Josh Holsey out for the season

WinningTradition

Hate this! Josh had the athletic ability to be an All American CB in my opinion. Getting moved around all over the defense and injuries derailed that.

Josh will always be remembered for putting the team first, being unselfish, and doing what was asked of him no matter the role. He's a warrior and I will always remember that about him.

My thoughts are with he and his family. WDE Josh, you will always be a true auburn man

Agree with most of your post, Maverick; but I don't know if it's certain that Josh's career is over.

I believe he could, if he wanted, apply for a medical redshirt, which is likely to be granted in this case.

Best of luck in his recovery and deciding what he wants to do moving forward! I hope he'll still be part of the team, imparting leadership and advice when needed.

Ah, yes, I forgot about that when posting. According to Ryan Black, he would be shocked if Holsey didn't apply for a Medical RS. Still a decision Holsey has to make himself, which can be tough when you have several injuries ( 2 ACL tears) as he has had. Regardless if he plays another down or not Ive always liked him talent wise and Ive also been a big fan of his attitude and the demeanor he's maintained for 4 solid years.

Imo what makes it so bad is he suffered these injuries because he sacrificed for the team. He shouldn't have ever played safety full time

Imo what makes it so bad is he suffered these injuries because he sacrificed for the team. He shouldn't have ever played safety full time

is that what caused his injury?

Certainly. Everybody knows that safetys get injured but cornerbacks never get hurt. That makes it the coaching staff's fault all the way. (that is, if you believe Cole)

And yes, he can apply for a medical redshirt and is almost certain to get approved.

man... this sucks. for him. he was such a reliable player. i really hope he can redshirt and work back to the football field again. the first year he tore it, he was having an outstanding season.

auburn man. just a good leader for the team.

Certainly. Everybody knows that safetys get injured but cornerbacks never get hurt. That makes it the coaching staff's fault all the way. (that is, if you believe Cole)

And yes, he can apply for a medical redshirt and is almost certain to get approved.

lol

You're just stupid if you don't know that playing safety is much more physical than playing corner. That's like saying an undersized wr isn't more susceptible to playing a tight end position....You're way too old to call yourself carrying a grudge because somebody doesn't agree with you though. And I didn't say it was anybody's fault but I guess without adding the lie your post wouldn't make any sense huh?

lol

Whelp can't say I didn't try with you....

lol

Whelp can't say I didn't try with you....

try what

You're just stupid if you don't know that playing safety is much more physical than playing corner. That's like saying an undersized wr isn't more susceptible to playing a tight end position....You're way too old to call yourself carrying a grudge because somebody doesn't agree with you though. And I didn't say it was anybody's fault but I guess without adding the lie your post wouldn't make any sense huh?

Quote: "He shouldn't have ever played safety full time" If that's not blaming the coaches, I don't know what is. More physical or not, the number of safety and CB injuries at AU, over the years, haven't been noticeably different. You posted before putting your brain in gear.

I don't care what has happened over the years at Auburn. Reese never missed a game before Full back hasn't because of injury either so I guess that means your less likely to get hurt on the o line blocking d ends than playing corner too. And for all we know Hosely went to the coaches and asked to play safety. But what we do know is he's small for a corner so even smaller for a safety. What really happened in your eagerness to be a jack ass you just posted some really dumb stuff....You should just stick to not knowing what you're talking about as far as linebackers or correcting somebody about how many scholarships we have....That's the only thing you're good at

Archived