Cass will start at DE

Maverick.AU

He did this last year some also with no success to be honest

Solid couple plays here though

Not sure how successful it was today either.

Can he play DE?

No, not even a little.

His style of play, natural instincts, and build is probably more akin to a DE

I wasn't serious clark. Obviously, he can play the position or he wouldn't be starting.

@Allie_Davison: Cassanova McKinzy will start at defensive end

Been calling for this for weeks.

I've been saying he would be a better DE since the day he signed with Auburn.

End. He brought pressure. I didn't see most of the first half because my 3 month old son lost his mind.

Congrats on the baby......

The play on the field will cause anyone to lose their mind. Got to start them early!

I think Cass contributed more at DE than he'd be contributing at LB. With Garrett back LB is about as good as it will be this year, Cass or not. We need somebody at DE that can pressure the passer and it's starting to look like the others there simply aren't built for the pass rushing part of the job.

He applied pressure several times. Their qb was quick or he would have probably gotten a sack or two. Agreed he is better there than lb.

I think Cass contributed more at DE than he'd be contributing at LB. With Garrett back LB is about as good as it will be this year, Cass or not. We need somebody at DE that can pressure the passer and it's starting to look like the others there simply aren't built for the pass rushing part of the job.

Tre Williams returning should help some at LB. I'm for the move of Cass to DE though, and otherwise also agree with yor post.

I thought Cass did a good job at bringing pressure several times in the game. I don't know how well he played the position overall . . . such as leverage and maintaining the point of attack/boundary.

Then again, it seems our DEs have had issues holding contain for eons now.

I thought Cass did a good job at bringing pressure several times in the game. I don't know how well he played the position overall . . . such as leverage and maintaining the point of attack/boundary.

Then again, it seems our DEs have had issues holding contain for eons now.

three different DCs over the decade and same inability to prevent the short pass or keep people from running around our ends...it is amazing how that tendency continues on and on...

He applied pressure several times. Their qb was quick or he would have probably gotten a sack or two. Agreed he is better there than lb.

Seems like a good move.

"Linebacker/Buck Cassanova McKinzy

Had four tackles including a sack and three hurries in first game entirely at the Buck position."

Seems like a good move.

"Linebacker/Buck Cassanova McKinzy

Had four tackles including a sack and three hurries in first game entirely at the Buck position."

I was must have been distracted when he got the sack

Archived