friend we all had growing up who we would mess with just to watch his short fuse go off and then stand back and laugh at the fireworks. You like that person because they'll do anything for you, but other times you wish you didn't know the guy. Anyway, he's got a great track record. Just not my cup of tea.

Mom loves Auburn

Yeah, I'm sure he's actually great when he wants to be, but I could never see myself playing for him. To me he reminds me of that friend we all had growing up who we would mess with just to watch his short fuse go off and then stand back and laugh at the fireworks. You like that person because they'll do anything for you, but other times you wish you didn't know the guy. Anyway, he's got a great track record. Just not my cup of tea.

Mine either. Love the analogy! Those friends were exhausting. Always calling, maintaining uncomfortable eye contact until you agreed with whatever they were talking about...

He can coach but he's not at San Fran anymore because grown men wouldn't be handled and talked to in THAT much of a controlling manner. If you go to play for him expect to have a dictator for 3-4 years, depending on how good you are

He can coach but he's not at San Fran anymore because grown men wouldn't be handled and talked to in THAT much of a controlling manner. If you go to play for him expect to have a dictator for 3-4 years, depending on how good you are

Hasn't hurt recruiting in turdtown.

EDIT: Which doesn't contradict your point. I couldn't imagine playing for somebody like that, but choosing a football program is more and more a business decision these days.

Hasn't hurt recruiting in turdtown.

EDIT: Which doesn't contradict your point. I couldn't imagine playing for somebody like that, but choosing a football program is more and more a business decision these days.

No it doesn't hurt recruiting at all. From what I understand Michigan's recruiting is going great right now. The thought of this guy knows EXACTLY what it takes to get me to the league supersedes most things. And as far as Michigan goes I mean their academics is up there pretty high. He has the best of both worlds to use for recruiting.

The more I have seen of Rashan the more I want him and the same for Atwuan. They would really fill our needs at DT.

@ToddHuberSS: Will download all my thoughts on #TheOpening this week, but 1st, the easiest one. Rashan Gary is the best DL to ever come through this event

@JShankerESPN: @ToddHuberSS who else is in The all-time convo?

@ToddHuberSS: @JShankerESPN Per coach Lang, Wiley and myself. Rashan, Kahlil M., A'Shawn Robinson, Byron Cowart, Sheldon Day, Eddie Vanderdoes.

@ToddHuberSS: Will download all my thoughts on #TheOpening this week, but 1st, the easiest one. Rashan Gary is the best DL to ever come through this event

@JShankerESPN: @ToddHuberSS who else is in The all-time convo?

@ToddHuberSS: @JShankerESPN Per coach Lang, Wiley and myself. Rashan, Kahlil M., A'Shawn Robinson, Byron Cowart, Sheldon Day, Eddie Vanderdoes.

Nice. It would be wonderful to have Cowart and Gary from the alltimer list.

I'd love to see AU sign DL Rashan Gary and OL EJ Price. But if I can only pick one, I'd go for Rashan Gary.

Archived