Montravius Adams w/o any help...

ausoldiergrad

Montravius Adams is Nick Fairley 2.0. Unfortunately today...despite the fact that he was able to disrupt nearly every other play, he was the only one winning on the line. With a nimble qb, and nobody else getting in the back field, huge holes opened up time after time. We NEED Carl Lawson! We need Trey Matthews. There are so many talented playmakers on our defense, but they aren't doing anything for us on the sideline. Hope everybody shows up ready to go next week or we are likely going to get embarrassed. Great game by Cass and Rudy too for the record.

If we have this much drop off because Tray and Carl are out, we are in TROUBLE. I hate to say it, but as far as pass defense goes, I don't see much improvement from last year. This was an FBS school that primarily runs the ball. There is no good excuse for Will not to have some sort of answer to their passing game. The DBs played soft coverage all day even when it was obvious they were exploiting it.

Never mind the fact that we have freshman playing all over the freaking backfield. Y'all go in and play!

If we have this much drop off because Tray and Carl are out, we are in TROUBLE. I hate to say it, but as far as pass defense goes, I don't see much improvement from last year. This was an FBS school that primarily runs the ball. There is no good excuse for Will not to have some sort of answer to their passing game. The DBs played soft coverage all day even when it was obvious they were exploiting it.

Without Lawson, I see a little improvement in the pass rush--but it's marginal at this point. It seems like Cassanova is our best man rushing the passer when Lawson isn't in the game.

How in the world did we never make the adjustment and play press coverage? I kept saying it inside the stadium play after play.

Never mind the fact that we have freshman playing all over the freaking backfield. Y'all go in and play!

Keep in mind that Tennessee has already played 15 freshmen this year, and 22 last year. But they hung with an Okie team that was better than JSU.

Keep in mind that Tennessee has already played 15 freshmen this year, and 22 last year. But they hung with an Okie team that was better than JSU.

Blew a 17-0 lead too

What is the D going to look like when Adams & possibly Lawson declare for the NFL this year? The is the 3rd year under CGM, there are no excuses for lack of depth or lack of D talent.

Actually I feel better about the D with the young guys. Russell looks really really good. Holland plays like a damn banshee. Cowart is solid already (which is what you want from a freshman). Davis, Dinson, and Irvin are playing starters' reps in the backfield. Our young guys have looked very good on that side of the ball.

Archived