2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

i am not sure how you could spend 5 days in auburn and not leave loving the place.

Ask Martez Ivey. He had a 5 day visit to AU last summer and did not love AU, well at least not as much as Florida.

Florida was Ivey's dream school he grew up a Gator fan. The fact that he had so much trouble deciding between the two meant Auburn had a heck of an impact on him.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am not sure how you could spend 5 days in auburn and not leave loving the place.

Ask Martez Ivey. He had a 5 day visit to AU last summer and did not love AU, well at least not as much as Florida.

A 5 day trip is hard to turn around a lifetime of love for another school. I am certain Tez likes AU. His love for Florida was too big to overcome. Not sure if this guy from Jersey has the same love for Michigan or not.

Florida was Ivey's dream school he grew up a Gator fan. The fact that he had so much trouble deciding between the two meant Auburn had a heck of an impact on him.

Bingo (not that Butthead was being literal or was unaware of exceptions).

I know. I was just playing Devil's Advocate.

Right, and the other side of your point is that even if a recruit comes onto Auburn's campus and loves it, that doesn't mean he isn't going to feel the same way elsewhere. There are several campuses in the SEC that I'm very fond of.

Right, and the other side of your point is that even if a recruit comes onto Auburn's campus and loves it, that doesn't mean he isn't going to feel the same way elsewhere. There are several campuses in the SEC that I'm very fond of.

You read me like a book often times, and this is one of them.

I used to think maybe this school or that school had the best looking girls. Finally I realized that we're all winners in the SEC.

I used to think maybe this school or that school had the best looking girls. Finally I realized that we're all winners in the SEC.

I've spent some time in Nashville, and I beg to differ. 13/14?

LOL, fair enough. And I haven't been to Fayetteville. But I was in Lexington a couple weeks ago and even there I almost got in a couple wrecks. (Side note: if you're ever there on a Thursday in the summer, go downtown for a drink at the Bluegrass Tavern and enjoy the walk from car to bar and back. If you like bourbon, take Uber, because you're going to want more than one. Best bourbon bar I've been to and, if the people who make such lists are to be trusted, one of the best in the country. Sorry, /threadjack, I'm just still giddy over what a cool experience I had there.)

Dear Gary from accounting: if you like girls more than bourbon, come to Auburn. If you like bourbon more than girls, then by all means, keep your options open.

LOL, fair enough. And I haven't been to Fayetteville. But I was in Lexington a couple weeks ago and even there I almost got in a couple wrecks. (Side note: if you're ever there on a Thursday in the summer, go downtown for a drink at the Bluegrass Tavern and enjoy the walk from car to bar and back. If you like bourbon, take Uber, because you're going to want more than one. Best bourbon bar I've been to and, if the people who make such lists are to be trusted, one of the best in the country. Sorry, /threadjack, I'm just still giddy over what a cool experience I had there.)

Dear Gary from accounting: if you like girls more than bourbon, come to Auburn. If you like bourbon more than girls, then by all means, keep your options open.

:bow:

and, for what its worth, I've never had a bad time in Fayetteville. Dickson street is highly recommended.

and, for what its worth, I've never had a bad time in Fayetteville. Dickson street is highly recommended.

10-4. I have a feeling I can trust your opinion on such matters.

I spent some years in Lexington. Nice area. The university has a nice, but small central campus, but it has declined academically in recent decade. Go to UK for basketball and booze, not football and fems.

Other than USC, the only offers mentioned in the OP seem to be eastern schools (although I did get the "among others" caveat). But has he expressed a particular disinterest in going west of the Mississippi? I can't imagine other Big-12 or Pac-12 schools haven't offered the #1 recruit in the nation unless they know it's a waste of time.

And Ivey was pretty much "you are our savior "recuit for UF. Huge guilt trip placed on him.

And Ivey was pretty much "you are our savior "recuit for UF. Huge guilt trip placed on him.

I can verify this and Auburn made it a very difficult decision. He was so relived when recruiting was finish and he had signed on the dotted line. In the end Tez is happy and that's what's important.

Saying all that Tez has a tremendous amount of pressure at UF to be a stud starter ASAP. UF has no and I mean no offensive linemen with any experience .

I'm glad you said that. I always had a sneaking suspicion that Martez was pretty much shamed into going to UF by having his "loyalty" questioned.

I'm glad that Gary from accounting won't have that kind of pressure on him. Well, I'm operating on the assumption that the handful of Rutgers Joeys who care about football probably won't apply the same full court press that the Jorts Nation could/would/has.

I can verify this and Auburn made it a very difficult decision. He was so relived when recruiting was finish and he had signed on the dotted line. In the end Tez is happy and that's what's important.

Saying all that Tez has a tremendous amount of pressure at UF to be a stud starter ASAP. UF has no and I mean no offensive linemen with any experience .

Yes, and I can double verify this from what I was told during his recruitment. He was suppose to come to AU with cowart, holland, and Patterson. Which would have made this class even more unreal. But we all know what happened in the end

Yes, and I can double verify this from what I was told during his recruitment. He was suppose to come to AU with cowart, holland, and Patterson. Which would have made this class even more unreal. But we all know what happened in the end

Don't you mean Jefferson? And I never heard Tez being part of any package/group deal. He seldom if ever interacted with Cowart and Hollard on social media or on recruiting trips to my knowledge.

Don't you mean Jefferson? And I never heard Tez being part of any package/group deal. He seldom if ever interacted with Cowart and Hollard on social media or on recruiting trips to my knowledge.

Yes Jefferson, my mistake. But yes he had told cowart that they were coming. Cowart had said this in his post recruiting interview

Yes Jefferson, my mistake. But yes he had told cowart that they were coming. Cowart had said this in his post recruiting interview

ok but I can say with certainty Tez never told BC that at least that is what I was told by the man child's mouth.

Now lets get to back to talking about the, hopefully, good possibilities of Gary coming to Auburn.

This kind of guy could just about make a recruiting class....though would be nice to have at least one more like him.

Other than USC, the only offers mentioned in the OP seem to be eastern schools (although I did get the "among others" caveat). But has he expressed a particular disinterest in going west of the Mississippi? I can't imagine other Big-12 or Pac-12 schools haven't offered the #1 recruit in the nation unless they know it's a waste of time.

He does want to make a West Coast tour but to my knowledge mom has not signed off on that yet.

Archived