2017 4* DB Tray Bishop (UGA 1/1/17)

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I hate UGA. If he doesn't come back to AU (from the article I read, we aren't even an option anymore) then please go to Florida. 

I hate kirby with a passion. from how he looks like a complete goober with that cheap 5 dollar haircut to how he continues to be a pain in the butt on the trail against us. He is known as one of the best negative recruiters out there. 

The company line about "the coaches feel confident about keeping him" or "the coaches feel good about where we stand with this recruit" is going to get really old in this class. I'm super pumped that we got Stidham! But I don't expect much better than a top 15 class (will be worst class in Malzahn era on paper).

9 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

The company line about "the coaches feel confident about keeping him" or "the coaches feel good about where we stand with this recruit" is going to get really old in this class. I'm super pumped that we got Stidham! But I don't expect much better than a top 15 class (will be worst class in Malzahn era on paper).

thats what happens with a whole year of negative recruiting absolutely killing us and then us having the kind of season that does not hurt us any more but also not exactly help us to silence the doubters. I think we sneak in the top 10 but we will not close strong as usual.

10 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

You're wrong... and you're melting over a recruit we knew was decommiting. We'll be top 10. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

thats what happens with a whole year of negative recruiting absolutely killing us and then us having the kind of season that does not hurt us any more but also not exactly help us to silence the doubters. I think we sneak in the top 10 but we will not close strong as usual.

I honestly think even though we didn't take advantage of the down year in the SEC, We can take advantage in recruiting though. Not many teams are offering the future we can sell. We got to the freaking sugar bowl with a mediocre record, an up down season, lots of young talent, and a rising defense to be reckoned with... We have talent coming in as well.We are in a lot better shape than others. We didn't jump out early like we have in the past but we can close well if we beat OK.

At a glance....Texas A&M has some things to sell, but not a QB D1 football film like Stidham. (I think they could be the easiest target to negatively recruit imo) LSU does have talent but not producing on O (pun intended). UGA will win small recruiting battles, but didn't show any progress after Richt, UF is decent but they are East and their offense is still terrible. SC is still SC and a couple years away with that young QB with no other talent. Tenn, nope. Ark is not in a better position than us. Ole Miss is a big question mark.

We should close with a top ten and will be the second favorites to win the SEC. Mark that one down for media days. We have a lot to sell. Let's hope Gus follows through. 

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I honestly think even though we didn't take advantage of the down year in the SEC, We can take advantage in recruiting though. Not many teams are offering the future we can sell. We got to the freaking sugar bowl with a mediocre record, an up down season, lots of young talent, and a rising defense to be reckoned with... We have talent coming in as well.We are in a lot better shape than others. We didn't jump out early like we have in the past but we can close well if we beat OK.

At a glance....Texas A&M has some things to sell, but not a QB D1 football film like Stidham. (I think they could be the easiest target to negatively recruit imo) LSU does have talent but not producing on O (pun intended). UGA will win small recruiting battles, but didn't show any progress after Richt, UF is decent but they are East and their offense is still terrible. SC is still SC and a couple years away with that young QB with no other talent. Tenn, nope. Ark is not in a better position than us. Ole Miss is a big question mark.

We should close with a top ten and will be the second favorites to win the SEC. Mark that one down for media days. We have a lot to sell. Let's hope Gus follows through. 

georgia is recruiting lights out. Kirby scares me on the trail. We won a lot of recruiting battles with richt even if we did not beat him on the field that much. As much as I DESPISE bowl cut he can recruit and he plays dirty. We have not recruited as well in georgia this year and georgia has not walled off the state of georgia in recruiting like this in a long time. I really hope 7-5 is the norm for them and not the exception.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

georgia is recruiting lights out. Kirby scares me on the trail. We won a lot of recruiting battles with richt even if we did not beat him on the field that much. As much as I DESPISE bowl cut he can recruit and he plays dirty. We have not recruited as well in georgia this year and georgia has not walled off the state of georgia in recruiting like this in a long time. I really hope 7-5 is the norm for them and not the exception.

True. But Georgia has always hauled in recruiting, it's led to big expectations  and have never produced. One of the reasons they finally cut the cord. 

They are the biggest pain for me these days because we've lost to their mediocre teams. At least Alabama was beating every one else as well. 

Another down year from Smart though will help us. We get them at home next year. 

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

True. But Georgia has always hauled in recruiting, it's led to big expectations  and have never produced. One of the reasons they finally cut the cord. 

They are the biggest pain for me these days because we've lost to their mediocre teams. At least Alabama was beating every one else as well. 

Another down year from Smart though will help us. We get them at home next year. 

we always got talent in georgia under richt is what I am saying. Look at our commit list difference in this year vs last year. granted still 2 months to go but man they have walled georgia off so far. And unlike last year we are not looking as good with the elite prospects heading to signing day like we were. All those years losing to bad mediocre georgia teams which is infuriating is finally catching up to us.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

we always got talent in georgia under richt is what I am saying. Look at our commit list difference in this year vs last year. granted still 2 months to go but man they have walled georgia off so far. And unlike last year we are not looking as good with the elite prospects heading to signing day like we were. All those years losing to bad mediocre georgia teams which is infuriating is finally catching up to us.

Yeah, I think Smart made it his personal mission not to let us come in and take some of their top guys as we have in the past. Beating that sorry joker solves some of that

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah, I think Smart made it his personal mission not to let us come in and take some of their top guys as we have in the past. Beating that sorry joker solves some of that

I thought stidham would jump start some major momentum. Looks like the opposite has happened and I do not get it! Your right just win baby. I want to thump them. been a long time since we blew them out.

8 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Don't shoot the messenger. I can only post what is reported.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't shoot the messenger. I can only post what is reported.

That was not directed at you, E. As always, I appreciate your information! That comment was directed at our staff and what they are telling media sites. 

Forgive me for jumping in late, but from what I saw we were still in the mix with UGA and Florida?  Where does it say we are no longer in contention?  NCM also recommitted but ended up signing with us last year anyways.

39 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Forgive me for jumping in late, but from what I saw we were still in the mix with UGA and Florida?  Where does it say we are no longer in contention?  NCM also recommitted but ended up signing with us last year anyways.

The article I read last night said we were no longer in the mix. I clicked to t from Facebook and can't remember where I saw it....however, this morning i read that we are still in it as he is taking his OV to ga, us then fl in Jan.

If your afraid of a little competition then say your afraid, decommit and go somewhere you got promised to start with no one to compete against you. Darn it my inner monologue is broken again

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

We are technically in contention but in reality not really. UGA woooed him.

27 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

If your afraid of a little competition then say your afraid, decommit and go somewhere you got promised to start with no one to compete against you. Darn it my inner monologue is broken again

Has nothing to do with competition. He has just bought what UGA sold about playing safety. Gus was slow to react but I don't think it would have made a difference anyway.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Has nothing to do with competition. He has just bought what UGA sold about playing safety. Gus was slow to react but I don't think it would have made a difference anyway.

Can't help that the status of our DB coach is in flux...

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

I"m sorry he left, for now. I guess he saw the light in our QB rotation. He said we were still in it, along with UGA and Florida. Who knows, maybe he comes back.

He doesn't want to be a QB anymore. He wants to be a safety. I do find it a little annoying that we were the only team who would even give him a shot at QB, and now that he wants to switch, he's kicking us to the curb.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

To save you a little reading, McGriff has interviewed for the Ole Miss DC position.

Just found that page. I have been off the football forum and stuck in recruiting lately ? 

Thanks! End derail

Archived