2017 4* DB Tray Bishop (UGA 1/1/17)

WarDamnEagleWDE

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

When was the last time that the state of Alabama had a 5* HS QB?  ....or even a highly regarded 4*?   Maybe JW ?  Other than him, who? 

As long as we mostly confine out recruiting to such a small region we are going to have to take what the area produces.  JMO but once we go out of state for any recruit at any position we don't have an advantage over other SEC schools. 

Jake Bentley last year and the kid from Saraland in 2018.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

that L is on Gus either way then.

It's on both of them. It's on Gus for not at least listening to CDC and it's on CDC for getting caught up on himself and mentally lost focus on the team at some points.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

All I got out of that is gus wants yes men on his side of the ball for the most part. He could not handle DC alpha male.

And as a WR coach he should not have been an alpha male in that setting although he should have been listened to more IMO.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

OK both are 4* PRO..

I was thinking DT since it's consensus that we must have a DT to run the Malzahn offense.   I do hate that JB is elsewhere but it was pretty certain that he would be where his dad was coaching.....and I see West is looking at Stanford....smart boy.

But I'm back to my same old argument .....we need to spread our nets wider instead of getting fixed on one player ....and often it seems on a guy where we are not even a top consideration and I wonder if a top QB who sees himself in the NFL some day is interested in going the DT route...which generally does not to lead anywhere after college. :dunno:

I know most of us don't care for Dan Mullen, but he can find some talented DT QBs. Obviously Dak was special, and Nick Gibson is starting to come into his own and putting up some great numbers. The DTs are there and in our recruiting span. Our staff just needs to be better at evaluating them, then developing them. I am hopeful for Woody Barrett to be really good in a year or two. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

And as a WR coach he should not have been an alpha male in that setting although he should have been listened to more IMO.

That type of scenario is what turns a regular person that has good ideas (in his mind) into an alpha male.  It seems CDC had been here long enough and didn't feel the love.  

On November 19, 2016 at 11:58 PM, ellitor said:

You both forget ole crab legs Jameis Winston from Hueytown, Al (born in Bessemer).

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

You both forget ole crab legs Jameis Winston from Hueytown, Al (born in Bessemer).

He was included earlier in the conversation.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Harp_AU2013 said:

What's going on in Tracy's recruitment? Does he plan to enroll early?

follow the visits.

8 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

What's going on in Tracy's recruitment? Does he plan to enroll early?

What I have seen is VIP. Ask me again Saturday after the Super 7 is over and I'll see if I can find new free info. He is not a mid year enrollee.

Someone that "claims" to be in the know says Tray and grandparents have met with Kevin Sherrer 3 times recently. They feel strongly the flip will come very soon. Also that he wants to play safety. This is free info from dawgs24/7 and just an opinion. For what it's worth...

On 11/20/2016 at 8:15 AM, Gowebb11 said:

I know most of us don't care for Dan Mullen, but he can find some talented DT QBs. Obviously Dak was special, and Nick Gibson is starting to come into his own and putting up some great numbers. The DTs are there and in our recruiting span. Our staff just needs to be better at evaluating them, then developing them. I am hopeful for Woody Barrett to be really good in a year or two. 

nick fitzgerald is doing pretty well, also

1 hour ago, tombigbeetiger said:

nick fitzgerald is doing pretty well, also

Also have to remember it's ok for Mullen to go 6-6, 4-8 and still be safe at MSU and allow the growing pains of a young QB to get experience.  All that talk about Hurts development at bama also has to take that into context as well.  He's a turnover machine on a team that every position they aren't better then their opponent how do you think he does?  He averages over 2 turnovers a game.  He had 2 INTs against us and a fumble(overturned) and 2 other mistakes that put the ball in the ground.

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

Also have to remember it's ok for Mullen to go 6-6, 4-8 and still be safe at MSU and allow the growing pains of a young QB to get experience.  All that talk about Hurts development at bama also has to take that into context as well.  He's a turnover machine on a team that every position they aren't better then their opponent how do you think he does?  He averages over 2 turnovers a game.  He had 2 INTs against us and a fumble(overturned) and 2 other mistakes that put the ball in the ground.

He is also a true freshman. Those mistakes typically come with that territory. A coach just has to live with them and try to minimize them if he has to start one. Hurts had 3000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing. Id take those numbers and turnovers in a heartbeat.

I don't agree with your Mullins statement either.

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I doubt Tray will be apart of this class

Tray bails, we pick-up Narcisse and Stidham, and heads explode everywhere...

If it happens, you heard it here first.  If it doesn't, I deny all knowledge :)

16 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

Someone that "claims" to be in the know says Tray and grandparents have met with Kevin Sherrer 3 times recently. They feel strongly the flip will come very soon. Also that he wants to play safety. This is free info from dawgs24/7 and just an opinion. For what it's worth...

This seems to contradict why he opted for the O&B in the first place doesn't it? I thought he wanted a chance to try out at the QB position and we were going to give him that chance. I'm sure we could use a 6'3" S on the team if that is where he wants to play. Oh well, that is recruiting for you.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Tray bails, we pick-up Narcisse and Stidham, and heads explode everywhere...

If it happens, you heard it here first.  If it doesn't, I deny all knowledge :)

his best position is safety which is why he probaly will not be apart of this class.

He is quoted in an article somewhere saying he wants to play safety in College. I read it this morning but I can't find it now. I wish he would stay with us but he may not. 

On 12/1/2016 at 1:55 AM, tigerfangs said:

Thank you. Still provide links though whenever possible.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Do we not need a good safety?

when there is free info and not VIP I am sure @ellitor can say more.

Archived