Where is the Outcry? Everybody Afraid of Gangs?

Your're putting too much work into this thread. PT just posted it to counter thr CBF debate and Raptor is just looking for a way to blame Obama.

And that's how you see the world. All in defense of Obama, even when he's not being attacked, or as some " counter " to the phony CBF " debate ", which is nothing less than mass hysteria, generated by a politically driven agenda.

Uh huh...

ddd252226cc0bfd596ca4c507331cd8d.jpg

Irrelevant photo from 50+ years ago had zero to do w/ the murder of 9 in Charleston by 1 lone twisted , drug addled loser who will face the full brunt of the law, and hopefully lose his life for his actions.

Like I said in another thread. When the weekend death-toll in Chicago pops up.... and here it is.

Kids on the street of Chicago are nothing but a political talking point for many. Just something to throw in the others face. Except when they do a presentation on Auburn, then they matter.

Those neighborhoods suck. Yes, I have been down there.

You look at more than just one news source you will see the people of that neighborhood speaking out against the violence, talking about how can anyone shoot into a bunch of children (were like 20-30 kids), the local pastor on the streets consoling the victims and speaking out against the violence and offering rewards to anyone bringing information to the police. So there are people there that do care.

Look at the father though. Forty something arrests, high ranking gang member, and even now with his sons death he is refusing to cooperate with the police in the investigation. That is not going to help the problem and is representative of a major issue in Chicago in these neighborhoods. Part of it cause CPD are dicks, and part of it is men like this kids father would rather go for street justice.

And where do these gangs get their income...... drugs. What do they fight over.... territory to sell the drugs. Who are their best customers...... whites kids from the burbs. So if you really want to go after the system then you need to go after the customers also that make the gangs their money. Funny thing is that gun sales for home protection will spike the next couple weeks with the white burbs. The gun nuts will convince people that all this is going to spread to their neighborhoods to get people to make purchases. Lol, when it is their own kids that are going into the city and purchasing the drugs, or even dealing for the gangs. The gangs don't have to go out there.

This kid is the exact reason I made donations and volunteered time to organizations that try and provide off the street programs for kids in that area. Which has been mocked more than once. Who else here has done anything to try and make a difference in those lives except bitch on a message board for a political agenda? Betting not a single other person here, and I'm not counting the getting involved cause there was a presentation on Auburn.

You guys should be ashamed for using a little kids death to complain about the confederate flag for one. But then again you guys are also right. More effort and outcry will go into a flag than dealing with the issues that result in the deaths of innocent children.

Really sad part is that I have probably done more to address/help the violence in these neighborhoods and black on black crime than over half the African Americans in this country. Then I also bet that over half the whites that sit around and say why wont someone do something would mock me for doing it. Catch 22..............I miss the Canyon :kiss3:/>

Waaay too much thought for this thread, just look at the first reply after this post lol. You should think about who you're arguing with here and save this for people who are inclined to listen.

Argue with raptor long enough I bet it will come down to him saying I am right and you are wrong and that's it

Argue with raptor long enough I bet it will come down to him saying I am right and you are wrong and that's it

Doesn't take long at all for you to bail out and cry...

chris-crocker.jpg

" Leave Obama ALONE !! ".

Regardless of the topic.

See what I mean? This guy is a loser. Hey raptor what's your favorite flavor of ice cream. Raptor response I hate Obama.....Raptor what's your favorite food?? Raptor Obama used a double negative in a sentence?? I told you all he would destroy the country! Raptor what's your favorite color? Raptor response, Rush Limbaugh is the greatest radio host of our time. He hasn't EVER said anything wrong he is a genius...

'free' ice cream is my favorite.

Grilled bbq chicken might be my fav food.

Green is my favorite color.

If you don't like that white kids from the burbs are their best customers then that is too bad, cause it is a truthful fact. They got more money, and they pay higher prices

Still doesn't negate the fact that he one who pulled the trigger was responsible for the death.

The " yeah, but society is to blame " tactic is the same b.s. which keeps real change from taking place. Sure, you are factually correct. illegal drugs are involved in the chain of events. But we've had illegal drugs for as long as we've had laws against them. The behavior of murdering innocents to defend one's turf , or what ever the hell else anyone wants to excuse away, doesn't fully explain the uptick in shootings in Chicago.

A town where guns are illegal as well.

Oh, yeah, the cops are dicks too. Right. Blame them.

Here's a better idea. Arm the citizens.

I have not negated that.

Go watch the full video with the commissioner, not the the little blurb you get from this one. He specifically addresses all the break downs in the justice system that he thinks were involved in causing this and says those need to be fixed. The one where he stands there with the 22 pages of that guys criminal record and shows it to the press. So if you are going to go after the entire system and its breakdowns then you have to include the customers.

You are 100% correct. The kids father chose a life of crime with a violent organization and his choice of lifestyle resulted in the death of the child. The commissioner said that also, course the funny thing is that he is now taking heat for saying that. The fathers lifestyle/actions got that kid killed.

I blamed both sides. I blame the father for future violence in that area cause he will not cooperate with the police and help them with the investigation. He wants street justice and as such he is a direct cause to violence there. Yes I put a share of blame on CPD for people not wanting to cooperate with them from those neighborhoods. There are those officers that have caused trust issues through their own illegal interactions in those neighborhoods.

You do know it is legal to conceal carry in Chicago and has been for over a year now right?

I didn't know it was legal to * conceal carry. I thought all guns were illegal in Chicago. If you must have a permit, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that those who did the shootings and killings, ALL of them, weren't licensed to carry.

* The Illinois State Police Department issues permits for the concealed carry of handguns to qualified applicants age 21 or older who pass a 16-hour training course, the longest of any state.[17] Illinois law says that the state police "shall issue" a permit to a qualified applicant. However, any law enforcement agency can object to an individual being granted a permit "based upon a reasonable suspicion that the applicant is a danger to himself or herself or others, or a threat to public safety". Objections are considered by a Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board, which decides whether or not the permit will be issued, based on "a preponderance of the evidence".[18][16][19] Under revised rules implemented in July 2014, the Review Board notifies the applicant by mail of the basis of the objection and identifies the agency that brought it.[20]

Of all the shootings last weekend, I bet not ONE of them was done by a permit carrying gun owner.

I didn't know it was legal to * conceal carry. I thought all guns were illegal in Chicago. If you must have a permit, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that those who did the shootings and killings, ALL of them, weren't licensed to carry.

* The Illinois State Police Department issues permits for the concealed carry of handguns to qualified applicants age 21 or older who pass a 16-hour training course, the longest of any state.[17] Illinois law says that the state police "shall issue" a permit to a qualified applicant. However, any law enforcement agency can object to an individual being granted a permit "based upon a reasonable suspicion that the applicant is a danger to himself or herself or others, or a threat to public safety". Objections are considered by a Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board, which decides whether or not the permit will be issued, based on "a preponderance of the evidence".[18][16][19] Under revised rules implemented in July 2014, the Review Board notifies the applicant by mail of the basis of the objection and identifies the agency that brought it.[20]

Of all the shootings last weekend, I bet not ONE of them was done by a permit carrying gun owner.

Changed it in 2012 I think it was. Went effect in 2014. They actually tried to credit the lower rate of crime to the changed law during the first quarter of 2014. Turned out it was really the record cold winter that contributed to the decreases cause as soon as the weather got warm it went back to business as usual.

Maybe not all of the shootings. There have been some incidents with people shooting home invaders and a uber driver shot a armed man also that were legally licensed. But you would be mostly correct as most of the shootings will be gang related and the majority of them would not be able to legally obtain a permit.

Same as in Dallas, Tx or in Columbus, Ga.

The reason I laugh about the guns in the burbs is just cause of how they do it. They convince the people out there that these gangs are going to essentially sign a treaty, unionize, and load up and head out to the burbs and go nuts. They do it with the single purpose of just pushing product. Maybe one day that will happen. But right now it doesn't have to as like I have said before your blonde white 16 year old daughter can drive into Englwood in a brand new BMW 5 series and nobody is going to touch her or her car. They know she is there to buy, and they know if they mess with her then they messed with someones business.

Bingo. Sadly, PC prevents Truth...

Archived