Rob Pate Nails it

Proud Tiger

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His article is behind the pay wall.

I don't know what Rob said, but it is crystal clear that giving all the blame to JJ is way off base. Yes, his play has been terrible, but guess what....there are a bunch, I mean a bunch, of players AND coaches who need to look into the mirror because their performance has also been terrible.

There is something wrong with this team. I am starting to think that there is dissension on the team and folks are mailing it in. What the %^$# is wrong with this team?!!

Why do you think there is something wrong with this team? Because of two tough wins? Those kids pulled it together last week and won, it should not have been close but JSU was not a run of the mill FCS team. We thought we could roll the helmet out and win, but found out the hard way that was not gonna happen. As for Louisville - that game was well in hand, the change to that mobile QB caught AU off guard but AU did what was needed to win. What I see is a talented but young team. They are still growing together, and learning to play together specifically on the OLINE...as for JJ, this stage may prove to be too big for him, hopefully he settles down this weekend and plays like he know he can.

First of all Rob pate sucked....second there are many things that need to be fixed

Wasn't he the starter at safety (?) for a few years? on some very good defenses?

Can Auburn pull off a repeat of 1999 and beat LSU at Tiger Stadium on Saturday?

We also went 5-6 in 1999 in spite of thumping LSU in Tiger Stadium. :dunno:

First of all Rob pate sucked....second there are many things that need to be fixed

1. Rob Pate was a very good safety.

2. He agrees that there is a lot to be fixed. He does not put all the blame on JJ at all.

Pate was about like etheridge, a decent safety that liked contact. NEVER wanted him covering somebody one on one. But to talk in that tone I think you at the least need to be a NFL player

I don't know what Rob said, but it is crystal clear that giving all the blame to JJ is way off base. Yes, his play has been terrible, but guess what....there are a bunch, I mean a bunch, of players AND coaches who need to look into the mirror because their performance has also been terrible.

There is something wrong with this team. I am starting to think that there is dissension on the team and folks are mailing it in. What the %^$# is wrong with this team?!!

I'm not sure what the pay wall is you refer to. The link works for me. It is a public article on 247 Sports

The link you post says this when I click on it.

"Can Auburn pull off a repeat of 1999 and beat LSU at Tiger Stadium on Saturday?

To continue reading, subscribe now for VIP Access"

hence behind a pay wall.

we wasnt exactly championship U when Rob was playing..... Bowden, Oliver, Tubbs first year maybe?

Played in SEC title against Manning.... Played good.

His uncle married my aunt way back lol

I'm not sure what the pay wall is you refer to. The link works for me. It is a public article on 247 Sports

Post a different link then. It is either that or you have been giving money to 247 every month and didnt even know it lol.

Wasn't he the starter at safety (?) for a few years? on some very good defenses?

Tiger, I remember the opening game of Pate's freshman year. I was wondering who #31 was, and I found out later he was a true freshman. If a four year started can be classified as a sucky player, I'd have to question the football "enlightenment" to those who classify him as such.

Why do you think there is something wrong with this team? Because of two tough wins? Those kids pulled it together last week and won, it should not have been close but JSU was not a run of the mill FCS team. We thought we could roll the helmet out and win, but found out the hard way that was not gonna happen. As for Louisville - that game was well in hand, the change to that mobile QB caught AU off guard but AU did what was needed to win. What I see is a talented but young team. They are still growing together, and learning to play together specifically on the OLINE...as for JJ, this stage may prove to be too big for him, hopefully he settles down this weekend and plays like he know he can.

:rimshot:

I'd wager he's a much better athlete than you could ever have dreamed of being. Can only really good NCAA players have opinions about football? If so, that discounts everyone on this board's opinions.

Post a different link then. It is either that or you have been giving money to 247 every month and didnt even know it lol.

See new link in OP. Hope this works.

Proud Tiger, see where it says "VIP" under the article you're trying to get us to read? That means we can't unless we pay for 247 like you do because, as previously mentioned, it's behind a paywall.

See modified OP. Hope this works. If not I have no clue.

Nothing

I'd wager he's a much better athlete than you could ever have dreamed of being. Can only really good NCAA players have opinions about football? If so, that discounts everyone on this board's opinions.

I could care less what you imagine. And I didn't say they are the only ones that can talk but when you're absolutely blasting kids for not doing something you couldn't do when you played it makes me laugh. And better football player absolutely, better athlete than I could ever imagine?? Not close

See modified OP. Hope this works. If not I have no clue.

Well good side is if you're not paying it seems you have a free subscription....

Tiger, I remember the opening game of Pate's freshman year. I was wondering who #31 was, and I found out later he was a true freshman. If a four year started can be classified as a sucky player, I'd have to question the football "enlightenment" to those who classify him as such.

What were the records of those teams?

:rimshot:/>

:rimshot:

Archived