Jay Jacobs

PatBoCamRob

Two things...

The concert is not "faith affiliated" it is simply tied to the Chicken Salad Chick Foundation, which supports a nimber of causes. Some people are just looking for things to B about.

You're right. I knew that at OP. But what I said was they billed it as such. Doesn't really matter what it is, just what people think it is. Great marketing play on the one hand. Giant invitation for a test case on the other. Sounds ridiculous, I know. Until it goes to the Supreme Court.

CSC foundation is, I'm sure, a fine organization. That's not what this is about though.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really long article summed up in a sentence. Sometimes there are extra tickets right before a game that sometimes get sold in bulk to guys that are willing to buy 20 or more tickets on short notice and the ticket office didn't email every donor and wait to see if others wanted them. Typical agenda based reporting looking to stir the pot so they can get readers at Auburns expense. Shocker the wall st journal would be involved. No reason for a NY paper to be so interested in every detail of AU other than bammer infiltration. Notice not one real source on the record with anything of substance. Shocker. When will people stop giving credence to the WSJ? They are a constant AU hit piece and not worthy of reading ever.

I was just passing the information on.

Really long article summed up in a sentence. Sometimes there are extra tickets right before a game that sometimes get sold in bulk to guys that are willing to buy 20 or more tickets on short notice and the ticket office didn't email every donor and wait to see if others wanted them. Typical agenda based reporting looking to stir the pot so they can get readers at Auburns expense. Shocker the wall st journal would be involved. No reason for a NY paper to be so interested in every detail of AU other than bammer infiltration. Notice not one real source on the record with anything of substance. Shocker. When will people stop giving credence to the WSJ? They are a constant AU hit piece and not worthy of reading ever.

I know. I was responding to the article, not to you.

This deserves its own thread but can't create one.

http://www.montgomer...tions/73315908/

I know. I was responding to the article, not to you.

and a very good response too.....

Sometimes there are extra tickets right before a game that sometimes get sold in bulk to guys that are willing to buy 20 or more tickets on short notice and the ticket office didn't email every donor and wait to see if others wanted them.

Except for the part about people being able to procure 60+ tickets to the BCS Title game in 2010.

Sometimes there are extra tickets right before a game that sometimes get sold in bulk to guys that are willing to buy 20 or more tickets on short notice and the ticket office didn't email every donor and wait to see if others wanted them.

Except for the part about people being able to procure 60+ tickets to the BCS Title game in 2010.

Where are the documented facts to support it though? The WSJ and the Montgomery Advertiser spend a lot of time and money throwing whatever they can find at AU and most of it never has any real proof.

That said, I don't doubt Tim Jackson has done some shady things. However, is letting someone that buys all the extra tickets to games on a regular basis (which likely makes the University a lot of extra money versus unsold single tickets)..is letting that person have extra tickets to a big game some kind of crime? I seriously doubt it.

Where are the documented facts to support it though? The WSJ and the Montgomery Advertiser spend a lot of time and money throwing whatever they can find at AU and most of it never has any real proof.

That said, I don't doubt Tim Jackson has done some shady things. However, is letting someone that buys all the extra tickets to games on a regular basis (which likely makes the University a lot of extra money versus unsold single tickets)..is letting that person have extra tickets to a big game some kind of crime? I seriously doubt it.

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs acknowledged that it prompted one donor to set up a meeting just so he could ask questions about the 60-ticket purchase.

The fact that Jacobs didn't come out and say that it didn't happen.

is letting that person have extra tickets to a big game some kind of crime?

No, it's grossly unfair to the people who were unable to get tickets to the game who had been in the TUF for years and years.

Why does it matter how AU handles their ticket sells? Why does it matter what Tigers Unlimited does with extra tickets?

Seriously, can't Auburn do whatever the hell they want with their own dang tickets?

So what if friends of the program get special treatment? That's no one's buisness.

I went to that game. There was an entire section of the upper deck that was empty. Anyone else notice that?

I went to that game. There was an entire section of the upper deck that was empty. Anyone else notice that?

So you think AU is deliberately not selling tickets that it could actually sell? JMO but the athletic department wants the tickets sold at some price as early as possible and does not want to get into the business of selling a thousand tickets or more on a one by one basis week after week. If some organization will buy a "lot" at a "lot price"....that is probably the system that brings in the greatest net revenue.....which is what matters...kind of the bird in the hand theory.

The likely solution is to buy your tickets when they are first available rather that wait until the last minute to see if the weather is good, the team has been playing well for a couple weeks, etc. Buying in August probably doesn't work for some people but at least there is a secondary market for those who want to buy at the last minute....and the secondary marketers are the ones who are stuck with the unsold tickets as Patbo noted. The capitalist system at work IMO.

Why does it matter how AU handles their ticket sells? Why does it matter what Tigers Unlimited does with extra tickets?

Seriously, can't Auburn do whatever the hell they want with their own dang tickets?

So what if friends of the program get special treatment? That's no one's buisness.

It matters because of the rules that they impose on the TUF donors but allow side deals to a couple of buddies, one who then sells them on Stubhub and bypassing higher level of donors. So they violate their own rules. When you have manipulation not everything is above board plus you are not allowing AU fans to fill those seats vice the general public. It is everyone's business if the rules set in place are not followed. If not then why even have TUF? Seriously, if you are one of the ones making money off of this deal you would say it isn't anyone's business but for others who wait their turn and pay their fees there is an injustice that they aren't considered for the extra tickets.

I know there were a lot of people in Alabama who couldn't get out on Sunday or Monday due to the ice storms.

Nice UnderArmour football contract by our athletic dept in the face of 12 months of dicey AU football. The JJ rollercoaster continues...

Under Armour is a successful business....they don't make rash decisions based on one year of results like AU fans seem to do. Apparently they have more faith in Auburn's future than do many folks posting here. Meanwhile, looks like that new Aubitron is now paid for...with money left over.

Archived