***Auburn vs. San Jose State - Post Game Thread***

alexava

LOL.

It's always like this right after a game. Y'all piss and moan and whine and groan. We won. Sorry. War Eagle, anyway.

Ikr...kids just got to keep grinding and believing,...WDE

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...I'm going to try and be as positive as possible. I have very little faith in gutless, nutless Gus at the point. Our line backers look as lost as ever. Sean White did great, but he was basically a game manager so...Arkansas will get at least one SEC win this year. Peyton Barber is basically the second coming of Tre Mason. Guy knew what he was talking about. All in all, our offensive line consistently takes a full half to get warmed up and our d-line looks like it would get pushed around by Girl Scouts. That and no one can shed blocks, though there did seem to be some improvement in that area. I feel like I'm used to us sucking at this point. Basically, I feel like a Vanderbilt fan. WDE

You should go be one for a while and see what that is like. I am going to choose to wait to lose faith in "gutless, nutless Gus" until the season has played out. Of course I wanted him to go for it but assuming Carlson makes a chip shot field goal the game would have been over. I think it might be less gutless to make decisions based on what the peanut gallery wants. He is trying to win games. Not an ideal situation but if they can get the W against Kentucky we could still salvage a decent season. Let's see what he comes up with over the bye. WDE

Gus makes too much money, and Auburn spends too much on Football, to hope to steal a win against KENTUCKY, to salvage a decent season. This type of thinking is for Vanderbilt. The sole reason you play teams like Jax St. and SJSU is to dominate, build confidence, and open up your entire playbook to see what works well, and what doesn't. These teams take the paycheck, and realize they could get beat by 60+ points. If you have to scrap and fight to the very end against these teams to get a win, the win can actually be a step backwards.

Other than PB running his ass off again, what is there to build on from this game? I guess you could say no one injured for the season??? That's a win, I guess. Other than that, we were outplayed in every aspect of the game except for turnovers. SJSU had no respect for us, going for it on 4th downs, running up the gut on 3 and 15+ (and converting more times than not). They ran that TE 15 yards right down that middle of the field and completed that pass at least 6 times for a first down. I hate to be a downer, but this game was that bad.

Hopefully the BYE week will do us some good. Maybe we'll turn to page two in our playbook, and work some of those plays into the rotation. If not, Thursday night in Lexington might get really ugly!!!

Come on now...I need to read more whining and end of world comments....why Gus should be fired..saying players suck, fans did not cheer enough, Lashlee should quit, Muschamp is overrated, etc...please don't disappoint me...

Keep your head in the sand if you want.

The rest of us, however, see how soft and inept this team is and expressing our displeasure is not even remotely whining. The entire nation has been witness to this team folding like a cheap tent. We are an awful football team right now and questions will be asked that need to be answered.

LOL.

It's always like this right after a game. Y'all piss and moan and whine and groan. We won. Sorry. War Eagle, anyway.

Ikr...kids just got to keep grinding and believing,...WDE

Yep. That and avoid message boards with know-it-all fans.

Come on now...I need to read more whining and end of world comments....why Gus should be fired..saying players suck, fans did not cheer enough, Lashlee should quit, Muschamp is overrated, etc...please don't disappoint me...

The rest of us, however, see how soft and inept this team is and expressing our displeasure is not even remotely whining. The entire nation has been witness to this team folding like a cheap tent. We are an awful football team right now and questions will be asked that need to be answered.

Danh danh duunnhhh!

Poorly coached and poorly prepared. Receivers not running routes and trotting through plays. Nobody to catch a pass.

Who's that on, DC?

Yes... yes it is.

Dameyune should be coaching our QB's, not our recievers!

But we leave our QB's for Rhett Lashlee to screw up!

My god, what a waste of space!

There is SOMETHING going on behind the scenes. There has to be. Gus will survive this year, but if we need a new coach in the not-too-distant future, we absolutely cannot "keep it in the family," as JJ so loves to do.

We've had a few poster that have eluded to issues in the locker room among the players and among some of the coaches. We have a lot of egos in this program. I agree 100% SOMETHING ain't right behind the scenes and it's showing in the product on the field.

Jason Smith needs to be starting at QB. All we need him to do is be an average thrower. This offense doesn't work unless the defense respects our QBs running the ball off the zone read. Period.

I don't recall Chris Tods being a runner

Gus got the most he could out of Chris that year. Credit to him. But how many games did we win that year?? 8?? Is that the bar? This offense is most effective with a QB who can hurt you with his legs. PERIOD.

But the offense was very effective with him....I don't have answers, but what I see is a team with a new DC, new QB, New RB, New Center, and a lot of youth at key positions. The expectation of the talking heads has a lot of fans more upset than need be. I stated in pre season the team was ranked too high - and was maybe a year away of those lofty expectations. They just got to keep grinding and take it one game at a time and continue to learn to play as a team. Watching a team grow up can be an ugly sight and tough for fans to swallow...hang in there

Your post make more sense than most of the "couch" coaches on here all the time. I didn't have high expectations this year. Wyy? A new QB (2), TWO centers, a ton of first time starters on defense. Auburn has had injuries from game one. I'm sorry, but being bowl eligible from the get go was my thought.

As far as JS as the starting QB, if he was that good he would have been from the start.

There were no turnovers on offense which is a really refreshing sight, BUT not taking shots down field fall on recievers ACTUALLY running routes all the way. Duke has taking way too many plays off the entire season. Ricardo has performed light years ahead of duke....this season and last. Only difference from last to this year, is the fact Ricardo actually TRIES!

The secondary has stepped up and show they are young....real young. BUT the defensive line HAS TOO PLAY BETTER!

Jason Smith needs to be starting at QB. All we need him to do is be an average thrower. This offense doesn't work unless the defense respects our QBs running the ball off the zone read. Period.

Gus got the most he could out of Chris that year. Credit to him. But how many games did we win that year?? 8?? Is that the bar? This offense is most effective with a QB who can hurt you with his legs. PERIOD.

Maybe the offensive scheme needs to be changed then. Surely Gus understands that he has to design his offensive to the ability of his players?

This. If the problem is so simple that Jason Smith is the answer, then the problem really isn't at QB. It's with coaching. But yea, Jason Smith isn't the answer.

OK.....We won and did not look too bad. I can say with 100%, that this was our best played game. Our running game earned a C+ and our passing game earned a D+. Overall team effort would be a B. Special teams earned an A-

By the way, I know it is early, but the Gators are feasting on the webels as I predicted. I will either gloat or sincerely apologize if Old Pi$$ wins. A dear friend of mine for many years since the John Reaves and Carlos Alvarez years in the late 60s and of course Super Sully and Terry Beasley, is in the later stages of Pancreatic cancer. I told him that I would pull for his gators except of course it they play us.

I want this win for him as any win for a team I have ever pulled for except for our Tigers. We watched the last 4 games that the gators have played together. He has watched every Auburn game with me as well. He is in the swamp with his family tonight, and this will likely be the last gator game he will be able to see in his life. So I say...Go Gators and put the nasty webels in a huge lake full of gators waiting to feast on the webels! It is 19-0 for the gators.

Almost forgot....War Damn Corgi!

I was happy with today's game...not everything I'd like to see but some questions were answered.

Better play calling in the red zone.

Sean White's deep ball was impressive iF Smith would have caught it. I like him as a runner too.

I asked last week why we moved away from Barber as our primary runner the last two games.

Duke needs more targets. I don't care what any of you say about this one. Even if he was busting his ass the ball isn't coming his way. No way I would come to Auburn if I were a receiver recruit.

O line was better

Getting cute and messing up is annoying

One penalty is a HUGE improvement and has been overlooked.

Secondary is improving gradually.Cowart played well and Adams is 9 times better when someone else is playing well on the line. It's clear Muschamp isn't running the defense hoW he would like to.

Rhett Lashlee needs to go and Daymeune needs to get switched to QB coach.

We haven't had a Tight End play in the game yet, if am right. Just an observation

I noticed this too. Many, many teams throughout the college landscape utilize TE's in their offensive schemes. Not sure why we don't even have one on the field.

Soooooo....about that kid name Peyton Barber! I'm so happy for this kid! Without him....i don't even want to think about if we didn't have him.

We haven't had a Tight End play in the game yet, if am right. Just an observation

I noticed this too. Many, many teams throughout the college landscape utilize TE's in their offensive schemes. Not sure why we don't even have one on the field.

All our TE's are pretty young...green. However, even without the TE's the middle of the field is wide open for our WRs but we don't take advantage of it.

By who you? That's hilarious

Soooooo....about that kid name Peyton Barber! I'm so happy for this kid! Without him....i don't even want to think about if we didn't have him.

Yeah. Great game from him. I picked him earlier in the preseason to be the guy. I actually like the thunder and lightning approach with him and Roc. Peyton shows he's going to be a good one for us

But the offense was very effective with him....I don't have answers, but what I see is a team with a new DC, new QB, New RB, New Center, and a lot of youth at key positions. The expectation of the talking heads has a lot of fans more upset than need be. I stated in pre season the team was ranked too high - and was maybe a year away of those lofty expectations. They just got to keep grinding and take it one game at a time and continue to learn to play as a team. Watching a team grow up can be an ugly sight and tough for fans to swallow...hang in there

Your post make more sense than most of the "couch" coaches on here all the time. I didn't have high expectations this year. Wyy? A new QB (2), TWO centers, a ton of first time starters on defense. Auburn has had injuries from game one. I'm sorry, but being bowl eligible from the get go was my thought.

As far as JS as the starting QB, if he was that good he would have been from the start.

There were no turnovers on offense which is a really refreshing sight, BUT not taking shots down field fall on recievers ACTUALLY running routes all the way. Duke has taking way too many plays off the entire season. Ricardo has performed light years ahead of duke....this season and last. Only difference from last to this year, is the fact Ricardo actually TRIES!

The secondary has stepped up and show they are young....real young. BUT the defensive line HAS TOO PLAY BETTER!

Bingo...got to find a pass rusher...

Yeah. Great game from him. I picked him earlier in the preseason to be the guy. I actually like the thunder and lightning approach with him and Roc. Peyton shows he's going to be a good one for us

Same here. I would've been fine if it was Jovon leading us but just felt like whenever Peyton did get a chance he'd take advantage of it. Kid is a beast! I like Roc with the dump down pass. I think KJ and Peyton are a good 1-2 punch. Roc's fumbling issues worry me too much but when he's in open space...he's deadly. May not hurt to put him in the slot from time to time as well.

Huh? I can't understand what your are saying with your head in the sand.

Huh? I can't understand what your are saying with your head in the sand.

Now that's pretty funny there.

I don't recall Gus or this team being as bad in 2009

Start whoever you want, the end result isn't going to change much. We're going to have to upset Kentucky for a 5th win. A 6th win is damn near impossible. I literally can't fathom the amount of change it'd take for us to beat any of the good teams we have scheduled

Archived