2017 4* DB Tray Bishop (UGA 1/1/17)

WarDamnEagleWDE

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Just found that page. I have been off the football forum and stuck in recruiting lately ? 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't really sold on this guys potential to play QB. Big guy with great speed and qb experience. Reminded me of a bigger nick Marshall. When it came out he was rather wanting to play DB, he began to cool off for me a bit. Wish we could've kept his commitment, but I wasn't worried about him from a DB sense. We shall be fine 

Wait let me get this straight....we are messing ourselves up with bishop because we insist on him trying qb as opposed to safety?

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Wait let me get this straight....we are messing ourselves up with bishop because we insist on him trying qb as opposed to safety?

don't think it mattered. he is buying in to everything kirby is selling him at this point.

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

don't think it mattered. he is buying in to everything kirby is selling him at this point.

Ok I just read an article and it was from Columbus I believed that said something like that

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok I just read an article and it was from Columbus I believed that said something like that

him not wanting to play qb anymore is all kirby. He sold him on safety and here we are.

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So do we not like him at safety? 

makes me wonder....can't see why we would be pushing him toward QB but maybe so.   And maybe he sees too many DBs at AU now after the guy flipped from UNC?   Either way, we seem to have some good commitments at DB but don't know how many Gus wants to sign. 

But I always had the feeling from comments on this board that he was shaky for AU...was that true or had we backed off ?

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

makes me wonder....can't see why we would be pushing him toward QB but maybe so.   And maybe he sees too many DBs at AU now after the guy flipped from UNC?   Either way, we seem to have some good commitments at DB but don't know how many Gus wants to sign. 

But I always had the feeling from comments on this board that he was shaky for AU...was that true or had we backed off ?

I don't know because majority after every time we lose one that is said so I don't know when it's true or not true. We're not deep at safety though, seems like we'd want him but Idk. You know I was confused that we didn't go after woods at safety

It was said earlier in this thread that Bishop never expressed that he wanted to be on the defensive side of the ball. Uga sold him on the idea of safety. Auburn then told him he could play safety here if that's what he wanted. We thought he was set at playing QB.

I always thought his heart was with Bulldogs but they wouldn't offer as a QB.  We did but then he decided he was a better safety so he went with his heart. No hard feelings.

8 hours ago, autan said:

I always thought his heart was with Bulldogs but they wouldn't offer as a QB.  We did but then he decided he was a better safety so he went with his heart. No hard feelings.

Never know for sure what a kid is thinking...but I never have hard feelings for a guy over which school he selects...even Reuben....sometimes hate to lose them but the guy has to do what he thinks is best and he should be where he wants to be. 

And I rarely blame our coaches when we lose a guy we want.....the "leading the horse to water" theory..... 

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Never know for sure what a kid is thinking...but I never have hard feelings for a guy over which school he selects...even Reuben....sometimes hate to lose them but the guy has to do what he thinks is best and he should be where he wants to be. 

And I rarely blame our coaches when we lose a guy we want.....the "leading the horse to water" theory..... 

In most cases I agree with you. There have been a very few cases where I believe the kid played us and I don't like it. That said I won't lose any sleep over it. I am one of the guys who say trust the coaches. The reason I say that is the coaches do this for a living. While I like to think I know football I can't compare myself to a person whose whole life has been football. As for recruiting kids there are so many different reasons a kid will choose one school over another it is impossible to always get the ones you want because everybody else wants them too. Considering we recruit head up to bama the greatest (not saying how they do it) recruiting school in the NCAA and we have to steal kids from GA & Fl. we do pretty darn good.

There is no truer statement then what you said you can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Lol if this kid wanted to be committed to AU. He would stay committed. Sounds like UGA did a great job making a push and he is ready to bounce. I am sure the coaches had no problem allowing him to come in as a safety.

7 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Has anyone heard why Bishop de-committed from Auburn? I just read about a few seconds ago on here.

Read through the thread and will find the answer.

On 12/15/2016 at 1:00 AM, autan said:

I think you are are right about his heart being at UGA and he committed to us because we said he would have a chance at QB. But when Stidham committed to us I think Smart convinced him that he was not going to get a real  chance at QB with us and he returned to his first love. Maybe a case of the competition being too tough so he took the easier course.

Archived